2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear on Fox Footy that the AFL is considering the ridiculous 17 and 5 concept.

I think it is really a dumb idea.

From what I understand is that after 17 rounds if you're sitting 7th then the highest that you can finish is 7th even if you win all five of your remaining games.

Take last year for instance after 17 games 2nd-7th were all on equal points and split by percentage with 8th only 1 game behind them. It seems a bit harsh to take 7th and 8th out of contention for the top 4 and home finals especially when there's still five more games to play.

Also how is it supposed to work with home games ? What happens if you already played the four or five of the teams you're paired with at home already or will some teams be lumbered with having to potentially play 2 away games against the same side in the 1 season ?

Last edited:
Trolling rebuilding sides when you can't beat any top eight team put in front of you is pathetic.

My opinion of Kane Cornes has just dropped some more. Shows zero class after a win and a lot of sore loser after a loss.
It's a reasonable question and 2 inside 50s is quite noteworthy. Most rebuilding sides do better than that.

Trolling rebuilding sides when you can't beat any top eight team put in front of you is pathetic.

My opinion of Kane Cornes has just dropped some more. Shows zero class after a win and a lot of sore loser after a loss.

That's like when he declared Sam Powell-Pepper as "hands down the best player in the 2016 AFL Draft" and claimed that the other 17 clubs have been left with egg on their face for not picking him based off 1 game :$

I hear on Fox Footy that they AFL is considering the ridiculous 17 and 5 concept.

I think it is really dumb idea.

From what I understand is that after 17 rounds if you're sitting 7th then the highest that you can finish is 7th even if you win all five of your remaining games.

Take last year for instance after 17 games 2nd-7th were all on equal points and split by percentage and 8th was only 1 game behind, it seems a bit harsh to take 7th and 8th out of contention for the top 4 and home finals especially when there's still five more games to play.

Also how is it supposed to work with home games ? What happens if you already played the four or five of the teams you're paired with at home already or will some teams be lumbered with having to potentially play 2 away games against the same side in the 1 season ?

Its a dumb idea. If they want to incentivise the bottom teams, make them play for top picks during finals month.

I hear on Fox Footy that they AFL is considering the ridiculous 17 and 5 concept.

Take last year for instance after 17 games 2nd-7th were all on equal points and split by percentage and 8th was only 1 game behind, it seems a bit harsh to take 7th and 8th out of contention for the top 4 and home finals especially when there's still five more games to play.

The thing that really bugs me about the 17-5 model is what to do with the bottom 6. Tankathon or having the 6th worst side getting the best draft pick? What a farce.

I hear on Fox Footy that the AFL is considering the ridiculous 17 and 5 concept.

Take last year for instance after 17 games 2nd-7th were all on equal points and split by percentage with 8th only 1 game behind them. It seems a bit harsh to take 7th and 8th out of contention for the top 4 and home finals especially when there's still five more games to play.

They can't stop themselves from screwing up the game. I couldn't hate them more.

They can't stop themselves from screwing up the game. I couldn't hate them more.

The only changes I would be happy with is keeping the season structure the same, but introduce a wild card finals week where 7th plays 10th and 8th plays 9th and having a draft lottery system for 11th-18th.

It's a reasonable question and 2 inside 50s is quite noteworthy. Most rebuilding sides do better than that.
Rebuilding sides performing very poorly in one aspect of play or another aren't an uncommon sight. Besides, Kane has a bit of history when it comes to twitter trolling so I'm not about to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Gonna pop it in here too...

So the AFLW player rankings have been released for the new AFL Evolution game and naturally they're pretty weird.

Adelaide as a team rank 5th behind Brisbane, Collingwood, Melbourne and the Bulldogs.

As for individual player ratings, Randall is our highest at 84 and then Noffy at 79. Phillips is somehow only a 75.

For comparison Brisbane have 5 players rated 80 or higher, Carlton 4 80 or higher, Collingwood 4, Fremantle 2, GWS 2, Melbourne 4 and the Bulldogs 5.

In fact Phillips, reigning league best and fairest and MVP, is rated as the 44th best player in the game.

Very, very weird.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/wom...s/news-story/8e5c9c71b4ea7dbbabde72400c84df82

The only changes I would be happy with is keeping the season structure the same, but introduce a wild card finals week where 7th plays 10th and 8th plays 9th and having a draft lottery system for 11th-18th.

That's pretty much how I've imagined an ideal scenario (outside of a 17 round season!)

Gonna pop it in here too...

So the AFLW player rankings have been released for the new AFL Evolution game and naturally they're pretty weird.

Adelaide as a team rank 5th behind Brisbane, Collingwood, Melbourne and the Bulldogs.

As for individual player ratings, Randall is our highest at 84 and then Noffy at 79. Phillips is somehow only a 75.

For comparison Brisbane have 5 players rated 80 or higher, Carlton 4 80 or higher, Collingwood 4, Fremantle 2, GWS 2, Melbourne 4 and the Bulldogs 5.

In fact Phillips, reigning league best and fairest and MVP, is rated as the 44th best player in the game.

Very, very weird.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/wom...s/news-story/8e5c9c71b4ea7dbbabde72400c84df82

I read somewhere that the ratings for the teams were based off 2016, it's possible that the ratings for the female players were also finalised before the AFLW league started.

When will the heat come for Bolton ?? Has been a failure thus far, only Docherty is a better player than he was when he got there.

Sure SOS has gutted them with some poor list decisions but they are garbage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When will the heat come for Bolton ?? Has been a failure thus far, only Docherty is a better player than he was when he got there.

Hes going to turn into one of those coaches that take on a bottom team and can't get them out of the rut ... not much you can do when your list now is worse than when you started.

Bolton is the scape goat for SOS's failures. If he were to succeed it would have been all SOS. When he fails it will be all Bolton.

So I was in town tonight and at 3/4 time I saw a heap of Port supporters walking around, why would they leave that early? I'm not just talking about a few, they were everywhere.

I think they will have to show something next year otherwise Bolton will be on the receiving end of a stroke of Triggy's pen.

Hes going to turn into one of those coaches that take on a bottom team and can't get them out of the rut ... not much you can do when your list now is worse than when you started.

Yeah I also think he is destined to be the next Peter Rhode/Damian Drum/Justin Leppitch.

This year is looking like reality has begun to set in that he's bitten off more than he can chew with the Carlton job.

Yeah I also think he is destined to be the next Peter Rhode/Damian Drum/Justin Leppitch.

This year is looking like reality has begun to set in that he's bitten off more than he can chew with the Carlton job.

Hard to turn back now from the kid slaughter model. Bringing in a couple of mature bodies will be seen as foregoing future development in favour of current competetiveness, which is effectively a job saving move. Pre-game Maclure was absolutely thrilled with the direction. Absolutely need to play the kids, but surely you need a few hardened bodies/runners out there. Around these parts you'd get accused of wanting those kind of results by dropping just VB in favour of a guy like Kedge or Lyons. They've gone in with a half a team of average kids and almost no senior players who will stand up when the going gets tough. Will be interesting how they respond at selection next week.

Last edited:
Imagine if we played Carlton at home...

As if that is ever going to happen - the last time was 2010!!!

That's right 2010 - how the * does that happen?

Haven't played them twice in a year since 2009! Again remarkable given we have 4 (other than Port) double ups each year so we should at least played them twice in one of the past 8 years.

Last edited:
What you mean like the idea that Port Power was established in 1870 and has won heaps of premierships? Made up s**t like that?

Lol

No - Port Power was established in 1996. PAFC in 1870. Bay62 - are you Glenelg AND Crows? My commiserations to you

Marchbank is a star in the making, and Rowe is a serviceable defender.

Marchbank barely defends, though. He wants to intercept and be a link man out of defense.

He's very focused on getting his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back