Irving Mosquito, we hardly knew ye: Essendon bid and Hawthorn passes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHANGKOUTH JIATH

MID-FWD | 186CM | GIPPSLAND POWER | 13/06/99

The man they call “CJ” has played numerous roles throughout the preseason, including ruck last week, but started this game as an inside midfielder. It took him a little while to get into the game like most Power players, but three consecutive strong intercept marks at half forward during the second quarter got him going. He has some serious athletic attributes and appears to be a barometer for his team. He is so dangerous offensively, but is just as committed when it is his turn to defend. He has x-factor and will be a favourite for many throughout the year.

Does anyone know if this kid who looks/seems to be of African descent is also on our radar?
My understanding is that he was training with us and in our Next Gen academy

My understanding is that he was training with us and in our Next Gen academy
Cheers MrPrem.

Man I can just see the haters lining up & kicking up a huge stink if this Gippsland Academy takes off by any chance. Fingers crossed...hehehehe

CHANGKOUTH JIATH Does anyone know if this kid who looks/seems to be of African descent is also on our radar?
360219_61cdd758fa8998245a334d52992b3368.png

I'd say fair bet he is. (South Sudanese via Ethiopia)

We really should have either a sticky Hawthorn Academy thread with the known three (CJ, Olango and Mosquito) or have a Welcome to Hawthorn CJ thread for him like Irving and Olango, particularly since CJ appears to be the most likely to go in the main draft this year to us (assuming Olango will be a rookie type pick).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is there any official club notice that Irvinh is tied to Hawthorn in some way?

Or is it just a Big Footy thing?

This guy knows:
He's part of the hawks indigenous/multicultural academy. I don't understand all the ins and outs, but I think he is tied to the hawks in the same way GWS academy kids are to GWS.

How does our academy work again? He's from our SE Vic zone, right?

Was he born overseas or does just coming from a non-Anglo background qualify him?

Does his family live here or are we potentially going to have another alternate pathways player get homesick and leave?

How does our academy work again? He's from our SE Vic zone, right?

Was he born overseas or does just coming from a non-Anglo background qualify him?

Does his family live here or are we potentially going to have another alternate pathways player get homesick and leave?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/93db00da3df2bb7fd1b7081c01b8a598

Mosquito grew up in the northern Western Australian town of Hall’s Creek – more than 2500km north of Perth – and his family are highly respected in the area. At age 11 he was taught by Mick and Shane Roberts, who became his guardians and brought him back to their home in Gippsland at Briagolong, 30 minutes north of Sale. He now attends Gippsland Grammar on a scholarship and plays with Gippsland Power where regional manager Peter Francis has taken pleasure in his progress.

“He is a delightful, respectful boy with a ready smile,” Francis said. “As a footballer he reminds me a bit of Michael Long, being very, very quick (2.80sec for 20m, 53sec at age 15 for 400m) and being capable of taking a really good mark (he stands 180cm)."

“His parent still live at Hall’s Creek and Irving is going back up there in a couple of weeks. I suppose his story is similar to Anthony Tipungwuti.”

Sorry to isolate this one purely in Irvinh's thread - but if we liked all 3 of Olango, Mosquito and Jiath and were keen to onboard all 3 - what are our chances of getting all of them with our current draft picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back