EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey BJ, Still some players in div2 playing for the jumper or very little match payments. A couple of clubs in this division just couldn't afford to pay half the team let alone the whole side.

Be interesting to see if Cloke bothers to play against Burnside. What's the point other than total goals for the season..Let him have the Saturday off to go away or watch his brothers play..
Cloke will play against BS and will kick 15-20

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's only two weeks in but there's already key takeaways...

NS looking good so far and see them competing come the pointy end of the season
CD still are my premiership favourites
Jacana are extremely strengthened by Cloke playing. Will he stick around?
East Sunbury have played the likely bottom two sides of this year so still not sure where they stand
MV will be around the mark with greater depth this year.
KP have lost a lot and look to have proven a few people right with their recruiting in previous seasons
BH have improved significantly in their work rate and will get a win this year. Still too far off the pace

W
It's only two weeks in but there's already key takeaways...

East Sunbury have played the likely bottom two sides of this year so still not sure where they stand
KP have lost a lot and look to have proven a few people right with their recruiting in previous seasons
BH have improved significantly in their work rate and will get a win this year. Still too far off the pace
Good write up, what about Roxy?

K
TE="Fo0tyFanaticc, post: 49617770, member: 156942"]It's only two weeks in but there's already key takeaways...

BH have improved significantly in their work rate and will get a win this year. Still too far off the pace[/QUOTE

Keilor Park didn't recruit last year.....15 players returned to save the club from folding. Massive debt and lost points.
Most have these have retired and they are purposely not spending a cracker.
Under 17's for the first time in years.
They're on the right path.....1-2 years away from finals. No point spending anything while some teams are paying players 30k in div 2.

[QUo0tyFanaticc, post: 49617770, member: 156942"]It's only two weeks in but there's already key takeaways...

BH have improved significantly in their work rate and will get a win this year. Still too far off the pace[/QUOTE]

Only 2 rounds but you're spot on though. Lets be honest could have written that prior to rd1.
Final ladder ($$$).
Jacana
CD
NS
MV
Roxy
ES
KP
BS

Prettu

K
TE="Fo0tyFanaticc, post: 49617770, member: 156942"]It's only two weeks in but there's already key takeaways...

BH have improved significantly in their work rate and will get a win this year. Still too far off the pace[/QUOTE

Keilor Park didn't recruit last year.....15 players returned to save the club from folding. Massive debt and lost points.
Most have these have retired and they are purposely not spending a cracker.
Under 17's for the first time in years.
They're on the right path.....1-2 years away from finals. No point spending anything while some teams are paying players 30k in div 2.

I probably should have clarified, the recruitment of Nate Trotter and David Mole were smart decisions but unfortunately they didn't stick around. Shane Barry, Steven Gamble and Kirk Wintels were questionable to the long term success of the club and I think many within the club thought the same thing.

Your comment that those within the club thought the same thing is totally wrong. And whoever said that probably put them in the crap in the first place.

You're point is right though about mid 30's players being no good for long term success. Agreed but I can assure you it wasn't even about short term success last season. All ex players came back, brought mates and the doors stayed open. It's unfortunate they retired but they saved the place. Trotter and Mole went home.

This season is about getting money in the bank and results might reflect that however they'll be in a better place moving forward than where they were 2 years ago.

I probably should have clarified, the recruitment of Nate Trotter and David Mole were smart decisions but unfortunately they didn't stick around. Shane Barry, Steven Gamble and Kirk Wintels were questionable to the long term success of the club and I think many within the club thought the same thing.

Kind of agree with most part of the discussion between you & Zappas. But you do need some experience from some tough older heads like Gamble and co. Gamble really was just helping out his home club but thought Barry and Wintels were good players. Experienced midfielder and a big strong forward more than handy in div3 footy I thought.
Totally agree you need the younger types coming through with a few experienced players and KP probably had more older players than younger types. But it's not easy in that area to grow homegrowns in this day and age.

But I'm sure we all agree the comp needs these older type clubs like KP to continue to stay afloat and hopefully be competitive otherwise it will just end up a 2 tier comp and these current div3 clubs will get beat most weeks, hence why they started a div3 comp..
Think the salary cap for div3 EDFL is far to high and just creating more lopsided results. The points also should be reduced however some clubs like KP, Jacana etc would need higher points as they don't have many junior sides flowing through.

It would have to a first, even for you Turbs, to contradict yourself within the same sentence!

Cmon mate give me a break as I was tired. Lol

What do you think about the salary cap? Is it affordable? Not many clubs could sustain those types of payments ongoing.

With regards to the points and juniors I really admire the work of Coburg Districts in how they are going about things with there junior program over there. They will reap the rewards in coming years just hope they have someone to replace Cat when he decides to step aside. His done a wonderful job with CD over many years.

Cmon mate give me a break as I was tired. Lol

What do you think about the salary cap? Is it affordable? Not many clubs could sustain those types of payments ongoing.

With regards to the points and juniors I really admire the work of Coburg Districts in how they are going about things with there junior program over there. They will reap the rewards in coming years just hope they have someone to replace Cat when he decides to step aside. His done a wonderful job with CD over many years.

Understand your point that some clubs won't be able to sustain those payments. The flip side is though if the cap is to far below the next division it makes it hard for clubs that are promoted to raise and extra $100K to compete, having to raise an extra $50k is often more achievable

In saying all that caps are only the maximum you can spend, no one is telling any club they have to spend that much!

Understand your point that some clubs won't be able to sustain those payments. The flip side is though if the cap is to far below the next division it makes it hard for clubs that are promoted to raise and extra $100K to compete, having to raise an extra $50k is often more achievable

In saying all that caps are only the maximum you can spend, no one is telling any club they have to spend that much!

I wouldn't expect any clubs in this division to be spending near the cap.

Who would be spending the most? CD? Jags? RP?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you saying the majority of your players are on less then 100 a game.
165 x 22 x 18 = $65k
So I assume Cloke is on a lot more than that
Find that hard to believe

You think all seniors are being paid ?
Doubt that in division two mate I'm pretty sure there's a large group of jacana juniors that have gone back on the back of the Cloke signing with a common goal and it's not for the money.

It's easy to all wanna be against jacana because they signed a big fish and a lot want to see them fail but I think they have recruited around Cloke very well and I'd be very surprised if they were spending more then 60-70k.

That's a cheap flag if they can get the job done.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You think all seniors are being paid ?
Doubt that in division two mate I'm pretty sure there's a large group of jacana juniors that have gone back on the back of the Cloke signing with a common goal and it's not for the money.

It's easy to all wanna be against jacana because they signed a big fish and a lot want to see them fail but I think they have recruited around Cloke very well and I'd be very surprised if they were spending more then 60-70k.

That's a cheap flag if they can get the job done.

Think you'll find everyone that players seniors now has to get a minimum amount. Not sure what that is but I'm guess anywhere from 50-100 a game. AFL Vic made that a rule to stop salary cap rotating.
So
21x100x18 = $37k leaving $30k for cloke

Think you'll find everyone that players seniors now has to get a minimum amount. Not sure what that is but I'm guess anywhere from 50-100 a game. AFL Vic made that a rule to stop salary cap rotating.
So
21x100x18 = $37k leaving $30k for cloke

Yeah I wasn't aware of the rule but if Cloke is on 25k for the year and the rule is 50 a game minimum not 100 then that's an extra 23.5k they have to spend on recruits..

That's 5 recruits on $250 plus Cloke some others on $50 or $100 a game.

At the end of the day the only people who know are the ones paying it out I guess..

Jacana is a good example but let's not forget where they were last year how much do you think they spent last year?

Yeah I wasn't aware of the rule but if Cloke is on 25k for the year and the rule is 50 a game minimum not 100 then that's an extra 23.5k they have to spend on recruits..

That's 5 recruits on $250 plus Cloke some others on $50 or $100 a game.

At the end of the day the only people who know are the ones paying it out I guess..

Jacana is a good example but let's not forget where they were last year how much do you think they spent last year?

Also not true. The league knows how much each player is on because you need to submit a spreadsheet to the EDFL with how much each player is getting paid a week.

I'd say most clubs are paying between 80k - 120k a year in division 1 and 2. Premier clubs are about 180k - 220k a year.

Also not true. The league knows how much each player is on because you need to submit a spreadsheet to the EDFL with how much each player is getting paid a week.

I'd say most clubs are paying between 80k - 120k a year in division 1 and 2. Premier clubs are about 180k - 220k a year.

Yeah of course the league but I mean general knowledge so us debating over what clubs are spending is almost pointless. I'd find it hard to believe div 2 clubs spending 120k if they are they are being robbed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back