2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or do Port fans just look like a bunch of muppets holding their scarves out and singing never tear us apart momwnts before the game.

Seriously it wasnt that long ago they had tarps out at their home games cause they could only get 10k to a home game.
Just trying to copy some soccer garbage. It's so, so lame and embarrassing.

I tipped them. And I have a whole $1 on them to win by 40+ at $251 (I couldn't resist it haha).

Is there anyone else that watches the start of port games, and they do the never tear us apart bit, and you hope that Freo never does anything so ridiculously cheesy because then you'd have to change clubs.
Lost...
upload_2017-4-21_18-4-7.jpeg
If found please return to Allikat

Five minutes in and I don't think I'm going to see out the game.
Of course, the thought follows that I really don't have much better to do, followed immediately by a WHY don't I have anything else to do.

Think I'm going to get drunk, watch the game and stay off the bloody forums - recently, being drunk and on a computer has not gone well.
I understand. I broke up with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago, so my Friday nights have turned into eating terrible pizza (like seriously... wtf did they put in this?), drinking beer & big footying while watching actual footy.
Anybody mentioning this is gonna be in a lot of trouble...

View attachment 360539
At least we were original :thumbsu:
I was about 11 years old when we were doing this so it seemed cool at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the only way to see it in HD now is to actually go to the game & that's so much effort. And expensive. Essendon were greedy campaigners and upped the prices by like 80%
I can't believe I only bothered to upgrade my Foxtel to HD 6 months ago.

Then again this is a bloke in his 30s that watched a CRT TV up until 2014 and only bought a smartfone in 2016.

I can't believe I only bothered to upgrade my Foxtel to HD 6 months ago.

Then again this is a bloke in his 30s that watched a CRT TV up until 2014 and only bought a smartfone in 2016.
I only watch the sports channels dont see the point in getting HD just for that

I understand. I broke up with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago, so my Friday nights have turned into eating terrible pizza (like seriously... wtf did they put in this?), drinking beer & big footying while watching actual footy.
Oh, I don't know if it's all that bad. I highly recommend the mid-life crisis, actually.
I don't have the young blonde, and I don't have the money for the sports car, but other than that it's been fun :p

ooh look, my streams back up.

Serious? Sport is the only thing you need it for and SD looks horrible by comparison. I managed to get the new box and HD thrown in for free for 12 months anyway along with docos by threatening to cancel.

Last edited:
Speaking of pre-game stuff. I quite like Melbourne (at the MCG) playing the start of Hells Bells by AC/DC, gives a great atmosphere to start the game. First time I've been to one of their home games.
Then they ruin it by cutting it off and playing their stupid club song.
Then Freo ruined the whole party by winning in the last minute :) there was 4 of us in the Members reserve standing on our seats screaming and a few hundred others sitting there with tasteful Melbourne scarfs, crossed arms and frowns.

Ok, now I'm totally confused.

You're complaining that 7Mate in Melbourne isn't HD and this will ruin your viewing enjoyment of free to air AFL and at the same time you can't justify the cost of HD Foxtel because you only watch sports?

upload_2017-4-21_18-57-7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back