List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky he was a rookie she never set foot on the big stage!

I understand their rational. Young squad and grabbing a few blokes who offer short term bigger bodies to give coverage to the top end draft picks they've added while still managing to grab a couple of potential gems. Much as we did adding the likes of Russell and Young.

Slow burner.
Been outstanding, in the intricate details.
The way Jimmy and Mike both coexist but side by side so to speak but not side by side if you know what I mean.

Watching the brothers interact, Chuck is as much a piece of work as he accuses Jimmy of being, he's just high and mighty about it.

Gus back? Perfect

Agree.... Such a high quality script accompanied by superb acting. The pacing has been prefect imo.

So we are chasing Devon Smith but has anyone fort there a reason for it is Jeremy Cameron is best mates with Devon Smith and Cameron is a free agent soon so I would be chasing Devon Smith to have a chance at Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2017-04-21/dev-hopeful-of-done-deal
GIANTS forward Devon Smith has revealed he's hopeful of re-signing with the club by the middle of this season.

Media reports earlier this week linked Smith, who is out of contract at the end of 2017, to Collingwood, where close friend and former GIANT Taylor Adams is a joint vice-captain, and other ex-GWS players Adam Treloar and Will Hoskin-Elliott are on the Magpies' list.

The skillful forward would no doubt be an attractive prospect for rival clubs, but after training at the SCG in blazing sunshine ahead of Saturday's Sydney derby against the Swans, Smith said his management and the club have had plenty of positive discussions about him staying a GIANT.

He acknowledged the obvious link to Adams and his other former teammates, but said he hasn't given the speculation much thought.

"I talk to 'Tay' (Taylor Adams) but it's not like he's their list manager, so I don't know where they got that one from," he said with a laugh.

"He calls me once a week, I call him to see how he's going, and obviously I text Will Hoskin-Elliott and 'Adzy' (Adam Treloar) to see how they're going because we were mates for four or five years.

"Last year I missed a large chunk of the season so I just want to play some good footy, and I'm loving being here."

Doesn't sound like a player looking to leave.

haha post a link off the club website with player x saying I'm happy and all is well - nothing to see here.
GWS have a history of not keeping their best talent or high end draft picks. Treloar, Adams, WHE, Marchbank, Pickett, Jacksh, Ahern, McCarthy, it's a very long and deep list of players who've left GWS and that was off the top of my head.

FWIW, he might be happy up their but as you've said in regards to Degoey where there's smoke there's fire. That applies to other clubs aswell Loki.

I would have been happy to see Marchbank, Pickett and Ploughman at the Pies.

Marchbank and Pickett would be very handy. GWS seems to like to just give away players to Carlton for not much but try to make us pay overs. We can't trade our 1st rd pick. I can't see GWS giving him up for pick 23-26 where it looks like we'll be. God knows they won't be keen on any player from our list that we would be willing to part with.

Yes he is another midfielder but Smith is quick, a very good mid and a very good fwd. With reduced interchanges every player is going to need to be a genuine midfielder plus the ability to play back or forward. Smith is exactly that player.

Moore, Cox our 2 tall fwds then everyone else is a mid/fwd that rotates.

haha post a link off the club website with player x saying I'm happy and all is well - nothing to see here.
GWS have a history of not keeping their best talent or high end draft picks. Treloar, Adams, WHE, Marchbank, Pickett, Jacksh, Ahern, McCarthy, it's a very long and deep list of players who've left GWS and that was off the top of my head.

FWIW, he might be happy up their but as you've said in regards to Degoey where there's smoke there's fire. That applies to other clubs aswell Loki.

Haha... Most players don't say they are looking to re-sign by mid season and love it there if they are looking to pull stumps, they leave it open often saying they will look at it at the end of the year.

It's more likely we have enquired which gets leaked and then they put 2 and 2 together with his links to his mates in Treloar, Adams and WHE with the Buckley AiS connection and him as yet not signed.

He then comes out and says - I love it here, speak to those blokes every week and have since they left, want to re-sign by mid season...

Wouldn't mind looking at Taylor Duryea from Hawthorn, Mathew Kennedy from GWS and Harry McKay from Carlton.

Harry McKay is the only Need one there. I would like Kennedy but we have plenty of his Type already

Treloar said the similar thing when we where 1st Linked to Him

He said he loved the club but put off his contract till end of season. That being because he was looking at offers.

If Smith doesn't sign by mid season then I'll start to buy into it, he is actively saying he wants to sign by mid season, there is a difference between that and end of year open statements, as that shuts the door on any potential suitors.

He said he loved the club but put off his contract till end of season. That being because he was looking at offers.

If Smith doesn't sign by mid season then I'll start to buy into it, he is actively saying he wants to sign by mid season, there is a difference between that and end of year open statements, as that shuts the door on any potential suitors.

So with Grundy's Manager Reportedly saying He is waiting to end of the Season. Could that be worth being very worried?

So with Grundy's Manager Reportedly saying He is waiting to end of the Season. Could that be worth being very worried?

Not overly unless we start to hear grumblings that he is unhappy or considering the offers.

I would say Grundy and management would be testing the waters re his market value to maximise his next contract with us.

Clubs are pretty devious when it comes to getting players from another club.
They will up the ante on a player even if they're not interested, (Smith in this instance) so GWS has to pay more to keep him.
This leaves less in the kitty and may result in the player they're actually interested in becoming available.
Don't know if that's the case here, just know that not everything is as it seems.

Haha... Most players don't say they are looking to re-sign by mid season and love it there if they are looking to pull stumps, they leave it open often saying they will look at it at the end of the year.

It's more likely we have enquired which gets leaked and then they put 2 and 2 together with his links to his mates in Treloar, Adams and WHE with the Buckley AiS connection and him as yet not signed.

He then comes out and says - I love it here, speak to those blokes every week and have since they left, want to re-sign by mid season...

I'm not even big on Smith so I wouldn't mind him signing on with GWS but unlike you Loki I guess we differ and I'm a bit more optimistic. Each to their own. Nick Davis comes to mind as one who said he loved it in Melbs and would sign on. There would be many other examples. It's also not like Collingwood to lure GWS talent is it?

One of the things the club has done very well is set us up in a social context to luring GWS talent. Can't call them kids anymore, and a they'll be plenty of FA once they hit the right age and it's only a year or two away for when that happens to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back