Status
Not open for further replies.

Freo Blood

All Australian
Sep 21, 2006
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
Harley Balic didnt appear out on the track at all on Tuesday and today he was in the gym forecourt area for most of the main session with the rehab guys. He came out onto the track with the rehab guys once the main session had finished and didn't seem troubled in is movement in the initial stretching session so I don't think he has a major injury.
Can any of the training watchers give us an update on Hilly (the original). Proppy and strapped up for the end of the game, has he been TTHD, rehab group, walking or unsighted???

Cheers

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am glad that ross has chosen tucker to replace balic. It would have been a backwards move by going back to d pearce or Sutcliffe at this stage.

And hopefully darcy improves on the things which got him sent back to peel a couple weeks back. He looked good at the back end of last year. And being in a team with more confidence then 3 weeks ago should help.

ShiNoBi

Team Captain
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hope both of teams have exciting game without any injury.

but my prediction is Freo wins by 40+.
I reckon north young players don't know how to manage to play in DS with their stamina. blow up on last quarter.

have fan anyway.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am glad that ross has chosen tucker to replace balic. It would have been a backwards move by going back to d pearce or Sutcliffe at this stage.

And hopefully darcy improves on the things which got him sent back to peel a couple weeks back. He looked good at the back end of last year. And being in a team with more confidence then 3 weeks ago should help.

I think that despite not being named emergency he was actually closer to being picked in the best 22 (outside of a surprise late withdrawal) than D.Pearce. For his development though it's better for him to play for Peel than watch Freo from the stands. If we'd had a home game where Peel played after Freo I think the emergency would've been different. I'd prefer the gameday emergency in most scenarios to be one of our older guys tbh as I'd rather have our youngsters outside the best 22 playing for Peel than not at all.

george2

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Balic out is a bummer. Looked to of had a bit more confidence last week. Balic for tucker hasn't effected the structure of the team this week so it's still the solid one that has been the goods the last two weeks. Still not sold on mj in the ruck as sandi back up .Anyone else can think of a better solution with the current 22 that could take mjs spot?
I think this goes both ways as North don't have a stand out second option either now that Preuss is not playing. There best option would probably be Ben Brown and even that is a bit of a risk with his injury record.

As long as Nathan Thompson (Edit- Scott Thompson) stays out of there I'll be happy. He is a human wrecking ball that willfully and knowingly creates as much havoc as he can by falling into/onto opposition players and has done for a while.

One of those hard men in defense you wouldn't expect to leave a note if he dinged your car.

Last edited:

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
As long as Nathan Thompson stays out of there I'll be happy. He is a human wrecking ball that willfully and knowingly creates as much havoc as he can by falling into/onto opposition players and has done for a while.

One of those hard men in defense you wouldn't expect to leave a note if he dinged your car.
You talking about Scott Thompson?

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
As long as Nathan Thompson (Edit- Scott Thompson) stays out of there I'll be happy. He is a human wrecking ball that willfully and knowingly creates as much havoc as he can by falling into/onto opposition players and has done for a while.

At 193cm, with no leap to speak of, and 3 career hitouts i'd be very surprised if he rucked.

Total spud now too. They should just bite the bullet and drop him for Durdin permanently.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest

This is a job for Kersten / Mccarthy, both have sharpened their knees.

Proud SJW

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Scott Thompson's actually one of a very few players I actively dislike. Watching him sometimes you just get the impression he really likes to hurt people, rather than causing hurt as a by-product of the game. I'm surprised he hasn't caused more damage than he has, over the years.
Not my cup of tea really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back