No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now whats the bet the rumours of him partying hard in rehab are true?

Smashing the D floor ain't going to help the calf recovery.

It's all very unfortunate and made worse by being played out in public eye due to his sportsman status. The average citizen would most likely get away with this provided the charges aren't too bad and not lose their job or face public scrutiny.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter which player it is - this kind of s**t is unacceptable in view of the footy club. I'm not saying sack him because that would be over the top but I can appreciate it puts the club in a difficult position especially when the league breathes down its neck over player conduct.

IF he is playing up whilst in rehab then it is a genuine shame and not good enough.

Last edited:
Actually I am going to have a melt - and it's not from yesterday's game.

We had a ******* terrible year last year - and the same team put the same s**t effort in for the first two games this year.

At the same time the kids worked their butts off in the WAFL - winning a bloody flag! And every time one of them gets dropped to the WAFL you hear about what a ridiculously good game they have e.g. Tucker last week.

So how entitled must the senior guys that got dropped last week be feeling when they're putting in the shithouse performances we've seen the last couple of weeks after putting in those same shithouse performances for over a year! They should be training and playing the ******* house down. If only they had the heart and the drive of our younger kids.

I think they are trying hard. Problem is they are just too slow for the modern game.

Now that Ross has changed his tune and we don't have to sack him the club has probably used that money to pay off Virgin so they stay quiet about the incident.

Private eye investigators to get the footage from other passengers mobile phones too. I guess we'll see a price hike in membership fees next year ;)

Private eye investigators to get the footage from other passengers mobile phones too. I guess we'll see a price hike in membership fees next year ;)

Don't say that :(

That would make me melt harder than anything possible!

As I said to a mate yesterday - the kids playing at Peel won a premiership in 2016. The same old-same old players in the firsts delivered us a 4 win season. The kids playing at Peel won the first few games of 2017. The same old-same old delivered us a s**t-truck start to the season. Swap them over - play the kids in Freo and *BOOM* two gutsy wins against more fancied opponents. The same old-same old go back to Peel and look at them slide. Funny that.
Still wonder why it took this long though?

Still wonder why it took this long though?
Exactly. Every man and his doggo could see our back half was in strife with all the floggotry, so why does it take the entire pre season plus a couple of weeks into the season for the penny to drop with Ross?

Even then, it's taken a mysterious 'robust discussion' with the leadership group for action to be taken. What I don't understand is, how does it even come to that? If you're at the point where the players have to do the cobbling for the cobbler, then you've got a pretty significant problem.

One of the things about Ross is he gives off the vibe that he's very, very sure about what he does and how he goes about it. The flipside to that trait is it's hard to be critically reflective when you're so certain that what you're doing is optimal. That's a problem, because it reduces your ability to learn and be ahead of the curve, and if you're not ahead of the pack as a coach then you're not doing your job.

Hard to melt after two great wins, but I have one small gripe.

Reading the game day thread, it seems every time we start to lose momentum or make a few mistakes, we have people posting stuff like "Ross has reverted back to the old game plan again".

I honestly don't think he ever sends the runners out to the boys and says "OK, let's just stop running and start turning the ball over for old times' sake"!

There will be times when an opposition team gets a run on and we need to swing an extra defender in, if we didn't that would be seen as poor game day coaching, but we don't "switch game plans" on a quarter by quarter basis.

I don't believe Ross (and his team) are some geniuses who have everything planned down 6 moves ahead, but the development of our young players has been great - whether at Peel or in the AFL - and there is a definite switch in our game style from a more dour defense based game to a faster more attacking game which pretty much everyone has been calling for. Let's just back them in for now and see where it leads.
And taking this point further, do people actually think we are still playing the 'old style'? I think the game style in the Geelong, WB and Melb games (Port game - I have no idea what that was) are very similar to the way we played and started 2015. It's just now we look better because we have better players with skills who can execute.

I think Ross has moved away from that dour-arm-wrestle style that all opposition fans hang their hat on when it comes to discussing Ross. Probably haven't seen that style since '14.

I don't think it's so much about changing the game plan when we have momentum swings during a game, but more about playing safe/shutting it down, although you could argue it's the same thing.

For me that is a cardinal sin in every single instance of competitiveness from football to pulling a bird, to having a scrap on the street. As soon as you go into your shell (as with momentum shifts) you are finished. It's just how life has evolved on our planet, and we're still just animals IMO.

Unfortunately, playing safe/shutting it down when you've got a lead appears to be Ross's natural instinct.

Unfortunately, playing safe/shutting it down when you've got a lead appears to be Ross's natural instinct.

I don't think we just played safe/shut it down in q4 though. I think it's more that Melbourne had more gas left in the tank, no Shill and Walters sore/injured and we lost some of our main attacking power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex Pearce out for the year :mad:

putersmash.gif

I know someone who suffered a very bad leg fracture which became infected and required multiple follow up operations.
He's been on a Disability Pension for the past 35 years as a result.

Then again he did play soccer, so maybe it was for the best.:oops:

Where the **** are people getting this info from? It keeps being said, but nobody's posted any evidence of it?
Alex Pearce injury thread mate.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/alex-pearce-broken-leg.1133399/

Sorry guys, hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm afraid I've stumbled across a very disheartening update re AP.

Sitting in the airport lounge in Melbourne on our way back to Perth after watching the boys epic win on Saturday, casually flicking through the Age, and spotted this...

359047_1c60458de61816681ff56b5c69d6700b.jpg

:'(

This is my number one gripe with the club these days. We are constantly getting our important club news from Vic based footy media and even occasionally Hackdorn manages to pin the tail on the donkey.

The club seem to think they can manage their own inside info and release or comment when they see fit, yet time and time again they get scooped on news they clearly want to keep from us members and fans.

Something like Bennell, well they can avoid that for perhaps a matter of hours, in some cases days. I would expect with someone on the LTI list they will ignore this being out there for a month before making comment and informing the supporter base.

Not sure what tactical advantage we receive from trying to hide bad news about a player who's not even anywhere near getting out on the park.

We are being treated like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed s**t) by Morfesse and Co. :thumbsdown:

:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back