Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season Hodge got pissed, slept in missed training then a game and is the cause of the Hawks dropping into the abyss. When did this penny drop?:rolleyes:
Yep, you're 100% correct.

Luke Hodge wasted his talent. He just never knuckled down. Thought he was too clever by half and never listened to any of his coaches. Just kept on drinking, taking drugs and staying out late with his mates. To this day, Hawthorn regrets selecting him with the number one draft pick in 2001. If only we'd selected Chris Judd instead, then maybe we would've won some silverware.

:rolleyes::thumbsu:

How about go back to the Hawthorn board? I really cbf'd discussing the qualities of Luke Hodge in here.
Fair enough (except I avoid the Hawk board)

I just replied to a comment I saw on here. I was amused by the comparison between Hodge and Bennell and claims of hypocrisy. It's ridiculous. Both players got a foot up the arse early in their careers, but they seem to have taken different paths.

Let's hope we see the best of Harley Bennell at some stage. He is a beautiful player to watch in full flight. :thumbsu:

This is an elbow:
1492507343436.jpg
Reckon Mitchell will be brave enough to play in the Derby? Since your snipers have been separated, life is just not the same for them. Jordan who enjoyed a good rest at Hawthorn for playing filthy, now is being blamed for costing Melbourne games and maybe their season. Hodge has become the hunted without his protective circle and Mitchell is now fair game. Who at west coast is going to rush in to defend him after all?

Reckon Mitchell will be brave enough to play in the Derby? Since your snipers have been separated, life is just not the same for them. Jordan who enjoyed a good rest at Hawthorn for playing filthy, now is being blamed for costing Melbourne games and maybe their season. Hodge has become the hunted without his protective circle and Mitchell is now fair game. Who at west coast is going to rush in to defend him after all?
When you post about Mitchell & "Hawthorn snipers", do you actually believe it? Beyond the petty trolling childishness of Big Footy, that is.... I mean in real life, do you actually think Hawthorn players do dirty s**t that no other clubs do? Or is your entire AFL experience viewed through the prism of Big Footy and biased media ??

I sometimes find it difficult to know when people are being serious or taking the piss on these boards.

e.g.. "Mitchell is NOW fair game..."

As though he hasn't been belted, scragged and beaten up for his ENTIRE career...

Do you watch much footy?

When you post about Mitchell & "Hawthorn snipers", do you actually believe it? Beyond the petty trolling childishness of Big Footy, that is.... I mean in real life, do you actually think Hawthorn players do dirty s**t that no other clubs do? Or is your entire AFL experience viewed through the prism of Big Footy and biased media ??

I sometimes find it difficult to know when people are being serious or taking the piss on these boards.

As though he hasn't been belted, scragged and beaten up for his ENTIRE career...

Do you watch much footy?
I'm being deadly serious. Not only am I an avid footy viewer but I also keep a close eye on injuries incurred by foul play and the reports as a consequence of said foul play. Hawthorn are notorious for being reported. Last season is testament to this fact. It's empirical data. It's got nothing to do with fancies and prisms.

Do you watch much footy?

Mitchell is a known sniper, get over your self.

Mitchell is a known sniper, get over your self.
Get over myself? Sounds like a few of you Freo fans need to get over yourselves.:rolleyes:

Do you think I give a rat's arse that your star player has sniped a few Hawks over the years?

(King-hitting Lewis behind the play)

Good stuff from Fyfe! He knocked both of them rotten.

I liked it when Fyfe bashed Duryea and then went for Mitchell and copped a knee. Take no prisoners football. Good stuff. Footy is better when players niggle, belt one another and dish out sly cheap shots. It shows they're playing for keeps. Old school gladiators. Not the gloried basketball/soccer which many games have been reduced to.

I think it's funny the way people try to troll me (and other Hawk fans) about snipers, etc. You've got the wrong person, mate. I enjoy the biffo. Bring it on. Blokes like Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis were all the more valuable because they were hard and tough (and some would say dirty.) I'd much rather have warriors like that than cleanskins like Nick Riewoldt and Bob Murphy.

(To me, it's funny how they've been portrayed as villains by the media. If you open your eyes and don't rely on commentators, you can see the niggle & cheap shots occurring everywhere around the ground)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the Freo board, or the Hawk fans are tossers board?
I was reading another board when I saw an alert that Armpit had replied to a post of mine.
I didn't even realise it was the Freo board until after I replied back.

I'll leave now and won't post here anymore. It's all bit precious in club forum land. I have no desire to upset anyone
armpit , salim malik if you wish to continue our discussion on snipers, just send me a PM, cheers..:thumbsu:

Get over myself? Sounds like a few of you Freo fans need to get over yourselves.:rolleyes:

Do you think I give a rat's arse that your star player has sniped a few Hawks over the years?

(King-hitting Lewis behind the play)

Good stuff from Fyfe! He knocked both of them rotten.

I liked it when Fyfe bashed Duryea and then went for Mitchell and copped a knee. Take no prisoners football. Good stuff. Footy is better when players niggle, belt one another and dish out sly cheap shots. It shows they're playing for keeps. Old school gladiators. Not the gloried basketball/soccer which many games have been reduced to.

I think it's funny the way people try to troll me (and other Hawk fans) about snipers, etc. You've got the wrong person, mate. I enjoy the biffo. Bring it on. Blokes like Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis were all the more valuable because they were hard and tough (and some would say dirty.) I'd much rather have warriors like that than cleanskins like Nick Riewoldt and Bob Murphy.

(To me, it's funny how they've been portrayed as villains by the media. If you open your eyes and don't rely on commentators, you can see the niggle & cheap shots occurring everywhere around the ground)

Mitchell's a low life sniper ,like I said get over your self. Me thinks you protest to much .:rolleyes: Do you really think any one on our board gives a flying fart what you think. ;)

I actually just heard a whistle over the crowd late in this period but the ump took so long to think about what free he could manufacture for North, that Kersten had already kicked a goal and by then it was too late.
How Neale got away with shoving McDonald's hands using his back I have no idea. Surprised the umpires haven't reviewed that and apologised to North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back