Review Saints vs Cats review

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol*, pretty sure I wasn't the only one here who watched that last quarter with a hollow feeling? Plainly obvious early that we were going to do that thing where we get run over in the last, and we did. Yay!*

Ultimately, at least we pushed them for 3 quarters. Geelong are still a good team, so nice to know we can keep up with them for a while before we tire.

And we weren't even playing our best 22. Hickey and Stevens were both out with devastating injuries*, so it'll be good when we get them back. What's that you say? Billy is better than Hickey? Go get your head checked :)

Oh and Hawthorn are belting the Eagles rn. So that's nice.

* I laugh and yay. It's my way of coping. Oh and sarcasm. I use that too. We'll bounce back next week, I'm sure. Hawks won't know what hit them.

Disappointing to fall away so much in the last. The boys seemed to lack a bit of composure and went into their shells a bit.

Shows we have a fair way to go still, but we should take a lot of comfort that we are on the right track and our game plan stacks up when executed properly

Just please send dunstan to the VFL where he belongs, BOG average player living off his 1st season promise

Not even a melt everyone realised this for 14 months now

I was at the game and clearly the team wasn't speedy or classy in the middle. I did think the team would run out of legs.

I did feel at the start of Q4, that someone needed to stand up to win the game. Unfortunately, it was Selwood and Dangerfield.

Dunstan had moments...

Michington did well.

Zac Smith was very noticable in Q4 and I thought - where's longer?

Really missed Fisher's intercept marks.

The team looks unfinished.

Three quarters terrific

One quarter terrible and ran out of legs unfortunately

Umpires didn't help but they're not the reason we lost at all.

Minch was fantastic and easily his best saints game to date imo...

Also think we really need to consider trying to fit in Marshall.. we just look so bad when Bruce heads into the ruck.

Goal kicking much better today but some of those sitters we missed absolutely hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

like most others have said, very dissapointed with the blow out in the last quarter.

appalling umpiring or not (what does the team do? walk off the ground in protest like after selwoods embarrassing free kick awarded to him?), geelong were too good

Not the result we all wanted but showed great signs until the last.

Umps and brain fades cost us 4 goals in the first, a more mature side will overcome that.

Once we add a premium mid or two at the end of the year, we won't be being blown away in the centre, which has been the case week in week out.

Ross is a great metaphor for our team as a whole, he's been fantastic for the last 18 months. Once we "click" and go to the next level as a group we'll be very exciting indeed (as he has).

Dunstan is not an AFL mid right now, Koby must come in. Long to go back and develop too.

I'll leave the ruck debate to the rest of you hahah

I can see why the club is excited by Longer. He was really influential early and helped us win many clearances. He is a real competitor in tight also. However, he needs to build that tank. He obviously used all his petrol tickets early and faded out of the game, much like the rest of the team.

This game was almost a carbon copy of the West Coast game. My biggest disappointment was that last year we would always fight these close ones out until the end. Our big blowouts were over from the first bounce usually. A shame that we have seemed so tired in second halves. Too difficult a preseason? I remember Essendon losing a lot of games in the final quarter on the back of a 'really tough pre season' before the drug scandal.

Positives were that we were really good up until about five minutes into the last. Not sure why some are calling it a second half fade out when I thought or third quarter was really good. Jack Steven was good on return, Acres is growing each week and Minch was great. I thought billings showed glimpses and should definitely be backed in. Dunstan can look so good at times, but geez he goes missing. If he was on Selwood then he got a bath. I'd like to see Koby replace him next week. Ben Long looked a little lost today but I think they should give him a third game. Today was Gresh's most disappointing game and he was unusually fumbly, but he will bounce back. Liked Newnes' game and I also really liked how a lot of our midfielders hit the scoreboard. Loved Seb's game. His kick to Newnes inside 50 was insane. More positives than negatives, but frustrating nonetheless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back