Autopsy Freo smash the Kangas - Never in doubt!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandi is not given the credit he is due league wide. Absolutely smashed the ruck who is considered the best in the league. He absolutely smashed every ruck. Should be a lock for AA. Dominant performance again. If only he got free kicks paid to him that others get he would be even more dominant.

Not only did Sandilands pants Goldstein in the ruck contests, he ran Goldstein to the ground till he cramped up in the 4th. So much for being too old.

Depends on if Hill can get up. It would take a mighty effort from the lads.

Let's be honest - West Coast are far from impressive so far this season. I see them in the bottom half of the top 8 behind Adelaide, GWS, Western Bulldogs and Geelong, and alongside Port and Richmond.

Only notable victories against North (0-5) and Sydney (0-5). Have not beaten a current top 8 side. They fell over the line against St Kilda (home) half way through the final quarter and lost to Richmond away.

Possibly no Mitchell as well which weakens their midfield.

I was making a comment in relation to the argy bargy they brought to the game last night. Maybe you should ask Brady grey how many times those turds hit him late in an effort to intimidate and get him off his game. They were playing nasty, dirty football.

It's your prerogative if you want to sing kumbayah and say there-there , but I, for one, have no sympathy for them starting 0-5 as their supporters were sinking the boots into us just as hard last year.

I hope they go to 0-11.

I kind of agree with you.
I thought I disliked North because of Harvey, the lying little weasel.
But they have a new unlikeable player. Simpkin gave Sheridan a cheap shot to the ribs during the first quarter - and North got a 50 for it. In the second quarter he collapsed at the knees to draw a high contact free kick. If a kid is playing for frees like that in his first handful of games, imagine how bad he'll be in a few seasons.

Brady Grey had a bit to say about how North players behaved in the game in his post match interview:
http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2017-04-22/back-to-basics-grey
Looks like it got edited overnight. But I'm sure he said something like we knew North were going to target our young guys and they did, and we weren't going to stand for it. Can anyone else confirm?

Not only did Sandilands pants Goldstein in the ruck contests, he ran Goldstein to the ground till he cramped up in the 4th. So much for being too old.

Yep he made Goldstein look old at times last night. Now teams don't have a second player coming to jump over Sandi at every stoppage he is completely dominant. Looking forward to more taps to the outside. There have been a few this season that if not for a fumble or bad bounce would have led to fast attacking moves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You stop Kennedy by beating their midfield. He, like most key forwards relies so much on quality delivery.
That would be the other half. You want to win the midfield obviously. Kennedy was the Coleman medalist last year with 82 goals. He managed that in a team with an average midfield. The West Coast midfield is rated 9th by Champion Data.

Last edited:
Err... Goldstein went off with an ankle injury. He also had more possessions and a goal.

That would be the other half. You want to win the midfield obviously. Kennedy was the Coleman medalist last year with 82 goals. He managed that in a team with an average midfield. The West Coast midfield is rated 9th by Champion Data.

What is freo's rated ??

I just know you'll come up with a stat to disprove this but surely he got 80% of those goals when their midfield was dominating down the slopes of Domain.

I mean just a terrible skills night but man oh man, the grit and determination just to get over the line was outstanding by a few players. Ill take the 4 points.
Yes so true. our skills and decision making were appalling BUT we found a way to win. Once again Fyfe & Mundy in 2nd half are really standing up as leaders.

RTB keep the faith in the kids - a Wderby is just the ticket to continue there education.

You have to give Goldstein more credit. He would have been more influential if he is playing other lesser ruckman.
Watch the replay of last weeks North yesterday game, he pretty impressive in that game, so Sandil surely did a good job. His best game of the season for me...

Haven't watched a replay yet, and Goldstein wasn't that badly injured (he came back on and looked OK) and it was quite late too - so can't put too much on that.

In any case, I think 211 had a good game, is continuing to build after a bog ordinary start to the year - but (raw tap outs aside) thought Goldstein wasn't beaten as many are saying around here seem to suggest. Would give it to Goldstein myself ... but again, my first viewing of the game was very distracted trying to get dinner ready and the rest. I reserve my right to completely change my view of Sandi's game once I get to the replay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back