The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I grew up in Denver St!!.....but went to Brighton Tech.

Originally from up in the Mallee, parents moved around back and forth between Geelong/Melbourne and country. I took my own family back up there when they were little.

I'm from a Cats family.

Last edited:
We were in a little street called 'The Highway' (which was a touch confusing for young minds when they were teaching us about streets and roads and highways at school) which was off Centre Road.

We left Victoria during the summer break after I finished grade 5 (and my brother grade 7 ie first year of high school) and moved to the Gold Coast were he went into 9 (second year of high school) and I went into grade 7.

Which began my long dark night of rugby league and basketball supporting (the VFL not being a big thing there at the time)

Was that just past the shops near Elizabeth St?

*looks up the map since he hasn't been there since he was a geographically challenged 11 yr old ...*

The Highway was about half way between were Jasper Rd and Tucker Rd ... Elizabeth St is off Tucker Rd and about a 1k walk from the old house.

:D I looked it up too. It is a bit further down than I was thinking it was, but for some reason the street name rings a bell. I had friends up around the shops/ Elizabeth St area

We left East Bentleigh when I was 15, so my memory was a bit groggy as well

:D I looked it up too. It is a bit further down than I was thinking it was, but for some reason the street name rings a bell. I had friends up around the shops/ Elizabeth St area

We left East Bentleigh when I was 15, so my memory was a bit groggy as well

My home area....I'm off Mackie Rd... I often have a bit of a stroll down to the East Bentleigh Shopping strip...Just the other day Luke Beveridge was buyin' Indian take away for tea from Vandana's..... almost on the corner of Browns Rd which intersects with Elizabeth...

It's a small world! I was there when that corner building (opp the Boundary Hotel) was a post office and the building behind it was a police station. Both are something else now.

The shops opp. the post office had a supermarket, milk bar right on the corner (all these on intersection centre rd/east boundary rd) and around into boundary rd was a hamburger shop....can't remember what the others were in that little block on that side.

Our house was a little tiny weatherboard very ordinary house, and funnily enough I was looking the other day, and see it sold recently for just over a million:eek: It had a huge backyard, but people must've done some work on it over the years, although it still looks much the same from the street.

I love that area, from there right down to Mentone.....always feels like home. Don't live anywhere near it now though.

My home area....I'm off Mackie Rd... I often have a bit of a stroll down to the East Bentleigh Shopping strip...Just the other day Luke Beveridge was buyin' Indian take away for tea from Vandana's..... almost on the corner of Browns Rd which intersects with Elizabeth...
I know Luke's brother pretty well and the Beveridge family is from the Bentleigh area with both boys having played for St Peters as youths.

It's a small world! I was there when that corner building (opp the Boundary Hotel) was a post office and the building behind it was a police station. Both are something else now.

The shops opp. the post office had a supermarket, milk bar right on the corner (all these on intersection centre rd/east boundary rd) and around into boundary rd was a hamburger shop....can't remember what the others were in that little block on that side.

Our house was a little tiny weatherboard very ordinary house, and funnily enough I was looking the other day, and see it sold recently for just over a million:eek: It had a huge backyard, but people must've done some work on it over the years, although it still looks much the same from the street.

I love that area, from there right down to Mentone.....always feels like home. Don't live anywhere near it now though.

Yep, same, I've lived here for almost 3 decades...that corner was a post office then Nados HQ the Police station became a Morgue & Chapel sign of the times then..Opposite side a denture clinic ..Now both corners are being developed for 4 storey apartments...81 in all on each development.... That million $'s is the going rate....if it hasn't got an extension it is pull down for dual occupancy.. saw inside an old 2 bedroom weatherboard and it was like the set of "I dream of Jeannie" now they are talking demolition and 6 apartments being erected on that block...Council going on a money making venture...

I know Luke's brother pretty well and the Beveridge family is from the Bentleigh area with both boys having played for St Peters as youths.

Yep...St. Peters have produced some great talent...Bobby Skiltons son, Darren, played there....

Really? wow! Things certainly change.

I was down in Mentone yesterday, and that has apartments going up on top of shops and all over the place..it's a schermozzle of a place now to drive around.

Yep, hate it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Jonathan Brown moved to Melbourne for his media gigs, or does he commute, or spend lots of time in both towns, or do the radio show from home? Just curious

Remove this Banner Ad

Back