Autopsy Round 5 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Got the win and good percentage booster . Still need to get better kicks especially inside 50 . The 2nd quarter shows what happens when we don't defend hard then run with decisive movement and forwards making space not bomb and hope s**t. Trengrove shows what happens with an extra forward. Need hombsch and eddie or dougal in the side and another midfielder to replace s gray

I think there may have been 7 teenagers playing for Carlton tonight, a record for them.

I think there may have been 7 teenagers playing for Carlton tonight, a record for them.

I think there may have been 7 teenagers playing for Carlton tonight, a record for them

Probably undercooked that a little, might have been a said a few more times than that.

Yeah and I hope they have PTSD that haunts them every time the play us from here on.

It's not something I think about much but I imagine Carlton must have been thinking that must be what it feels like to be crushed by a 30 foot anaconda.

A 30 foot anaconda who wasn't really trying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amon had a real couple of poor defensive efforts in the second? quarter (NE flank), just wouldn't bee line the ball when it was his turn, but was good offensively.

Won't be a popular opinion around these parts but Johnson has a lot of work to do at SANFL level before he returns.

Glad we debuted a kid against weak opposition but he's had a taste and now needs to go away and work hard.

Yeah he'll make way for Hartlett next week and be better for it. Showed a lot of good signs.

Though in saying that, if Ken was going to blood anyone tonight I wish it was Frampton :(

First ten minutes of the first, we play like as if it's going to be a thrashing. Think "How easy is this?" and then start ******* around with s**t trying to bring other players into the game.

Second quarter, Bolton drops players back in to defence to compensate for the fact that we are using our slingshot.

Third quarter, Hinkley finally plays Trengove up forward and rolls with the smaller defensive setup (why he didn't do this at the start is beyond me) and we dominate.

Fourth quarter - Port Adelaide costs me money because they take their foot off the gas again and just cruise into next week instead of getting to a 100 point margin.

Evaluation: Whatever. I said a 100 point win would be expected. I truly think these players * around to try and make the game exciting.

The first half was ordinaire but I feel we are still adapting to certain parts of our game

Postive: In For The Kill (great Budgie album btw) after half time

Negative: We are still a bit shakey down back so hurry up and get well Hombschy, We still have too many ugly forward entries and kick too many wing and prayer goals BLOOD ANOTHER TALL FFS!

That's all back to my beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back