Review Freo defeat Dees by 2 pts

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Not a bad stop gap between Sandilands and Darcy.

I was actually thinking that during the game. Unfortunately Griffin is cooked and won't be able to repeat his 2013 efforts and Clarke/Apeness remain in the mysterious injury basket. I think we should definitely be getting in this blokes ear however I reckon his stocks will rise quite significantly as the #1 ruckman this year so we won't get him as cheap as he'd be right now.

youmewe

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you read between the lines that's what I'm doing. No umpire should be forced into a position where they have to guess what a player is thinking to decide whether or not to pay a free. In any sport.

It doesn't just give us the shits, it would make most fans grumpy as the outcome is so variable and get's the "bloody umps" sorta comments. Maybe we need a change.org petition to the AwFuL basically quoting Masai to them directly as a litmus test for rule changes. Bags not organising, I can't organise a sausage at a barbeque.

Golden rule of umpiring ( any sport ), adjudicate what you SEE, not what you THINK !!!!!.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
He was drafted in 2007, spent 2008 with the dragons, debut in 2009.

He signed a one year extension last season to carry him to the end of 2017, I would expect him to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season if you were interested in taking him. But he does average about 4 games a season.

The Demons will want to keep him as backup, but jeepers, that was a damned good effort for a 2nd fiddle ruckman. Hell, I'd be happy with him as a forward/ruck given his 2 goals and indomnitable presence up forward, but I suppose 1 swallow doesn't make a summer and I've only seen him in that 1 game.

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
The Demons will want to keep him as backup, but jeepers, that was a damned good effort for a 2nd fiddle ruckman. Hell, I'd be happy with him as a forward/ruck given his 2 goals and indomnitable presence up forward, but I suppose 1 swallow doesn't make a summer and I've only seen him in that 1 game.

The Melbourne board all rate him highly. A few times last year they wanted him to get games purely because of his potential. I reckon he'll do pretty well as a first string forward when the big guy is injured ala Clarke/Griffin in 2013.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
What a great choice our players made for captain this year. Love the Fyfe and also how well Dave is playing without the pressure of Captaincy.
FB_IMG_1492569498072.jpg

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
What a great choice our players made for captain this year. Love the Fyfe and also how well Dave is playing without the pressure of Captaincy.
Yeah 100% correct and is a real testimony to the character of both those players. It has given Fyfe a wonderful on-field role model/mentor in self-less teamwork and leadership if he ever needed one. It is early days but seems like the perfect transition.

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals
you may well be right but how well did that work out for him...

Take your point but oddly enough the commentators were somewhat bemused and drew negative inferences. We lost 140 meters but his actions were highlighted. Too much of that would tend to make them much less liable to repeat that performance.

My 2c anyway

edit: I'll add to that, the inconsistent HTB decisions drew a l;ot of comment as did the stupid deliberate decision against Kersten in the final minutes. The umpiring in this game drew a lot of post game negative comments and you can be sure the AFL is getting in their ear about it. They do not like any negative commentary

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
So I've now re-watched our 8 goal to zip patch in that game for the fifth time. Not getting old.

We play ripper in extended patches and that's got us the wins. Still drop away and can't stop the opposition gaining momentum extremely well when they get a run on but there's a lot to like. If they can keep it up and progress, we are definitely on a good path.

Sorry to upset anyone and sound negative. The last thing I want is enemies.

I want more enemies ...those who agree with me I cast you aside ...your visual weakness hurts my eyes.

In the spirit of Bushie .....bring it.

Back