Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the big wet has hit the GV over the last 24 hours.(I am the other side of the great divide so only heresay from me) Might change the odd result as the predictable within a game can easily become unpredictable.[/QUOT
Speaking of big bodies ... no big bustling Billy Burstin and no big Jake!

That almost halves the weight of your entire team!!
Yes it will be strange watching the team this year, there will be fellas lighter and smaller than me!

Won a Bendigo league medal also I reckon

I didn't think Nathan won the Bendigo medal, but could be wrong. Won the Grogan (QAFL league medal) up here in 09 and was brilliant at half forward and middle. Even when opposition put a stopper on him, he just seems to be on his own all of the time. Terrific finisher. Been unlucky with Grand Finals - Wang Rovers, Mt Gravatt, Euroa. Would be great to see him grab one. I don't think he'd be moving on from Euroa.

Well if the final six wasn't sorted after round one..it is now. Can't see anyone dislodging Kyabram, Shepparton, Seymour, Rochester, Euroa or Benalla. Probably not great for the league if thats the case. I hope I'm wrong.

Well if the final six wasn't sorted after round one..it is now. Can't see anyone dislodging Kyabram, Shepparton, Seymour, Rochester, Euroa or Benalla. Probably not great for the league if thats the case. I hope I'm wrong.
Maybe a tad premature or perhaps a courageous call Ringo considering only 2 rounds, but time will tell. Reckon Tat maybe a team that gives Benalla a bit of grief for their final's aspirations.

Looking forward to another exhibition by Bannister this week. Big chance to kick double figures this week. I'll say he will kick 10.
Great call 18 with Bannister kicking 9 against Echuca. Thought 4 was going to be a tough task. Looking forward to seeing him play. Sounds like a player who will bring people through the gates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Briggs has lost the support some of the Echuca Board and close to being sacked.

Tat had a great 10 goal win which was great. 2nd on the ladder. I think JR need to maybe need to buy the Ronald Mcdonald Red colour.

I heard Briggs has lost the support some of the Echuca Board and close to being sacked.

Tat had a great 10 goal win which was great. 2nd on the ladder. I think JR need to maybe need to buy the Ronald Mcdonald Red colour.

I wouldn't think that would be right. Pretty sure the Echuca will not be wanting to dismiss their third consecutive coach and especially after losing their thirds coach during the week.

I wouldn't think that would be right. Pretty sure the Echuca will not be wanting to dismiss their third consecutive coach and especially after losing their thirds coach during the week.
Get your resume ready ringo
I'll be a reference if you need me

So shepp still got some improving to do if they want to challenge Ky??
See Davis was their best.. can anyone elaborate on their game last night?

So shepp still got some improving to do if they want to challenge Ky??
See Davis was their best.. can anyone elaborate on their game last night?
Shepp started well winning centre clearances and run and spread. Ky couldn't find a way through their half forward line. After quarter time Ky did what they usually do, put the screws on. Bears had no options once they gained possession from a stop in play and they also found it hard finding targets at half forward. KY's bigger bodies took their toll and in the third quarter really took over. KY's forward pressure saw Bears turn it over 4 times chipping into the front of Kyabram's goals. Zac Norris also started dominating the ruck in a break out game for him against one of the best tap ruckman going around.

Seymour ended up 10 goal winners. Saad with 5. Mahoney very good. But has not much around him.

The numbers in that bottom group are self-selecting ... Swans, United, Mooroopna and Mansfield. It really only leaves Tatura, Benalla (still not convinced about their ability to play finals) and Echuca, to fight out 6th spot.

As ringo says: Kyabram, Seymour, Rochester, Euroa and Shepparton are locks for mine. (In that current order).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back