Strangest player in the league (past/present)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
I misread the thread title about strongest player in the league earlier, and that got me thinking, who is the strangest player in the league?

I remember reading here once that Ben Brown was a bit of a weirdo that only wanted to hang out with the coaches when travelling interstate. Throw in his sideshow Bob hair and you've got a veritable oddball.

Title should read 'After Mark Jackson- Who is the Strangest Player?'

Or Perhaps '3rd Strangest Player (Jackson & Acker aside)?'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still remember this post from years ago about Adam Heuskes:

I know this guy personally and i know for a fact thier can be know one more strange in AFL than Adam.
great guy but jesus he beats to a different drum. so differnet that nobody has ever seen a drum that he beats.

at the moment he is in Las Vegas working at a Golf course training Alpacas to act as caddys and carry the sticks around the course. Its was his idea and now there is a three day wait to get around of golf at this course.
says anough about adam really

Apparently Mark Coughlan was a very weird unit. Nathan Brown wrote about him once:

"In my 13 years of playing football, he is the rarest individual I have ever met. He is very popular among the playing group and conducts his life like no other person I know. He turned up at the club the other day with one shoe on — he couldn't find the other one. Mark doesn't talk much and could quite easily go a week without saying a word, is ridiculously intelligent in a Stephen Hawking way, and somewhat aloof."

On field, Luke Shuey is the biggest twitcher I've ever seen, flicks his head around the shop like he's Leo in what's eating Gilbert Grape. Never notice it much until I got seats behind the Eagles interchange at subi.

As far as off field antics goes Harry O is one strange chap.

Was it Max Rooke or Steve J who was the weirdo at Geelong in their heyday? Use to ride scooters and dress up randomly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back