Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are being a little kind to Danyle and harsh on us supporters. I was on board the DP train when he first came over and I thought he would bring a lot to the team. But I have been somewhat disappointed over the years. When we had the 3 Pearces in the team, Danyle was dubbed "20m-Pearce" as that was about the distance you could rely on him to hit a target. Anything more and it would end up in opposition hands or OOB. I think he looked good in the first couple of games because everyone else looked like crap; it's not like DP stepped up.

Don't hate the guy and if he is given another opportunity in the team then I hope he kills it and makes me eat my words. Like you I am happy that a youngster is getting ago instead and am happy to have him as an emergency until someone else steps up to take his place.
I have never heard him referred to as that. Indeed it is about as far from accurate as you could get with the usual criticism that he hoofs it long and without looking. You are right about him not stepping up, he has been ultra consistent over 250 games and his first two games this year fit that mould.
If he not really happy to play for peel , I am happy for him to be an emergency as long as possible. Too good for wafl . Dawson and griffin already pass it in wafl . one don't want to play ressies and the other don't have the speed .
Where has he said that he doesn't want to play for Peel?

Well he was dropped, so I don't think he did that well according to the coaches ;) I think most have valid criticism of Danyle - his inside 50 entries. Did you see how improved the ratio of shots on goal to inside 50 entries was last week? I hope he has to go back to Peel to work on that because it's very important. All the hard work winning the ball and transitioning to get an i50 entry can not only be undone with poor i50 delivery but can hurt you majorly on the rebound - like both Geelong and Port did against us in Rds 1 & 2. If he comes back in without any WAFL time I'll personally be disappointed (the only exception being due to an injury).
Yes he was dropped to make way for younger players, which I'm OK with. My point was that he wasn't in our worst 6 players over the first 2 rounds.
As for the improved I50s, it helps when there are actually players in the forward line to kick it to. Once again, he wasn't the worst over rounds 1 and 2 for I50s. Yes we have looked better without him in the team, but we might have looked as good with him in the team.

For the next unpopular opinion he is the perfect replacement for S Hill, if Hill doesn't get up because he can replace some of the contested possessions that Hill gets. And this board will melt.

I was looking through the player profiles and Q&As to read about the new players and decided to compile a list of who supported what club as a kid:

West Coast (AKA s**t Blokes :p):
Ballantyne
Brad Hill
Hughes

Fremantle (AKA Good Blokes :thumbsu:):
Bennell
Griffin

Collingwood:
Crozier

Geelong:
Darcy
Walters

Hawthorn:
Dawson

Richmond:
Fyfe
Weller

Carlton:
Ibbotson

St Kilda:
Logue
Suban
Tucker

Essendon:
Danyle Pearce
Sheridan

For the rest of them, they don't have a Q&A section or they didn't put in that question.

I was looking through the player profiles and Q&As to read about the new players and decided to compile a list of who supported what club as a kid:

West Coast (AKA s**t Blokes :p):
Ballantyne
Brad Hill
Hughes

Fremantle (AKA Good Blokes :thumbsu:):
Bennell
Griffin

Collingwood:
Crozier

Geelong:
Darcy
Walters

Hawthorn:
Dawson

Richmond:
Fyfe
Weller

Carlton:
Ibbotson

St Kilda:
Logue
Suban
Tucker

Essendon:
Danyle Pearce
Sheridan

For the rest of them, they don't have a Q&A section or they didn't put in that question.

I am pretty sure SHill is Weagles as well. Cam McCarthy and Strnadica are definitely Dockers

I am pretty sure SHill is Weagles as well. Cam McCarthy and Strnadica are definitely Dockers

As was MJ. He used to go to Freo games as a youngster with his late father. He used to comment that it was a childhood memory he treasured of going to the footy to watch the Dockers with his dad, who died quite young from a heart attack I think.

Lachie Neale was a Port supporter - there's a photo of him as a kid in a Port jumper floating around the internet.

Edit: Or maybe it's this I was thinking about - the photo of him in the Port shirt he used to wear as a kid to took when he went home one time . Think he put it on his instagram as a piss-take!

1e215db88f7496b0f394327227bdd55b.jpg

Last edited:
Whatley just blew a load talking about Lachie Neales performance on the weekend.

Slobbo then tried to get him to admit that Ross Lyon made a great decision putting him in the forward line instead of in the guts.

He squirmed and squirmed about the Ross comment. Love that Ross can put the fear of God into the media.

I doubt he will ever forget the "deceitful and duplicitous" comments. Nor should he.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He insulted everything Purple.
100,000 people want to pizzle the piddler since that day.
Naturally Ross has first dibs.He'll do the best job.
It's personal.

No retraction is the bit that exposes him for what he is.

As was MJ. He used to go to Freo games as a youngster with his late father. He used to comment that it was a childhood memory he treasured of going to the footy to watch the Dockers with his dad, who died quite young from a heart attack I think.

Lachie Neale was a Port supporter - there's a photo of him as a kid in a Port jumper floating around the internet.

Edit: Or maybe it's this I was thinking about - the photo of him in the Port shirt he used to wear as a kid to took when he went home one time . Think he put it on his instagram as a piss-take!

1e215db88f7496b0f394327227bdd55b.jpg

He WAS a port supporter :p

Plenty of AFL players have the odd f** now and again.
At the grand final breakfast I went to, Gawn was there to chat and get his photo taken with the fans and do an on stage interview. Gawn was the biggest bloke I have had my photo taken with, but anyway, during the interview he said right in front of everybody that he liked a smoke. So there's one you can add to your claim. Um also mundy was doing the same kind of thing at the breakfast. I touched him and he said I was allowed but he cracked that smile. When mundy went up for his onstage, the first thing they said to him was thanks for dressing up because mundy was wearing a knitted jumper.

I like the drums at the start they bring onto the field with the pump up song but can they do better at making sure the drums are in timing with the beat? Otherwise it's terrible and we might as well not have them at all.
Yeah I liked those drummers but as you say get the thing synched.

Yeah I liked those drummers but as you say get the thing synched.
Actually I think if the crowd chanted E A G E freo dockers and get the drums going. It would be great cos the drummers wouldn't be just performing but they'd feel part of something greater than themselves. I think it should be onus of the cheer squad to learn this 4 note chant. To take us back to out roots.

At the grand final breakfast I went to, Gawn was there to chat and get his photo taken with the fans and do an on stage interview. Gawn was the biggest bloke I have had my photo taken with, but anyway, during the interview he said right in front of everybody that he liked a smoke.

Could have meant the devil's lettuce too I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back