Autopsy Rd 5 Blues go down by 90 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Phillips worst on ground a human statue that bloke

Weitering something's not right can hardly move put him in the sick bay coach and then to the backline he's made to be playing behind the ball.

C Curnow had his best game hope he grows in confidence that he can be an impact player

Give Polson another go next week

I continue to like Williamson and Fisher despite a tough night for both.

Absolutely unacceptable in every single aspect of that game.

No one should be safe from being told they were not up to standard, to give anyone a pass because they "are teenagers" is bullshit.

Going to go back to my holiday and not bother next week.

We had about 8 players at 65% game time. It'll happen just watch. I even reckon next year we will beat these peanuts.

Positives are we matched them in the first half bar our poor kicking for goal.

Charlie Curnow probably had the best game of his career with his overhead marking a feature and looked more comfortable out there.

SPS & Fisher are really good kicks and decision makers...very clean players and will be good for us.

SOSOS didn't have much opportunity but did pretty well when he had the ball, again showed his high footy IQ.

Plowman continuing on his AA form.

Unfortunately Macreadie, Polson, Pickett, Weitering & Marchbank didn't have great games. Williamson was OK.
Macreadie looks like he needs a rest.

Charlie Curnow, Levi Casboult, Jack Silvagni, Tom Williamson, Patrick Cripps, Lachie Plowman and Zac Fisher played well.
Kade Simpson did some okay things.

Jacob Weitering, Harrison Macreadie, Simon White, Andrew Phillips and Jarrod Pickett either need to be rested or play in the reserves for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Put Weitering down back to get him some form, drop Rowe, bring in Jaksch or McKay
* me... what does Rowe have to do to show you muppets that he deserves a game... He stopped Dixon in a game in which Port had 70 entries...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What'd everyone think of Macreadie?
I think he does and is doing a surprising amount right, with a few blemishes here and there, but really I'm amazed how he's held up given draft position and age/size.

Not sure whether he's totally needed down back if everyone is fit and firing at the moment, but he's not one of the worst. A rest might be on the cards though.

positives - Cripps , C.Curnow , Plowman , Casboult

no.1 negative - Phillips runs underneath the ball in every marking contest !!

Wanted to hire a hitman to take him out ..... about as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike tonight.

Earlier in the week I was advocating taking an FA pick for Kruszelnicki if it was good enough .... not anymore

Some of the older players were shown up tonight for their real worth to the team, clearly they are on a limited tenure. I reckon Cripps is carrying an injury, he was grimacing a lot tonight. Gibbs wanted to just do his waving arms routine all night instead of getting his shorts dirty. Simon White annoyed me immensely due to his constant giving up the chase when we were under siege.

The young guys struggled but kept fighting it out even though they were badly outclassed.

Some supporters will be all bitter & twisted over a loss of this proportion but you have to expect the occasional blowout whilst the players grow & develop. Whilst it hurts to get smacked in that manner, its what you learn from the result that is of real importance IMO.

The green shoots weren't as obvious tonite but if they are hurting after that loss, then we will be okay in the future.

By the way, don't beat yourself up over this game, take a deep breath and keep thinking about how bright our future really is even though you may not be able to see it right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back