Game Day Round 5: Sydney v GWS, Saturday 7:25pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
feeling quietly confident about this game, as usual with us its going to come down to our intensity, hardness at the ball, tackling and pressure on the opposition, much like what richmond have been doing very well this year. There is no better game than this for Parker and Hanners to find some form and this is the week we need them most, ive got faith in the boys and with Heeney, Rohan and Tippet back theres no excuses.

Swans by 19 with Parker bog and Reid with 5 goals.

Was there any underlying story regarding AA being dropped?

Plenty of posters are showing how the decision can be justified, but I've heard nothing definitive as to why it was made.

My wild guess would be not following instructions. Can't imagine the coaches would have wanted him to play on in every single situation regardless of options down field. The flaws in his game seem more decision than execution based.

My wild guess would be not following instructions. Can't imagine the coaches would have wanted him to play on in every single situation regardless of options down field. The flaws in his game seem more decision than execution based.

Agreed. Just before Longmire brought him back in round 2 he said something to the effect of Aliir forced his way into the side last year through sustained excellent form in the NEAFL but he hasn't done that yet. He went on to make him a late in for the Dogs game which he may think was the wrong move because his form has been so spotty. I reckon he'll need at least 2 excellent NEAFL games to get a recall now.

Agreed. Just before Longmire brought him back in round 2 he said something to the effect of Aliir forced his way into the side last year through sustained excellent form in the NEAFL but he hasn't done that yet. He went on to make him a late in for the Dogs game which he may think was the wrong move because his form has been so spotty. I reckon he'll need at least 2 excellent NEAFL games to get a recall now.
I reckon Longmire should be dropped to reserves for a few weeks.

Hmm. I hope we dont have another talented kid the coach can't figure out on our hands.

It happens no matter the quality of the coach.

Eade basically was on the verge of delisting Kirk and looking to trade Goodes because neither of them would stick/fit the structures he demanded. Then we sacked him and they became immense for us.

Adam just roamed the field and we ended up granting him license to do that under Roos. But it took a coaching change. Eade was giving him roles and getting frustrated.

If AA's issue is he's too free spirited he needs to be managed, not have what makes him special crushed out of him.

Titch could well have been in that camp as well.

Hmm. I hope we dont have another talented kid the coach can't figure out on our hands.

It happens no matter the quality of the coach.

Eade basically was on the verge of delisting Kirk and looking to trade Goodes because neither of them would stick/fit the structures he demanded before we sacked him.

Adam just roamed the field and we ended up granting him license to do that under Roos. But it took a coaching change. Eade was giving him roles and getting frustrated.

If AA's issue is he's too free spirited he needs to be managed, not have what makes him special crushed out of him.

Titch could well have been in that camp as well.
AA is a conditioning issue. I think his lack of fitness is afffecting his mojo and decision making.
Will play NEAFL, then will be back in seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AA is a conditioning issue. I think his lack of fitness is afffecting his mojo and decision making.
Will play NEAFL, then will be back in seniors.

Good. That makes me much happier.

Geez we're walking wounded this year.

Horse was reluctant to drop him into the side , now I feel he is justified his decision in his mind.

I think AA might've been dropped because while he is great at providing a spark rebounding from defence, the way he actually defends is to stay off his man and rely on his closing speed to impact the marking contest. Horse might've been thinking that it's better to use a more classical stopper to defend Jeremy Cameron, as he needs to be locked down 100% of the game. He's one of those players that might only get 5 possessions, but they could for 5 goals an generally at pretty key moments. Reg will go to Patton and be confident that he can continue his trend of completely negating his influence, but then that leaves Lobbe. Hopefully the shortness of the SCG will take care of him!

I gotta admit though, I'm not hugely confident of a win, despite tipping the Swans by 12.

When Rampe gets over his injury, I hope someone punches him in the nuts for his stupidity! We have sorely missed him down back, and could really do with him today.

I'm not confident, and I'm not resigned to a loss. I have no idea how this game will pan out. I hope someone punches Toby Greene's horrible face numerous times, along with Divey J, the campaigner.

When Rampe gets over his injury, I hope someone punches him in the nuts for his stupidity! We have sorely missed him down back, and could really do with him today.

Can't wait for the next website update

Dane Rampe - Busted gonads (4-6 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back