Autopsy Rd 5 Blues go down by 90 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointed, but let's have some perspective, 7 teenagers in the side, playing interstate, always had the potential to be a blow out, if only we had of nailed a few of those shots on goal late in the 2nd, things could have gone so much differently.
Loved Charlie's game, we wanted the club to play young players, so let not sook it up when we go through some pain on the score board.

Plowman is in AA form.
We have found some kids who can use the pill.
Casboult good again tonight.
SOSAJ needs to be more selfish for the sake of the team.
Charlie ready to tear up the competition, hopefully starting to understand what he is capable of.
Marchbank reads the flight so well, try him forward and sent Weitering back?
Plenty to learn from the game tonight, we aren't as bad as we played, they are nowhere near as good.
Goal kicking still an issue for the whole team.
Cripps very good

Senior players still letting us down in many areas. kids were cooked after playing in the wet then consecutive 6 day breaks and travel. Hopefully they freshen up for next round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't this what Melbourne did? Play all the kids and continuously get thrashed? Thought we wanted to avoid that.
I have no solution. Do we just keep playing the kids? Or bring back Kerridge Thomas etc. There's got to be some balance.

Disgusting. The coaching staff and match committee should be ashamed.

That is how you ruin a talented bunch of young players. Back to back 6 day weeks, players looking exhausted, and they send an under 19 squad to play a potential top 4 team, interstate, on prime time tv.

Poor Jacob Weitering. Looks exhausted and should have had a rest, instead plays forward for a half in a team with no structure and awful delivery, then sent to the backline to run out the match in the midst of a 100 point thrashing. That's how you turn a promising #1 pick into Jack Watts

CHARLIE. 19 touches, 8 marks, a handful of tackles even and probably some crunching of packs that arent on the stat sheet.

Big, important game for that lad I feel.

I think it's what most of us expected. Hard to take but reality. Very young side against mature Port side at home.

Important we stay the path and not panic. I really believe we will step up next week at the MCG.

Biggest issue is we work hard early, have opportunities and don't take advantage and we need to.

Positives Charlie Williamson Plowman Marchbank Fisher SPS. Polson early

Liked Docherty in the middle and Gibbs up forward. Weitering needs to stay back, please.

Cripps was massive. Plowman as well

These days will happen but keep the faith. We are on the right path

Last edited:
Put Weitering down back to get him some form, drop Rowe, bring in Jaksch or McKay

Plowman is in AA form.
We have found some kids who can use the pill.
Casboult good again tonight.
SOSAJ needs to be more selfish for the sake of the team.
Charlie ready to tear up the competition, hopefully starting to understand what he is capable of.
Marchbank reads the flight so well, try him forward and sent Weitering back?
Plenty to learn from the game tonight, we aren't as bad as we played, they are nowhere near as good.
Goal kicking still an issue for the whole team.
Cripps very good

Senior players still letting us down in many areas. kids were cooked after playing in the wet then consecutive 6 day breaks and travel. Hopefully they freshen up for next round.

not when KB is a selector !!

I'll try not to be too offensive to port but * they were bad,we kept our structure. We stuck to our plan. They just skiied. Downhill wow. I would take that loss any day of the week compared to that terrible club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back