2017 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Many moons ago Aph, as an ex Sandgroper, I started my LD membership in 94 and this would get you into games at Subiaco, however over time as the WA memberships grew the interstate seating was swallowed up. Early in the piece you could go to the Carlton organised breakfast or lunch which included bus travel to the game and entry. As time went on Carlton lost their seating and you had to try and purchase a ticket for the game separately. When I left WA 10 years ago the long distance membership entitled you to a discounted ticket in WA if you could get one and GA admission at 3 x Victorian games if you came over. But that probably has all changed now as well.

I remember that as well BP.

Seems that seating/ground capacity for Interstate Members has become a problem especially with the WA teams allocated the majority of seats being their home games.

So unfair.

I remember that as well BP.

Seems that seating/ground capacity for Interstate Members has become a problem especially with the WA teams allocated the majority of seats being their home games.

So unfair.

Will be interesting to see if they open up the seating to interstate clubs in WA if, or when they get playing at the new stadium at Burswood?

Seem to have been silent whilst the womens team has been playing and have only launched an assault in the last 24 hours.
It's been virtually identical to last pre-season, just with a negative media slant and without the new coach hype.

Last edited:
you cant sell hope to casual supporters on a half arsed preseason. Regardless of the long term plan. Its that simple.

Aptly put, footy operations may need to be refreshed, not in tandem with the enthusiasm and demand of suppoter expectations. We're frustrated and just a little bitter and cynical too.
Last year was great restart, the new buzz is fantastic for but we need to show some improvements.

I think a better comparison would be to look at our memberhsip numbers vs 2015. As the 2016 numbers would've been a false high due to the new coach new carlton hype and excitement. That was always going to settle. Long term we can certainly get there but that sustainably high membership takes years to build.

I think a better comparison would be to look at our memberhsip numbers vs 2015. As the 2016 numbers would've been a false high due to the new coach new carlton hype and excitement. That was always going to settle. Long term we can certainly get there but that sustainably high membership takes years to build.
IIRC, the 2015 season started earlier, so that's even more of an outlier.

That aside, we've had a pretty flat membership growth curve compared to almost every other club for some time.

you cant sell hope to casual supporters on a half arsed preseason. Regardless of the long term plan. Its that simple.
If you're relying on the pre-season to sell hope & boost our membership then we have a problem.

Surely the appointment of Bolton, the return of SOS & the knowledge that the club might actually have a viable plan for future success, should be what supporters look for when making the decision to part with their hard earned. If some supporters are holding on until success becomes a fait accompli, then the club can't do much about this.

A year ago you would have been hard pressed to find a Doggies supporter walking round with a club beanie or polo shirt on, except the occasional diehard wearing a faded beanie from the Footscray days. Fast forward 12 months & barely a day goes by when I don't see someone walking around with a nice, new Bulldogs beanie or polo shirt on.

Success is what brings supporters on board (unfortunately), not the pre-season.

Im not going to take on the board over this for yet another season, so i'll leave it at this

If you're relying on the pre-season to sell hope & boost our membership then we have a problem.

If you think Im just relying on the preseason then you are sadly mistaken. I AM however using the preseason to tell you that it is just as critical as any other time of the year to sell the club to supporters, and for yet another year the club has tried to sell us hope when there isnt any substance on offer. You can talk about potential until you are blue in the face, but nothing is coming of it so far, and hasnt for so long, that people are despairing that it ever will.

Surely the appointment of Bolton, the return of SOS & the knowledge that the club might actually have a viable plan for future success, should be what supporters look for when making the decision to part with their hard earned. If some supporters are holding on until success becomes a fait accompli, then the club can't do much about this.

The club isnt doing anything about it. So Im sure that satisfies you to some extent.

A year ago you would have been hard pressed to find a Doggies supporter walking round with a club beanie or polo shirt on, except the occasional diehard wearing a faded beanie from the Footscray days. Fast forward 12 months & barely a day goes by when I don't see someone walking around with a nice, new Bulldogs beanie or polo shirt on.

We arent footscray or whatever cockamime name they've invented for themselves. We havent made anywhere near the tough calls the dogs made. Instead we have one of the worst spines in the competition on field, and probably off. We will not win a flag with Kreuzer, Casboult and Rowe in the same side.

Success is what brings supporters on board (unfortunately), not the pre-season.

Im a firm believer in it being both. The club sells itself to supporters in the preseason, and you simply cant do that year on year promising stuff you cant deliver. After a while supporters just dont buy it, and only the hard core remains.

The preseason is when the club sells most of its memberships, its the preseason that the club NEEDS to sell its memberships or it lacks an operating budget for the rest of the year. It wasnt too long ago we had to borrow money from the league because our memberships simply didnt cover it.

You cant get routinely flogged in the preseason and expect casual supporters to say you know what? thats the team im going to see this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That little ad/short film they dropped on Twitter tonight was nicely done. Very clever use of media personalities, well shot etc.

Only thing... why release it ONE day before round 1?!
I'm hoping it's because they believe tomorrow will sell the CFC on-field brand

I'm hoping it's because they believe tomorrow will sell the CFC on-field brand
Tell ya what, when it comes to membership sales my attitude would be to hook as many as you can before a ball is bounced.

I just reckon the timing of this cool little promo won't do it justice. Drop it a couple weeks ago - hell, even a couple months back - as a serious push to reach unrenewed members.

A day out? That's a real late shout.

Tell ya what, when it comes to membership sales my attitude would be to hook as many as you can before a ball is bounced.

I just reckon the timing of this cool little promo won't do it justice. Drop it a couple weeks ago - hell, even a couple months back - as a serious push to reach unrenewed members.

A day out? That's a real late shout.
Good thing they don't stop selling memberships after round 1, and though I agree that we should be doing more through the pre-season, our major marketing campaign should be gathering momentum now.

Hopefully we can reinforce it with a few wins.

I just purchased a membership, am trying to claim my 2x general admission accounts but can't because I don't know my Membership ID, i cannot find that information anywhere, have only logged in with my email before, does anyone know where to find Membership ID, website is BEYOND unhelpful
NFI FBI but I can PM a membership staff member email address if you want. He was super helpful fixing an issue for me last year.

NFI FBI but I can PM a membership staff member email address if you want. He was super helpful fixing an issue for me last year.
Yes could you please! Im taking my GF to a game in melbourne so really dont want to lose access to the 2x ga tickets and get the scarf if i dont choose my membership item quick enough

47,408 this time last year.

If we wind up below 50k, the marketing department should be allowed to drag the football department and the media department in for a meeting.

The clubs performance in so far as communication/information/connection with the supporter base over the off season was lamentable .
They may have had their reasons but whatever, it just wasn't good enough and you reap what you sow.

The clubs performance in so far as communication/information/connection with the supporter base over the off season was lamentable .
They may have had their reasons but whatever, it just wasn't good enough and you reap what you sow.
We will be lucky to get 47000 ,very sad and annoying ,we are now a middle of the road club ,the CHEATS,TIGGERS have 60000 plus ,not sure what more the club can do to increase membership ,any suggestions .Supporters we have plenty ,I have been to most grounds around Australia and watched the Blues play and we have massive support but somehow they wont be members

Not sure why everyone is worried - everything will be OK.

We'll just do what we've always done and reach out to the Pratts and other wealthy families for a top up. And when they give, we'll celebrate and beat our chests.

There's no incentive to get better when that fall-back option is always there.

Our marketing Dept fights an up hill battle, everything is usually so negative about us in the media (not fully undeserved) where as other clubs (richmond, *) have under performed massively but are regularly praised in the media for accomplishing less.

* warranted a 2 mil fine and year suspension for players but listen to the words "comeback story"

makes it very hard to sell our brand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back