Competitions Ultimate Footy 2017 - Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I went to pick up a new midfielder earlier with Mitchell and Lewis both on the sidelines, and my other backup not playing ... there was only one available midfielder who was selected ... Jarrod Berry, switch on son! ... apparently he plays for Bris

I went to pick up a new midfielder earlier with Mitchell and Lewis both on the sidelines, and my other backup not playing ... there was only one available midfielder who was selected ... Jarrod Berry, switch on son! ... apparently he plays for Bris
Yup. Literally noone there.

Cripps, 37 disposals, VC loophole. :cool:

A little disappointed so far this season. Went heavy on mids but my starting seven are never firing in the same week, and Hannebery being my lowest ranked mid is either a blessing or depressingly unlucky. Last week I kicked 24 goals too and still lost (a few tackles and a free kick or two).

Would love it all to come together one week.

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
And.....now I'm regretting dropping GHS 2 weeks ago :/

Thanks for that by the way. He was my last pick but you just nabbed him.
Cripps, 37 disposals, VC loophole. :cool:

A little disappointed so far this season. Went heavy on mids but my starting seven are never firing in the same week, and Hannebery being my lowest ranked mid is either a blessing or depressingly unlucky. Last week I kicked 24 goals too and still lost (a few tackles and a free kick or two).

Would love it all to come together one week.

My mods have been just ok. Parker has been only ok. Hunter has been a beast some weeks and only average the next. Zara ok. Boak just did a hammy and Conca has actually been a star for me and scored a back positional upgrade. But I don't have the centres to play him there.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Thanks for that by the way. He was my last pick but you just nabbed him.

My mods have been just ok. Parker has been only ok. Hunter has been a beast some weeks and only average the next. Zara ok. Boak just did a hammy and Conca has actually been a star for me and scored a back positional upgrade. But I don't have the centres to play him there.
I knew when i saw you'd quoted me exactly what you'd be saying. Damn my impatience/Geelongs selection committee!

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
For next season it may be a good idea to play with one less defender,midfielder and forward to increase the size and quality of the FA pool. We could also drop off one on the bench as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For next season it may be a good idea to play with one less defender,midfielder and forward to increase the size and quality of the FA pool. We could also drop off one on the bench as well.
I think they've dropped the number of mids this year to be honest. It hasn't been this skint in the previous four years.

I may just swap one mid for a utility next year. That way we're still running with 18 but then you can pick your best available remaining for slot 18.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
I think they've dropped the number of mids this year to be honest. It hasn't been this skint in the previous four years.

I may just swap one mid for a utility next year. That way we're still running with 18 but then you can pick your best available remaining for slot 18.
Good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing 2 utility slots actually. 5-5-1-5-2 would be a nice structure and give managers a bit more variety in their strats.

This league feeds off of your misfortune.

Does anyone have a full list of mids. I'm already 1 short and I've just lost hill. Looking at fa there are no available playing mids

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Does anyone have a full list of mids. I'm already 1 short and I've just lost hill. Looking at fa there are no available playing mids

I have 10 playing mids, a few with DPP and Conilgio to come in in a couple of weeks. I'm willing to trade a mid to someone who's desperate but due to the fact that there are none in the free agency pool I'd only trade a mid if i won the trade in terms of statistical output. But if anyone wants to give up a gun defender for a mid come haggle with me.

Last edited:

I currently have 6 playing mids, 2 playing dpp back/mids, 4 playing fwd/mids and Whitfield to come in mid year.

Josh Kelly for Rory Laird boy oh boy woweeeeeee!
It killed me to accept that trade as Laird is a favourite of mine, but my midfield is decimated and I have cover down back

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
It killed me to accept that trade as Laird is a favourite of mine, but my midfield is decimated and I have cover down back

I love u accepting the trade, been looking at my backline in disgust, wondering if i could get anyone to trade be a good back and i got the best back in the game. Yeh i had to give up a firing Kelly, but I'll move Touk into the centre and play a proper forward in his place and get those def dregs off the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back