Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad always speaks well and in articulate manner when interviewed. Non North fans will listen and think "this guy is smart, switched on, knows his stuff, speaks well blah blah...." Some North fans will listen, roll their eyes and think "this guy is talking s**t again". The one stat that has stood out for me re Scott the past few days is the winning only 5 of 18 games decided by under a goal. Surely his coaching methods require greater scrutiny over this. It's not just luck that we stuff things up so often.

No we didn't.

Someone leaked the info, the club has never really spoken on it.

We've been in Kellys ear for close to 3 years.

The Kelly bit I did find interesting. It's pretty obvious that Brad has his hands all over that move and he looked pretty comfortable with where it's at to my untrained underslept half cockeyed eye.

Never going to get much from footy classified. Highlight were Barrett taking another dive. Info that we tried to trade into the mini draft. And that brad will step aside if asked.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Interesting that we tried to trade into the mini draft.

There was two iirc.

Edit:
O'meara/crouch
Hogan/martin

I'm assuming Kelly was in the 2nd lot. We would have had an interesting call to make if it came down to Kelly v hogan at the time!

Remember Pykie being all over hogan as a junior

Well batted by Brad when asked if he's in for the long haul.

Says he's in it for the long haul, but if they club decides he's ever not up to it and someone else can do it better would step aside no questions asked. Club comes above personal wants.
People would do well to pay attention.

Assuming list management discussions in 2016 suggested a targeted cleanout and focus on youth development. You would think the club would then consider who is best positioned to coach through this transition. I'm thinking Scott will be safe providing the team continues to show it is developing. The definition of development will be more contentious outside of the inner sanctum.

Interesting that we tried to trade into the mini draft.

There was two iirc.

Edit:
O'meara/crouch
Hogan/martin

I'm assuming Kelly was in the 2nd lot. We would have had an interesting call to make if it came down to Kelly v hogan at the time!

Remember Pykie being all over hogan as a junior
That'd still be an interesting choice. Naturally I'd choose Kelly but i wonder what everyone else would go with?! If Hogan fixed up a few mental things he could be a star of the competition and good KPP's don't grow on trees (loogie did). I'd need an neutral opinion because in my mind larkey, mckay, and daw will turn into 50+ goal a season players so hogan wouldn't be needed, whereas kellly is just what the doctor ordered.

Yeh, I said this at the time but if you watch the behind the view vision, you could clearly see Cunners just standing outside the 50 arc instead of bolting in to try and help. Once again, it is our leaders letting us down.

And Ziebell also not sprinting into the backline but also s**t coaching setups from centre bounce. Lets have a spare player with a few minutes left run from centre half back into the square playing an attacking game when we needed a spare player in the backline to defend. Coaching logic...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Ziebell also not sprinting into the backline but also s**t coaching setups from centre bounce. Lets have a spare player with a few minutes left run from centre half back into the square playing an attacking game when we needed a spare player in the backline to defend. Coaching logic...
And Scott said last night it was easier to teach defensive methods than attacking ones. Well, where were they?

we have a rookie coach.

Yeh, I said this at the time but if you watch the behind the view vision, you could clearly see Cunners just standing outside the 50 arc instead of bolting in to try and help. Once again, it is our leaders letting us down.
I liked it, but I don't like it at all. Those two in particular - top 10 picks, given the inside running to develop as senior footballers and go and far and fast as their talent could take them, and with plenty of experience in games and training drills - should know what to do in situations like this. There's not much you can do as a coach from the sidelines with a minute or so to go, but you shouldn't have to with these kind of players on the field. I know Jack was injured on the night, but he was out there on two legs and with a voice - the captain's voice - to make things happen for the team.

And it's happened way too often to console yourself thinking they'll learn from it. Over and over again, switching off before the game is finished. Un-Shinboner-like.

Here's the thing. If we were Geelong/Hawthorn/Sydney then the coach wouldn't need to be telling the player what to do. It would be automatic that player X would hover around 40-50 out instead of charging forward, or that a defensive leader would have a word in his ear advising as such. This type of response is what Scott has said he is looking for for years. Some of our blokes, specifically our leaders, need to take a good hard look at themselves and what it is they want to achieve and what kind of imprint they want to leave on the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back