Autopsy Freo smash the Kangas - Never in doubt!

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly what are our chances next week?

Not great, the two teams are at different stages of their development, but I would rather be in our position going forward then WC unless of course they get up this year. WC are quickly heading for that cliff that Freo then Hawthorn and Sydney have found.

Not great, the two teams are at different stages of their development, but I would rather be in our position going forward then WC unless of course they get up this year. WC are quickly heading for that cliff that Freo then Hawthorn and Sydney have found.

We certainly have better talent coming through than they do at the moment.

Lamb over Blakely is still so very, very delicious! ;)

This.
I wanted to say if we scrutinize the videos we'll see that the frees are there. But I'm not sure at all.
The whistle is just that little bit easier, that little bit faster. And I'm frustrated by 2 incidents and i want to know what our boys did.

1. Mundy's off the ball. They reversed a shot at goal for an off the ball incident. That's literally changing the results of the game and the reasons need to be solid. It better not be some soft bump or push on the chest X-(

2. A bunch of players were having a scuffle at the boundary. I see a gut punch by a north on Neale (I think). And the free is given against Sheridan, and not sure what's it's for. The camera is on his back all the time and all I see if him trying to get a north player off Grey. Free kick into the 50 for north.

And speaking of Grey. Everyone is having a free shot at Grey. Not even a talking to.

I'm so glad we won this match. Or else it'll seem like we are just sore losers complaining about the umpiring. But it's just silly bad.
1. It was called for a high hit by Mundy.

2. It was Sheridan who was punched. So the 50 must have been for forcibly contacting a player's fist with his kidneys. It's very serious and can damage hands.

Just caught the 2nd half on AFL replay.

How on earth did we win that one? The way we played in the 1st 3 quarters we should have been 10 goals behind by 3/4 time.

For the second week in a row we have won after only playing one decent quarter. Should be charged by the Police for theft.

Next week if we only play 1 quarter the Egirls will smash us.

Nonetheless a fine comeback by the players. A side that can repeatedly come back from late deficits is one with very high morale and self belief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just caught the 2nd half on AFL replay.

How on earth did we win that one? The way we played in the 1st 3 quarters we should have been 10 goals behind by 3/4 time.

For the second week in a row we have won after only playing one decent quarter. Should be charged by the Police for theft.

Next week if we only play 1 quarter the Egirls will smash us.

Nonetheless a fine comeback by the players. A side that can repeatedly come back from late deficits is one with very high morale and self belief.
In my opinion we were clearly the better side for the whole second half.

Seeing the Roos demoralised at the end of the game reminded me of where we were at the same time last year - shell-shocked, winless, and clearly on the rebuild.
Three times already this season they have choked on games they could've/should've won. Huge tests of character, and those games have been pinched.

Blakely's last quarter (and game in general) very underrated by the commentators, not that I expected much from Baz and Darcy.
Blakley is being handled beautifully by Lyon, and he is responding with some real character building performances. The confidence he must take from going up against the opposition's most dangerous mid in a negating role, then getting a bit of a green light in the second half to contribute positively for the win.

I love how the umps managed to pick a 50 against Freo in that boundary scrap that started with Brady and that weasel McDonald. The cameras focussed on Sheridan for a good minute after effectively placing blame on him but all the replay showed was Sheridan copping a cheap one in the gut.

In my eyes there was another fine touch from the umps who were he'll bent on getting North across the line. In the dying moments about 3 sec before our boy Kersten snapped the winner Neale was on the end of a blatant 2 handed push in the back to the ground by that same douche McDonald but they didn't want a bar of it.

I have watched a few games and that kid has a real attitude problem, always starting s**t. I seem to remember an article about him being in a fist fight in a North training session too.

Sandi is not given the credit he is due league wide. Absolutely smashed the ruck who is considered the best in the league. He absolutely smashed every ruck. Should be a lock for AA. Dominant performance again. If only he got free kicks paid to him that others get he would be even more dominant.

i just rewatched that passage of play, and I still can't figure out what the 50 that gifted north their second goal was for.

0-5 couldn't have happened to a better club.
So because the umpires made an error, * North? Right......

And lets not forget our W/L after 10 rounds only 1 season ago.

So because the umpires made an error, **** North? Right......

And lets not forget our W/L after 10 rounds only 1 season ago.

I was making a comment in relation to the argy bargy they brought to the game last night. Maybe you should ask Brady grey how many times those turds hit him late in an effort to intimidate and get him off his game. They were playing nasty, dirty football.

It's your prerogative if you want to sing kumbayah and say there-there , but I, for one, have no sympathy for them starting 0-5 as their supporters were sinking the boots into us just as hard last year.

I hope they go to 0-11.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back