Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if serious?

You know there's serious animosity between the two of them?

Mainly over what Whateley said when Ross left the Saints to come here IIRC. For as much s**t as we give him, Gerard has for the most part been pretty fair and accurate in his assessment of us. The only time he has been a massive campaigner was in the lead up to the final in Geelong.

Just an umpire thought experiment... if it had been Buddy pinging for goals, would it have been deliberate? Doubtful.

Doubt it, Buddy gets crucified by the umpires week in week out, and he probably would have kicked a score from there.
He's pretty good.

Doubt it, Buddy gets crucified by the umpires week in week out, and he probably would have kicked a score from there.
He's pretty good.
Yeah, he's the best. But the thought experiment was if he MISSED, as Kersten did. Do the umpires make the same call, because they have 250 games worth of knowledge on the bloke that he can kick it from there sometimes? I would imagine Buddy gets the benefit of the doubt (as he did with the 'arc') cos he can kick them from there. But a no name player doesn't get the opportunity to attempt to kick the goal, or set up the goal, because he's not a super star. Just don't reckon the game should be umpired that way. But it is and always has been, so moving on.

6PR this morning I only heard a part of it that the Hawks were all but announcing that Rosich is their new CEO or something similar? You guys heard anything else? I couldn't see another thread on it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was their segment with haggers (grain of salt and all that). But he said roughly "that with in the halls of the hawks employees are talking about Rosich becoming their CEO" he then went on to explain the two that were in the running were Rosich and an unnamed lady" (a girl has no name ;)).

Surprised there isn't a thread on your or the hawks board. I couldn't see anything on the 6pr facebook page, but it was definatly disucssed.

He explained that the board were not entirely happy with the tracking of the team from the start of the year, and that Rosich had a part in the way Freo recruited, and started the start of the year. This is my take on what was said, not word for word.

I did hear crumpet face mention that afte our first two games Rosich and the board summoned Ross and told him the results werent good enough, and considering he was given a contract extension for the rebuild why wasnt he playing the yoof, Crumpet Face must have friends in high places lol.

pretty sure there has been mention of a noncompete clause in the contracts of our CEOs. Pretty much impossible for them to work anywhere else in footy without a significant break in between.

I don't get why we would let him leave?

He is locked into a contract until the end of 2019, and it has a clause that he can not work at another club during that period.
If he's on good enough term's with the board and everyone is happy for a move to take place, there's no reason why both parties can't break the contract.

Didn't the chairman recently change? Allcock may not Rosich? And be driving the board to let him leave?

Other than the old wanting to live in Melbourne thing, I couldn't see why he would want to move.

Didn't the chairman recently change? Allcock may not Rosich? And be driving the board to let him leave?

Other than the old wanting to live in Melbourne thing, I couldn't see why he would want to move.
Could be a career move. He may be eventually eyeing off the topgig at AFL house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back