scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
Basil was likely commentating under the influence as well.
When Croz had a shot at goal in the 2nd Baz said 'Dockers take plenty of shots from here after training.'
Richo asked him how often the Dockers train there and Baz says 'Well not so much under Ross Lyon but Mark Harvey used to try to get them up here.'
Don't think Croz was even on the list under Harvey:rolleyes:

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-...ist-theyve-currently-got-20170412-gvjp3n.html
I do like this article on Wet Toast, and completely agree with almost everything Brad says. The part I found interesting, was the last paragraph about some players thriving at the higher level. I reckon thats where lyon struggles a bit with selection, he simply goes by the raw numbers, and not a gut instinct. Already we've seen guys like alex pearce come in and do really well, once surrounded by more talent.

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-...ist-theyve-currently-got-20170412-gvjp3n.html
I do like this article on Wet Toast, and completely agree with almost everything Brad says. The part I found interesting, was the last paragraph about some players thriving at the higher level. I reckon thats where lyon struggles a bit with selection, he simply goes by the raw numbers, and not a gut instinct. Already we've seen guys like alex pearce come in and do really well, once surrounded by more talent.

Yeah a good article which makes some very valid points. Admittedly it is very early on in the year but I'd love it if they failed to improve on last season. They'd be stuck with an aging list which seems way too slow for the way the modern game is being played.

Oct 3, 2006
Block 345
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Glasgow Celtic, Roys FFC, NUFC,
Basil should be nowhere near a microphone. Ever.

Reckon we should launch a change.org petition to get him removed from our eardrums/tv!

Anthony Hudson was another one getting quite excited as Melbourne trotted away from us in the second quarter and then seem devastated as we fought our way back. Hack!

Proud SJW

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Read what E-Shed said somewhere on some thread about the positive influence on the team youth might have as well. That was a quality post, that I'm too bloody pissed to link right now.
The only "real" complaint I have with Lyon is that he doesn't seem to have a grasp on some of the intangibles when it comes to footy that observers can see when they aren't directly involved.

It's all about finding the balance.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Read what E-Shed said somewhere on some thread about the positive influence on the team youth might have as well. That was a quality post, that I'm too bloody pissed to link right now.
The only "real" complaint I have with Lyon is that he doesn't seem to have a grasp on some of the intangibles when it comes to footy that observers can see when they aren't directly involved.

It's all about finding the balance.

I think it's that Lyon chooses not to concern himself with that that can't be measured or quantified & I reckon that's his blind spot. We all have them (blind spots )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Peabody

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree with he above sentiments and to the upside, RTB is demonstrating that he can connect with the younger group I believe. Two weeks in a row that we have reacted noticeably in a positive manner after he has had an opportunity to reset and rally the troops. Very stark and apparent after half time this past week. Of course, he'd be questioning what happened after three quarter time where they piled on 2 goals as he put it, 'before he even had a chance to warm the seat', but they did galvanise and grind out these wins which is again a great sign.

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/8b0bd648fded90a94781aea87bfd6e6f

AFL has okay'd the Kersten deliberate oob call. Such a poor call :( 60-70 long bomb from within the centre square to a vacant goal square

Doesn't matter if the intention was for it to trickle out of bounds, even a point - either way both teams would have to go back down to the freo attacking end and re-set, waste time etc.

Obviously a goal would have been awesome, but when you kick that long and it bounces for about 20-25 metres - anything is possible. Deliberate out of bounds was ridiculous though

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Good on Robbo and Richardson for standing up against a terrible call that could have cost us the game, and for challenging the AFL arse-covering brigade.
I've had a fair old rant about it already on the review thread but not a good look coming from the umpire who also gave the 120m penalty.
Them and Jordan Lewis and Jack Reiwoldt all unanimous that he was trying to score. Umpires are a joke.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
he was the most vocal of the lot, he hated the decision
The press are turning to purple, but they are too scared to commit and be made fools of if we lose the next 4. Ross is too clever for them. Whateley had no choice really, in the spirit of the game. Fgs. It ruined my good times.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gees. You know we've been wronged when Whateley defends us.
One of the mealiest mouthed and obsequious of the lot of them. It's hard to make a choice between them. That weakness or the fat drunk. At least they don't think the louder you say it, the funnier it is like those blokes on that other show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back