Autopsy Freo smash the Kangas - Never in doubt!

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't watched a replay yet, and Goldstein wasn't that badly injured (he came back on and looked OK) and it was quite late too - so can't put too much on that.

In any case, I think 211 had a good game, is continuing to build after a bog ordinary start to the year - but (raw tap outs aside) thought Goldstein wasn't beaten as many are saying around here seem to suggest. Would give it to Goldstein myself ... but again, my first viewing of the game was very distracted trying to get dinner ready and the rest. I reserve my right to completely change my view of Sandi's game once I get to the replay.

Think Sandy was getting on top in the last quarter before Goldstein was injured. It helps when the midfield starts winning clearances off a dominant ruckman, but I saw a stat at one point late in the game where Sandi's hitouts to advantage blew out in the 2nd half compared to a minimal advantage in the first half. (Incidentally, in the TV coverage, you see some discussion with the midfield group at the end of 3/4 time - lead by Mundy about how to set up for the last quarter - which seemed to match the hand signal instructions he was giving).

It seemed a bit like a reverse of last years game in Round 5 when Griffin (and Freo) hung in for 3 quarters and in the last quarter Goldstein tapped everything down to advantage of their midfielders and they rolled us.

Last edited:
So in the Bennell thread i offered my calves to Bennell advertising them to be in good condition and well rested. Well... in my overzealous celebration of Kersten's goal I began a series of rapid, well directed (completely unco) karate kicks and some how injured my calf.

Totally worth it!!

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Only minor disappointment is the crowd - after an awesome two weeks and new sense of energy and vitality surrounding the club there was no reason we shouldn't have cracked 37-38k for the annual Len Hall classic. I guess it's 5k more than the Bullies match but I reckon we could be doing a lot better.

you should've seen the look on McInerney's face when he had to give the "all clear" to Kerstin's goal. Looked like a bloke that had just backed the wrong horse at the finish of a race!
Not as good as this bloke's face.
18057036_313668385717653_5801577201268099079_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Match review panel must be rubbing their hands together adding up all the dollars in fines after this game and NM worried about how many weeks Hanson gets.

Lachlan Hansen, North Melbourne, has been charged with striking Brady Grey, Fremantle, during the fourth quarter of the Round Five match between North Melbourne and Fremantle, played at Domain Stadium on Saturday April 22, 2017.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Fremantle Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the head. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacts the penalty. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1000 sanction.
No melee fines (interestingly).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-24/match-review-panel-full-statement-round-five

Only minor disappointment is the crowd - after an awesome two weeks and new sense of energy and vitality surrounding the club there was no reason we shouldn't have cracked 37-38k for the annual Len Hall classic. I guess it's 5k more than the Bullies match but I reckon we could be doing a lot better.

It's going to take a while to recover from a 4 win season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back