List Mgmt. 2017 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, Carlton were rubbish tonight. Quite clear why Carlton want Hopper & Kennedy - entirely unclear why Hopper & Kennedy would choose to go to Carlton! Even though blokes want to maximise their earning power, you still have to enjoy going to work. Not sure guys like Cripps, Murphy, Plowman & Marchbank enjoyed going to work tonight.

Why would hopper, a best 22 player in a flag contender in his home state even want to play for such a rabble of a garbage team?

So you too can experience those horror seasons that your GWS teammates speak about with such fondness...

I'm starting to feel sorry for Sauce, to be honest.

Geez, Carlton were rubbish tonight. Quite clear why Carlton want Hopper & Kennedy - entirely unclear why Hopper & Kennedy would choose to go to Carlton! Even though blokes want to maximise their earning power, you still have to enjoy going to work. Not sure guys like Cripps, Murphy, Plowman & Marchbank enjoyed going to work tonight.
Fielding a very young side at the moment. Over half a dozen teens out there for the Blues. They are going to go through a bit pain for a while yet.

Fielding a very young side at the moment. Over half a dozen teens out there for the Blues. They are going to go through a bit pain for a while yet.
Clearly their not trying to win right now, and developing. In a team struggling to find a path to goal, Palmer plays if you are.

They need to get the right balance though. In the early days, we played the Cornes, Macdonalds & Powers and looked to buy the Heaters & Mummies to stop the kids just getting smashed all the time. We struggled because of a lack of those older/harder players, and yes, when we had weak experienced players like Thornton & O hAilpin they bounced in and out of the team. But Carlton have a few more experienced players that they could play and chose not to do so - and the result is a worse smashing. Anyway, their call.

Considering how large their OOC list is they will have to splash a lot of cash.

I'm sure a lot of clubs would like to take those top 10 draftees off their hands

Geez, Carlton were rubbish tonight. Quite clear why Carlton want Hopper & Kennedy - entirely unclear why Hopper & Kennedy would choose to go to Carlton! Even though blokes want to maximise their earning power, you still have to enjoy going to work. Not sure guys like Cripps, Murphy, Plowman & Marchbank enjoyed going to work tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they will be just fine and they know its part of the process. I'm certain your guys enjoyed their weekly floggings in GWS' formative years too right? Or did they also know its part of the process?

The thing is we had no choice, but rarely left experienced bodies in the twos. Sheeds rotated the younguns and played what experience he had. If the experienced guys failed to support the inexperienced, they would get dropped.

Giant Strides observation was one we copped week in week out early years. Does feel good to have it said about you does it?

Exactly - we had no choice. But Carlton are not naming experienced, hardened bodies who they have a choice about. Including players they have recruited in the last two years - under the beloved SOS - to provide exactly what's missing. If I'm a player being actively pursued by Carlton, I'm looking at how Carlton are going about it and not liking what I'm seeing. I actually liked what Carlton & Bolton were doing last year, but this year they just seem to have taken a different tack - or perhaps it was just the last game where they went a bit overboard on youth.

Contrast Carlton to Brisbane. They have named a bunch of youngsters, after being crap for several years, but have retained enough experience (even in the face of losing experienced players like Hanley Pearce) such as Beams (x2), Robinson, Zorko, Rockliff, Martin, Rich, McStay, Bastinac - and while they will be up & down, they've got a better balance overall IMHO and have been pretty competitive, even in games they've lost this year.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Totally agree- I can't understand why Palmer is in the twos

He will never be a superstar of the game but he is good enough to be a solid afl footballer

Seruously
I think it's a challenge for a coach to play teenagers in a non competitive and not damage their confidence. Most of the guys we've traded are past that point now. For Plowman and Marchbank and Weutering particularly I think a grim determination in defense as they get sick of losing is more likely.

I notice that Briztoon posted a comment on Knightmare's 2017 Draft thread about Harry Himmelberg wanting to move to Brisbane to be closer to his family (Obviously parents, given brother Elliott is in Adelaide).

Just looking at the Brisbane and Gold Coast (as an alternative) lists, I can't see that he'd be any more than depth there - probably even further down than at GWS. But, it's possible that if he's playing NEAFL primarily that he'd want to do it closer to family. Anyone - Raymann you're usually in the know - heard anything from within GWS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Carlton are not naming experienced, hardened bodies who they have a choice about. Including players they have recruited in the last two years - under the beloved SOS - to provide exactly what's missing.
You seem to need an update on Carltons position - Bag us for our choices cool but your facts aren't right. Palmer came in for the Essendon game, had an absolute stinker and then got injured. Polson was the best on ground two vfl games in a row so another young guy got the nod. Here older experienced bodies we aren't playing - Smedts who plays bruise free football and has been out for ages with constant injuries. Jones - Awful. Kerridge - Likely be in the team soon but has been in awful form. Thomas - Injured. Kreuzer - Needed a week off, slight injury. Alex Silvagni - He'd replace Rowe who is a senior body... moot point. Lamb - injured. KJ - pushing for selection but hasn't proved much. So please enlighten me on which senior bodies we could be playing but are choosing not too. The cupboard is bare at Carlton.

I reckon they'll enjoy their work a lot more with an extra $5K going into their bank account each week!

I'm sure that must feel great for a supporter,

Especially when theres no more cheapy trades heading your way.

We will feel great when Hopper is lining up in Navy Blue next year. :D;) You can guys here can call them cheapy trades if you feel like it. The fact is we took the list cloggers and salary dumps off you guys to get the players we wanted and help you guys out. The salary dumps and list cloggers like Palmer, Lamb etc will be off our list soon enough, while the ones we wanted like Plowman, Marchbank and Pickett rack up games for us and help us rebuild.:)

We will feel great when Hopper is lining up in Navy Blue next year. :D;) You can guys here can call them cheapy trades if you feel like it. The fact is we took the list cloggers and salary dumps off you guys to get the players we wanted and help you guys out. The salary dumps and list cloggers like Palmer, Lamb etc will be off our list soon enough, while the ones we wanted like Plowman, Marchbank and Pickett rack up games for us and help us rebuild.:)

You get Hopper? Hmmm cant see it to be honest. Best 22 and a NSWelshman in a contender.

Why leave to, ummm, Giants NeAFL edition trading as Carlton?

Unless you godfather a deal to him (which is possible I grant) he wont go.

He might just be young enough to be around for your next finals tilt!

He might just be young enough to be around for your next finals tilt!

You're right. He'll be about 23 in 2020. About when we hit the top 8. He'll have about 40 odd games under his belt for us by 2020. Thanks for giving him a leg up in his development. Much appreciated. But we'll take over his development in 2018. Thanks all the same. ;):D

For a gun young footballer playing in front of a crowd >9000 people would also be an attraction!!!
That doesn't fly with most our guys mate. Look at Shiel, Scully, Patton, Cameron...ok I'll stop there. You get the point. Only Treloar has gone chasing the the big crowds in addition to big dollars.

It is all desparate and wishful thinking.

You seem to need an update on Carltons position - Bag us for our choices cool but your facts aren't right. Palmer came in for the Essendon game, had an absolute stinker and then got injured. Polson was the best on ground two vfl games in a row so another young guy got the nod. Here older experienced bodies we aren't playing - Smedts who plays bruise free football and has been out for ages with constant injuries. Jones - Awful. Kerridge - Likely be in the team soon but has been in awful form. Thomas - Injured. Kreuzer - Needed a week off, slight injury. Alex Silvagni - He'd replace Rowe who is a senior body... moot point. Lamb - injured. KJ - pushing for selection but hasn't proved much. So please enlighten me on which senior bodies we could be playing but are choosing not too. The cupboard is bare at Carlton.
Graham?

You're right. He'll be about 23 in 2020. About when we hit the top 8. He'll have about 40 odd games under his belt for us by 2020. Thanks for giving him a leg up in his development. Much appreciated. But we'll take over his development in 2018. Thanks all the same. ;):D
It's a little sad so many Carlton supporters need this type of chat to get your jollies. Talking as though these fantasies are already a reality to try and fire up opposition supporters are pretty cheap thrills imo.

I suppose maybe if your football was better on the field you would have better things to talk about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back