Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it that, at a time when journalism is probably the worst it's ever been, every ******* journalist has the words "award winning" in front of their name?

There's a campaigner in the WA footy media called Kim Hagdorn who regularly wins awards. Because West Coast regularly feed him information, eg like the Sam Mitchell trade which he 'exclusively broke'. He's been on the drip feed for donkey's years and of course never wrote anything about the drug culture at the Eagles, although he now says "well, we all heard stories back then..."

How is it that, at a time when journalism is probably the worst it's ever been, every ******* journalist has the words "award winning" in front of their name?

Well somebody has to win the awards, don't they? It's like that year David Teague won Carlton's B&F.

There's a campaigner in the WA footy media called Kim Hagdorn who regularly wins awards. Because West Coast regularly feed him information, eg like the Sam Mitchell trade which he 'exclusively broke'. He's been on the drip feed for donkey's years and of course never wrote anything about the drug culture at the Eagles, although he now says "well, we all heard stories back then..."
yeah he just has never shaken up the coaster like Rooch has done with both SA clubs. i have read a couple of articles where he has got stuck into Freo.

I listened to Cornes' interview with Rooch on his Conversations program as I was walking to AO last night and Rooch said that before he went to New York in 1988 or 89, every SANFL club had banned him except for Norwood.

yeah he just has never shaken up the coaster like Rooch has done with both SA clubs. i have read a couple of articles where he has got stuck into Freo.

I listened to Cornes' interview with Rooch on his Conversations program as I was walking to AO last night and Rooch said that before he went to New York in 1988 or 89, every SANFL club had banned him except for Norwood.

I suspect Hagdorn's only real issue with Freo is that they haven't offered him the same terms as the neighbours.

This in general is great.

I love BT as well I just wish he knew who our players were more of the time.
That's the problem, he's unprofessional and sloppy because he doesn't identify players and their numbers. That's the true gift that Cometti has, he knows the names of most if not all players each game and he even comes armed with sensational one liners and word play that he is able to use at the right moments within matches.

That's the problem, he's unprofessional and sloppy because he doesn't identify players and their numbers. That's the true gift that Cometti has, he knows the names of most if not all players each game and he even comes armed with sensational one liners and word play that he is able to use at the right moments within matches.

Yeah case in point below. I feel like Commetti or McAvaney would have known it was his first goal with his first kick, or at least known it was his first game, or at least had any idea who he was:

'Delusions of adequacy' every time a ruck or dinosaur KPP tried to do something athletic is still one of my favourite calls. Come back Dennis.

Now that Brian Taylor has ruined the moment
- Should we start a petition to get Taylor to re-commentate the moment and present Aidyn with at least a clip to keep?
- If Aidyn's nickname is AJ, surely it would now have to be BJ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT is a polarising sort of guy.

I love so much of what he does and his passion for the contest.

Bbut then he lets himself down with lack of preparation and knowledge that "commentary 101" rules would have as a basis for their guidelines, or he makes a silly goofball comment that is out of place and disrespectful.

The thing that disappoints me with the Johnson goal and BT's mistake, surely the news that Johnson was a late inclusion would prompt a commentator to do a quick fact check on the player's number, position, history etc. At the very least know his number and what he looks like.

To miss this on his first kick and goal of his career is pretty terrible work by BT. That's the s**t you're paid for.

Something tells me that he would have known ALL the Carlton youngsters and would have blown a gasket had one of them done something spectacular.

A professional is across all that type of detail. It's called preparation.

You could even forgive someone like Bruce because he covers other sports, but football is all BT does.

Barrett giving Kochies pre season comments another run on the Sunday footy show, and saying he's not reading much into our wins so far this year. What a flog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back