14 S Hill
14 Fyfe
13 B Hill
6 Taberner
4 Hamling
4 Johnson
4 Blakely
2 Weller

Hill's game was clearly far more complete than Cockatoo's, but Cockie had some great moments at key points of time. For the position he played, he had a good game.

What is interesting is that, by my quick maths, Danger only received the votes (4) from the one coach. One rated him 2nd BOG the other, out of the best. Similar with either Duncan or Selwood, one of them got the full 5 from one coach and nothing from the other?

I guess that tells you how even a performance it was.

Last edited:
MELBOURNE v FREMANTLE
10 Lachie Neale (Frem)
7 David Mundy (Frem)
4 Nat Fyfe (Frem)
3 Clayton Oliver (Melb)
2 Connor Blakely (Frem)
2 Lachie Weller (Frem)
1 Christian Petracca (Melb)
1 Christian Salem (Melb)

Neale - 5/5
Mundy - 4/3
Fyfe - 0/4
Oliver - 3/0
Blakely - 2/0
Weller - 0/2
Petracca - 1/0
Salem 0/1

MELBOURNE v FREMANTLE
10 Lachie Neale (Frem)
7 David Mundy (Frem)
4 Nat Fyfe (Frem)
3 Clayton Oliver (Melb)
2 Connor Blakely (Frem)
2 Lachie Weller (Frem)
1 Christian Petracca (Melb)
1 Christian Salem (Melb)

Neale - 5/5
Mundy - 4/3
Fyfe - 0/4
Oliver - 3/0
Blakely - 2/0
Weller - 0/2
Petracca - 1/0
Salem 0/1
Get in those votes you beautiful rooster!

AFLCA LEADERBOARD
24 Ollie Wines (PA)
23 Dustin Martin (Rich)
23 Rory Sloane (Adel)
21 Joel Selwood (Geel)
21 Elliot Yeo (WC)
20 Clayton Oliver (Melb)
20 Luke Shuey (WC)
19 Patrick Dangerfield (Geel)
19 Marc Murphy (Carl)
18 Trent Cotchin (Rich)
18 Zach Merrett (Ess)
18 Taylor Walker (Adel)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprising that Sandi hasn't had a single vote yet we are #1 in the comp for hitouts, hitouts to advantage and hitout differential

Surprising that Sandi hasn't had a single vote yet we are #1 in the comp for hitouts, hitouts to advantage and hitout differential

Not really. The coaches generally seem to favour players that win their position and perform well in all areas of their game/role. The opposition ruckman has played well around the ground so far this year and beaten Sandi quite a bit in that area. He hasn't helped himself by making some classic f*** ups either.

Last edited:
Not really. The coaches generally seem to favour players that win their position and perform well in all areas of their game/role. The opposition ruckman has played well around the ground so far this year and beaten Sandi quite a bit. He hasn't helped himself by making some classic f*** ups either.

Fyfe has his fair share of classic * ups

So do a lot of players but they may still end up winning their position despite that. I don't think Sandi has clearly won his position yet this year.
Agreed. He's had an ok year, not that good but not bad. Thought he was s**t against Melbourne, took two good marks in the last, realistically Spencer did an extremely good job on him and positioned better when pushing forward too.

Round 5 Leaderboard

33 Rory Sloane (Adel)
31 Joel Selwood (Geel)
29 Ollie Wines (PA)
25 Dustin Martin (Rich)
25 Clayton Oliver (Melb)
23 Zach Merrett (Ess)
21 Luke Shuey (WC)
21 Elliot Yeo (WC)
20 Patrick Dangerfield (Geel)
20 Robbie Gray (PA)
20 David Mundy (Frem)

Fremantle Tally
20 Mundy
14 S Hill
14 Fyfe
10 Neale
4 Hamling
4 Johnson
3 B Hill
2 Blakely
2 Weller

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-26/aflca-votes-round-five-resurgent-dockers-perfect-score

FREMANTLE v NORTH MELBOURNE
10 David Mundy (Frem)
4 Nat Fyfe (Frem)
4 Michael Johnson (Frem)
3 Ben Cunnington (NM)
3 Stephen Hill (Frem)
2 Trent Dumont (NM)
2 Jamie Macmillan (NM)
2 Marley Williams (NM)

Mundy tops the votes this round

Interesting that Mundy was comfortably and unanimously considered BOG by the coaches. I thought so too myself but going through our votes at the moment (will put them up bit later), he's picked up votes, but others (Hill, Sandi, Hamling) seem to have drawn more of our attention. I thought Mundy's performance was by far the most even across the 4 quarters and pivotal to the final quarter push.

EDIT: And thanks for putting this up FLeo. Helps with lazy buggers like myself keep track of such things. :)

EDIT2: Actually Mundy didn't do as badly as I thought in our voting that first glance suggested, but still ...

Last edited:
Two weeks in a row Fyfe has had 4 votes from one coach, zero votes from the other. Does Ross think Fyfe is not as good as he seems?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back