Tom Hickey 'managed'

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe the s**t I'm seeing on this board, will be good to see Longer get a run but how anyone can be write some of the crap about a player who did as much as Hickey did for us last year is baffling.

I really can't get my head around people actually being happy to see one of our own players get dropped.

Pull your bloody heads in, you're talking about a Sainter

Can't believe the s**t I'm seeing on this board, will be good to see Longer get a run but how anyone can be write some of the crap about a player who did as much as Hickey did for us last year is baffling.

I really can't get my head around people actually being happy to see one of our own players get dropped.

Couldn't agree with you more westernsainter some of the stuff said about our own players I find, quite frankly, disgraceful.

If you say you are a saints supporter. Then support ALL our boys (and girls- hopefully with a real team next year). Whether they are playing in the ones or twos, they play according to what the coaches say think we need on the day. Remember not everyone is going to play their best game ever every week

Everyone pull your heads in and SUPPORT THE SAINTS whoever we have playing for us

On E5823 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lots of players are sore. The club said Hickey pulled up sore but would have been dropped anyway. Four gruelling rounds in the ruck I wouldn't be surprised if a player needed a rest.
If he was in form he'd be playing.

Ok i want dunstan replaced coz o think stevens offers much more.

r1hr91.gif

I'd like to rewind and see if the same people calling for Hickey's head were the same people on the 'let's trade billy' bandwagon last trade period?

Im old school. Either you're injured or dropped. Hes not playing for Sandy tomorrow so Im going with injury. "Rested" after 4 games???

Having said that, would he be "managed" if he was playing like Gawn or Martin? Doubt it. He's still playing pretty well rund the ground, but sadly his tap work is a shadow of last years. Even in the centre, where 3rd man up isnt an issue he's being summarily beaten most weeks.

Longer will straighten us up at bounces, but I hope his output round the ground has improved. Barely managed a mark a game in 2015.

Hearing Hickey is shattered by the treatment of him by the club and will actively seek a trade at year end.
Especially galling is the public humiliation by the coach.

The Longer lovers better hope he kicks on or doesnt get severly injured once Tom has gone, as our quality rucks will be very thin on the ground.
High risk move by Richardson to openly favour one player. May cost us big time.

Hearing Hickey is shattered by the treatment of him by the club and will actively seek a trade at year end.

The Longer lovers better hope he kicks on or doesnt get severly injured once Tom has gone, as our quality rucks will be very thin on the ground.

I heard he's that cut up about being dropped he's gone full op sex change & will captain our inaugural women's team

Boom... was this to do with the article?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't agree with you more westernsainter some of the stuff said about our own players I find, quite frankly, disgraceful.

If you say you are a saints supporter. Then support ALL our boys (and girls- hopefully with a real team next year). Whether they are playing in the ones or twos, they play according to what the coaches say think we need on the day. Remember not everyone is going to play their best game ever every week

Everyone pull your heads in and SUPPORT THE SAINTS whoever we have playing for us

On E5823 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jeepers calm down lads. The Club is not a cult. Supporters letting off steam about players has been happening since sport has been happening. Go back to the days of the Roman Colosseum and I guarantee you hear the same thing.

PS this thread could go next level

Really sucks to have 2 rucks actually competing for one spot. When was the last time that happened?

Like anyone else, they will live or die based on performance.

It's in their hands... just like all our players.
Matty Clarke and Trent Knobel?

Is this a thing now?

OUT: Tom Hickey (managed)

I assume this means dropped or omitted? It sounds like he is undergoing some kind of prolonged medical treatment or has some sort of behavioural problem ;)

WTF was the first thing that came to mind when i saw that.

There are also two players from others clubs that are being 'managed' this round as well as two others who are put with 'soreness', whatever that means. It's not just us and not just pur players. It happens everywhere.

I prefer general soreness:)

Where did you see/ read this please?

Where did you see/ read this please?
Over dramatic post by Joffa. He's been good the past few months but his old self is rearing it's ugly head. Richo basically said Hickey was out of form. People on BigFooty love to exaggerate everything.

Dont get the big deal about being 'managed'.
He plays in the ruck where 2 huge blokes knee each other in the guts all day.
He is probably sore.
Managed, rested, freshened up . Meh .

The Roos and Carltank did the same thing this week.

Absolutely agree (but as Richardson agreed it was form related as well). Some posters however proceeded to make an issue of why that would never happen and it was a very silly idea (and effectively the posters were silly as well).

This lead to the former laying out a case why it wasn't a silly idea.

Then club came out effectively endorsing the idea.

La di da....

As shakespeare says... much ado about nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back