List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, Langdons pace and willingness to chase and tackle is really helping the game plan ATM and he would be a big loss given he is still developing. Collingwood - with the exception of Mayne which was just FA compensation have historically screwed us over as well - Clement, Tarrant. Medhurst was mostly our stupidity. We need the young non WA players like Langdon, Balic, Tucker, Crozier, Weller to form a pact to take the club towards the next tilt like one between Pavlich, Longmuir, Haselby and Brown formed the original basis for turning the club into a competitive force and finals.

What pact did Dawson & Suban sign? Make sure we don't mix up the paperwork.

On the scrap heap where he belongs. Knobbly kneed, could of been great, teasing us for years ******.

It leaves him as back up, who is looking very much like he is going to be overtaken by young Darcy.

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
2018 he'll be back-up signing for some hipster band at Groove in the Moo or similar. Very much doubt we continue carrying him. He's done.

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Balic could easily walk and end up at a Melbourne club. Same with others. Hopefully the opportunity given, bond developed and hope for the future they build over this season is enough to keep the majority of them in purple and pushing for glory.

May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
we've been good at keeping the players we want, (and the ones we don't) for a while now. Add the fact Ross has said he's quite close to Harley and he's come into the side after really a handful of WAFL games after a potentially career ending injury, then i'd say im pretty confident in signing him.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Straight swap for Zac. I'd do that, but Carlton won't. They'll be thinking the can get Balic for a 2nd.
No deal then , I don't think freo will let him go cheap, I will do a deal only balic want to go and 2nd round plus Zac fisher. Draft pick need time to develop their body , balic is ready to go .

MadDocker

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
No deal then , I don't think freo will let him go cheap, I will do a deal only balic want to go and 2nd round plus Zac fisher. Draft pick need time to develop their body , balic is ready to go .

And is out of contract. We only have a Zac Clarke wobbly leg to stand on in the negotiations.

If he wants to go, he's gone for less than he's worth and someone is getting a bargain.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Am I in some weird alternate reality where a 2nd year player dictates a trade to another club? He's not a free agent. We have invested a year in getting his wrist right. I think there is zero chance we'd consider trading him this early in his development but if for some strange reason he really wanted to go, and we entertained that idea then we'd be looking for something significant in return. But almost certainly, like Tucker, he'll have his contract extended later in the season. With Fyfe's contract still to be worked out and potentially quite a few delistings again I suspect we might delay a few contract discussions for the moment. ATM we have 25 players out of contract at the end of this year - by delisting some long term servants we'll free up a heap of TPP that can be used to shore up the youngster's contracts. I am incredibly confident we'll retain everyone we want to this year.

Dirty_banchez

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
A player can nominate a club and get there. That is the current status quo of the AFL. It could be even worse, we could be like the NRL where players try and leave mid-season.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
If they say they only want to go to Vic, we lose leverage because I can see Carlton, Essendon and Hawthorn finishing near the bottom. If they nominate a club we get the leverage back with the threat of PSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back