Status
Not open for further replies.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
North by 12 points. Mason wood is coming in, i think we'll be exposed down back due to lack of height and strength. Hope im wrong obviously.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Tucker, tab ,d.pearce and suban anyone coming in ?

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting line up Tuck in and lic out .
Balic has a hip complaint. I'm not sure he would've been dropped if he wasn't injured.

Tucker needs to cement his spot now. He earned his way back now hopefully he stays and makes it his own.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Balic has a hip complaint. I'm not sure he would've been dropped if he wasn't injured.

Tucker needs to cement his spot now. He earned his way back now hopefully he stays and makes it his own.

Wonder how serious Balic's hip is? He could be just a little sore. If any of the young guys are sore, rest them and let them recover. Don't want to break our young guys.

I think all the young guys will get a weeks rest occasionally. Let one of the other newbies try to hold a spot.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool

Different type of player one know how to kick and the other know how to get but both very decent young footballer.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Ed Vickers-Willis in for North. I reckon there was a bloke with the same surname who played in the WAFL for Claremont, but I can't recall which era. 80's?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
TEAM_ROUND_5.jpg

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
North look like they might have one tall too many down back, we may see one of Hansen/Tarrant swung forward for stints during the game which could trouble us.

Logue will come in from interchange 193 is good match up .

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Logue will come in from interchange 193 is good match up .

I don't think he has a chance against either 1-on-1 but fortunately that type of isolated contest is pretty rare in the modern game. Ibbo and Hughesy will have to be on point along with our mids to force high forward entries. Centre clearances will really hurt us but luckily I think we'll dominate that area of the ground

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can't believe it,but our front six could worry norf's back six once the ball hits the deck imo.

I hope it doesn't rain but the chance of a storm or thunderstorm is looking more likely in and around Perth from the late afternoon on Saturday.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
North look like they might have one tall too many down back, we may see one of Hansen/Tarrant swung forward for stints during the game which could trouble us.

One thing is for sure though, Hansen/Weller is unlikely to be a real matchup lol.
I'm sure we'll rotate our defenders around a bit like last week but thinking something like:

Johnson - Brown
Hamling - Wood
Spurr - Thomas
Weller - Simpkin
Sheridan - Turner
Hughes - Macmillan
Ibbo - Hansen/Tarrant (if they shift forward)

And that's without Logue in the mix down back. I think we match up quite well.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
I think their forwards beat our backs; our midfield beats theirs, and our forwards break even with their backs. Going to be interesting - our mids have to work hard to make sure they keep the ball going our way if we want to win this.

drEDD88

Rookie
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm actually more worried about this than the demons. North are 0 - 4 but they lost to WCE, Geelong, GWS and the Doggies. All are strong sides.

I tipped our boys for dreams, I think it's going to be a nail biter.

Dockers by 5

Freo Blood

All Australian
Sep 21, 2006
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
We should cover them easily in the midfield and that is where it is won and lost. Freo has too much pace and skill across the ground for them, I would be disappointed if we lost doubly so cos we are at home on the big ground. Ziebell, Higgins, Swallow, Cunnington, Taylor Garner (?wing)..... too slow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back