Autopsy R5. Gold Coast vs Adelaide, Metricon April 22 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I want sides to push us and find out any weaknesses we have early in the year so we've got time to correct them.
Ohhhh, oh oh... and here's me thinking you were being patronizing!
Well I hope you guys can push us too!
By the way we didn't drop any big guys, they are injured..
Thanks for your input and hope you have a cracking afternoon watching the big game down there under your blanket..

Ohhhh, oh oh... and here's me thinking you were being patronizing!
Well I hope you guys can push us too!
By the way we didn't drop any big guys, they are injured..
Thanks for your input and hope you have a cracking afternoon watching the big game down there under your blanket..

Nah I only patronize port supporters, they deserve it.

I understand they're injured but you've clearly going small is your best option still. Seems multiple sides have tried this tactic vs the Crows so it's obvious the coaches have seen something the rest of us haven't. Will be interested to see if eade can make it work

Fox Sports burning question for the Suns is What sort of performance can they manage against a high-level opponent

"The Suns have won two straight games, but neither Hawthorn nor Carlton look like much of a finals threat in 2017. The first goal was getting out of the hole they looked to be in as a club following Round 2’s demolition at the hands of GWS; they achieved that one. But the Crows have averaged over 128 points per game this season and Gold Coast won’t want to be another victim of the Adelaide steamroller."
I don't think this is entirely wrong. It was good to beat Hawthorn finally and Carlton away from home but the big test will be Adelaide, North Melbourne and Geelong over the next three weeks. We could anywhere from 3 to 0 of those.

We're a team full of confidence with nothing to lose. The media doesn't give us a hope and we always seem to play better being the underdogs. I think we are a real chance.
Same here. Adelaide have only played the one game away from SA and that was against the Hawks who are putrid this year. Hawks in front af half time too. GC at the line not a bad bet this week.

According to Fox Sports, the Suns are still a bottom four team, "Against Essendon, the Blues looked like a clever, well-coached side that was good enough to defeat a finals contender. Against Gold Coast, they just looked like a bottom four team that couldn’t beat another bottom four team."
All depends on the perspective of the viewer

I was impressed by Carlton and thought they are looking good. I didn't get to see Essendon v Carlton but I bet Carlton played just as well in both games lmao

Same here. Adelaide have only played the one game away from SA and that was against the Hawks who are putrid this year. Hawks in front af half time too. GC at the line not a bad bet this week.

Can only beat who you play and where you play them.

We've both played the Giants and Hawks in 2017. You guys defeated the Hawks by 86pts on your home turf. We defeated them by 24 on their home turf - whilst they still thought they had a chance to get their poo (and wee) in a pile. You guys got thumped by 102pts by the Giants on their home turf. We thumped them by 58pts on our home turf. What does this tell us? Not much.

Good luck and may the best team win - without any dodgy umpiring decisions.

Many observers have commented that they were surprised by Gold Coast's speed through the middle this year but don't forget the Crows also have speed through the middle with players like Charlie Cameron, Rory Atkins, Wayne Milera and Curtly Hampton. That's difficult to stop and I haven't even mentioned Rory Sloane or Eddie Betts yet.

How do you stop them when your biggest offensive weapon is equal or lesser than your opponent's?

Many observers have commented that they were surprised by Gold Coast's speed through the middle this year but don't forget the Crows also have speed through the middle with players like Charlie Cameron, Rory Atkins, Wayne Milera and Curtly Hampton. That's difficult to stop and I haven't even mentioned Rory Sloane or Eddie Betts yet.

How do you stop them when your biggest offensive weapon is equal or lesser than your opponent's?
Our Tom Lynch is better.

Seriously though SA teams can be fragile away, Same as WA teams. Historically we have been reasonably competitive against top teams at home. I think our depth through the midfield will hold us in good stead barring any injuries early in the game. I actually don't think pace is our strength, but it's our stoppage and midfield work, the pace is a byproduct of us winning the clearances more often than the opposition.
Don't underestimate our strength of a healthy midfield. Number 1 clearance team so they say :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously though SA teams can be fragile away

Fragile? Yeah nah.
Our Away win-loss record in the last 3 seasons is exactly 16 wins - 16 losses, including finals thrashings at the hands of the premiership hawks.
Whereas your Away win-loss record is 10 wins - 23 losses.
We have won 5 of our last 7 at the MCG and won 9 in a row at Metricon @ 100%. (Which leaves me to ask - why do you never play at AO?
We are most definitely not scared of playing there. Our winning record there is better than Adelaide Oval.

A bit of rain around but still in shorts and t-shirt.

Forecast: Saturday: Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, becoming less likely this afternoon. Winds S 15 to 20 km/h tending SE 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low to mid 20s.

Perhaps a slippery ball, not a lot of wind assistance.

We are probably about a 6 goal better team at home, Adelaide are about 6 goals better than us on For and Against at the moment. Hoping we can sneak a win but not confident with Maysie out, especially considering they usually beat us by about 8 goals. If Adelaide's midfield has an off day, that will be our best chance.

Geez these Adelaide posters are up and about this week... If we can win this week, its going to be interesting how many of them will come on our board an enlighten us on how many of their guys are in All Australian form, and what great stats they are producing...
You guys are top, we get it! Go w@nk of on your own board..
Oh and best of luck this week, i hope we can push you and help you get ready for your premiership tilt..

Geez these Adelaide posters are up and about this week... If we can win this week, its going to be interesting how many of them will come on our board an enlighten us on how many of their guys are in All Australian form, and what great stats they are producing...
You guys are top, we get it! Go w@nk of on your own board..
Oh and best of luck this week, i hope we can push you and help you get ready for your premiership tilt..
There's not much else to do in Adelaide remember.

A bit of rain around but still in shorts and t-shirt.

Forecast: Saturday: Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, becoming less likely this afternoon. Winds S 15 to 20 km/h tending SE 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low to mid 20s.

Perhaps a slippery ball, not a lot of wind assistance.

Thanks for this info, this is why I came here lol.

I saw that there was some rain forecast. If it's wet I might have a flutter on the Suns. I think the slippery conditions would suit them more and nullify Adelaide's forwards overhead marking.

Thanks for this info, this is why I came here lol.

I saw that there was some rain forecast. If it's wet I might have a flutter on the Suns. I think the slippery conditions would suit them more and nullify Adelaide's forwards overhead marking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back