Preview Round 5: Port Adelaide vs Carlton, Adelaide Oval, 21/04/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Im absolutely loving having Robbie play forward. Hes a gun in there and an absolute freak around goals.

They fact that we have the luxury of playing him there this year is a huge tick to our recruitment in the off season.

I don't think we do it as a luxury, more a necessity.

Im absolutely loving having Robbie play forward. Hes a gun in there and an absolute freak around goals.

They fact that we have the luxury of playing him there this year is a huge tick to our recruitment in the off season.
The only problem is that against the best sides, the defence can get on top quickly and in these games we are seeing Robbie vanish, especially if our opponent is winning the midfield battle. So for mine we really need to be balancing out his fwd/mid time a LOT better.

Last year Robbie played too many midfield minutes @ 90/10, this year he is playing too much fwd at probably 70/30. It should be far more 50/50.

Same goes for Wingard. The balance we are using is wrong.

So where is the cheap booze b4 the game?

In before channel 7 report 'more shame for Port as supporters scourge the Internet forums looking for cheap alcohol to abundantly consume prior to attending Adelaide Oval to watch football, be racist, wear nazi s**t, fight, sell stuff to China, be poor, ect'

Your round 5 maggots
c3212484cd5c0c565e6ad5275fb33b1f.jpg

With Kreuzer out for Carlton our odds have dropped to $1.07. I liked us at the previous line of 32.5 but it's out to 44.5 now. I think it'll still be pretty greasy out there so I'm not so confident of the new line. Should've backed us yesterday.

we have a side that can win it all but the key element is we as a side are not ruthless enough at them moment and a lot of that blame goes in to coaching to have these guy totally focused on footy. That the biggest issue i see when you as a player are committed and have belief in the system those other skills full in line and our boys seem like "oh when we feel like it" something like other teams do so well we really have to start asking the questions are what we have in the coaches box and more so is the PAFC board hungry enough for success on field instead of worrying about overseas money
Don't want to be a grammar nazi (and the spell check and big fingers drive me crazy ) but your post is hard to read

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bash brothers will sort the sniper out.
Seriously? Still with the Gibbs thing? Damn you guys can hold a grudge.

The only problem is that against the best sides, the defence can get on top quickly and in these games we are seeing Robbie vanish, especially if our opponent is winning the midfield battle. So for mine we really need to be balancing out his fwd/mid time a LOT better.

Last year Robbie played too many midfield minutes @ 90/10, this year he is playing too much fwd at probably 70/30. It should be far more 50/50.

Same goes for Wingard. The balance we are using is wrong.
I reckon those two will kick a decent bag between them. I like our defence and the young guys in it, but I don't think they have the agility to go with Gray and Wingard, and they certainly don't have the experience. Docherty might be able to keep one relatively quiet but we play a floating defence for the most part and if your strong midfield gets the ball forward often and quickly, we'll get hammered by your small forwards.

Seriously? Still with the Gibbs thing? Damn you guys can hold a grudge.
Gibbs... pfft

I have living relatives still smouldering with fury over the umpiring performance that cost us the 1934 grand final to the bays.

And don't get me started on Scott Salisbury's cowardly assault on Greg Anderson in the 1986 finals.

Gibbs... pfft

I have living relatives still smouldering with fury over the umpiring performance that cost us the 1934 grand final to the bays.

And don't get me started on Scott Salisbury's cowardly assault on Greg Anderson in the 1986 finals.
Well said Pal

A lot of very confident people here. Think the last 2 years and our inability to win these games. Me personally, I'm nervous as hell.

If we get the same umpiring as we did last 2 times we played Carlton, I think you should lock the gates at the AOL after the game and give them a beating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back