Autopsy Round 5 vs Carlton

Nov 17, 2012
Liartown, USA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just got home, stoked on such a big win, from the moment the ball was bounced it never looked in doubt. Wines absolutely colossal tonight along with robbie, also was great to see Chad having a run through the middle and finding a bit of the ball. Only disappointments I would have to say would be Dixon, played well and got himself into good positions, would have just loved to see him kick a big bag or at least get a bit of a break from the umps. Well in well played, now where can I find this footage of that big buffoon BT down in the rooms I've been hearing about?

SupportMe

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
First was half was turgid Norwood-under-Bassett stuff. Third quarter we lifted and destroyed them but kicked 6.10(?).

I liked Wines, Jonas and Robbie. Well done AJ on the two goals.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
how much better does the forward line look with another tall forward
worked so much better when trengove went there.
brissy next week debut Frampton or marshall

Another competent* tall forward

playing a tall player doesn't mean seperation and 1v1's. Debuting marshall will be lambs to slaughter for both Marshall and Charlie. Frampton also won't play with Trengove in the side.Would just be a negative. Until Eddy can learn to stay in games for longer we will have to stick with the structure we had tonight+ Hombsch.

Winganeen

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Amon had a good jlt, ok first 3 games and a great last fortnight. He's playing his role fantastically and has shown enough afl level traits that says he can be a 100+ game player. Kicking, endurance and speed all above average.

He's turned the corner and easily first picked sub 180cm player.

Biggest astrix is that he shirks contests, did it again tonight. If he keeps that up he'll have to be traded to Richmond.

Has all the other weapons though.

B0ydmaniac

Team Captain
Mar 6, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think there may have been 7 teenagers playing for Carlton tonight, a record for them.

I think there may have been 7 teenagers playing for Carlton tonight, a record for them.

I think there may have been 7 teenagers playing for Carlton tonight, a record for them

Probably undercooked that a little, might have been a said a few more times than that.

Don't forget

Expected result.

7 teenagers tonight

Nauseating wasn't it

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Biggest astrix is that he shirks contests, did it again tonight. If he keeps that up he'll have to be traded to Richmond.

Has all the other weapons though.

I call this bullshit I've seen one in his career and now everyone here every single week says he dogs it multiple times a game. He's an outside winger who commits his body when required and many times this year was done some very good work with strong body contact. The continual bashing of miniscule things with Karl around here gets me angry.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Amons delivery into the forward 50 was ******* brilliant. Repeatedly ran 30m and kicked 45-55 mtrs and kicked to the advantage of our player. 1 of those is worth more than 12 average touches.

Having Trengove forward and Dixon dragging defenders away from gray was a huge reason we finished with close to 140 and not 90-110 points. Better teams will not allow us to do that though. Trengove would be needed back or they won't let their defenders follow Dixon with such disregard as to what Robbie will do if you don't guard his space.

Wines body use and releasing of his handpasses was ace.

So many good players I don't think I can say there was any passengers tonight. A few players who I think were lucky we were so on top ie young just got so many opportunities because we were on top

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm watching the replay, and I understand the need for clash jumpers, but that insipid white number the blue baggers wore tonight is actually worse than that dreadful ice cream vendors monstrosity that Port wore 6 or 7 years ago, and I didn't think that was possible! :eek:

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
First ten minutes of the first, we play like as if it's going to be a thrashing. Think "How easy is this?" and then start ******* around with s**t trying to bring other players into the game.

Second quarter, Bolton drops players back in to defence to compensate for the fact that we are using our slingshot.

Third quarter, Hinkley finally plays Trengove up forward and rolls with the smaller defensive setup (why he didn't do this at the start is beyond me) and we dominate.

Fourth quarter - Port Adelaide costs me money because they take their foot off the gas again and just cruise into next week instead of getting to a 100 point margin.

Evaluation: Whatever. I said a 100 point win would be expected. I truly think these players **** around to try and make the game exciting.
I think you're too negative Janus.

I think Robbie Gray is unbelievably good for a guy who plays with the horrible dual disadvantage of having no neck and no back. A true hero and inspiration to us all.

I think Robbie Gray is unbelievably good for a guy who plays with the horrible dual disadvantage of having no neck and no back. A true hero and inspiration to us all.
He also grasses a lot of marks.

Back