katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
i was recently re-reading 1984 for boredom over easter, found this provoking passage from it:

‘What are the stars?’ said O’Brien indifferently. ‘They are bits of fire a few kilometres away. We could reach them if we wanted to. Or we could blot them out. The earth is the centre of the universe. The sun and the stars go round it.’ Winston made another convulsive movement. This time he did not say anything. O’Brien continued as though answering a spoken objection: ‘For certain purposes, of course, that is not true. When we navigate the ocean, or when we predict an eclipse, we often find it convenient to assume that the earth goes round the sun and that the stars are millions upon millions of kilometres away. But what of it? Do you suppose it is beyond us to produce a dual system of astronomy? The stars can be near or distant, according as we need them. Do you suppose our mathematicians are unequal to that? Have you forgotten doublethink?’

that book is full of lessons. i think the lesson here is not that the stars are near or far or made fire or 'nuclear explosions' or whatever, but that the stars are whatever people are told that they are. the average person will accept a belief without ever seeing any evidence provided that's what they're 'taught' in 'schools'.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
i was recently re-reading 1984 for boredom over easter, found this really provoking passage from it:

that book is full of lessons. i think the lesson here is not that the stars are near or far or made fire or 'nuclear explosions' or whatever, but that the stars are whatever people are told that they are. the average person will accept a belief without ever seeing any evidence provided that's what they're 'taught' in 'schools'.
Great quote! It's the biggest secret and joke on humanity.

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Great quote! It's the biggest secret and joke on humanity.
that whole passage between winston and o'brien is brilliant - it leads up to the very famous 'boot on face' quip - but i prefer this:

‘But the world itself is only a speck of dust. And man is tiny—helpless! How long has he been in existence? For millions of years the earth was uninhabited.’

‘Nonsense. The earth is as old as we are, no older. How could it be older? Nothing exists except through human consciousness.’

‘But the rocks are full of the bones of extinct animals— mammoths and mastodons and enormous reptiles which lived here long before man was ever heard of.’

‘Have you ever seen those bones, Winston? Of course not. Nineteenth-century biologists invented them. Before man there was nothing. After man, if he could come to an end, there would be nothing. Outside man there is nothing

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
that whole passage between winston and o'brien is brilliant - it leads up to the very famous 'boot on face' quip - but i prefer this:
That is so true. It's amazing how so many billions of people have shat on the Bible in recent decades especially, but more and more during these times, of flat earth society growing, nasa fakery more exposed, mandela effect, CERN shenanigans, end times, etc....that the Bible is holding up. There's still to repent and accept Jesus into your hearts, Athiests. And realize you were wrong, science is wrong/fraudulent. You've all been had.

18157508_1130747760370593_296720707927445033_n.jpg

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So,we still can't prove the earth is round I see.

I'm also not sure people are finding the constant use of the word pseudoscience as insulting as the science heads would wish.
We need to look outside traditional science for two simple reasons...
-It can't find all the answers to many of the complicated questions.
-It's full of frauds,more interested in protecting their own standing in a fraudulent industry and more interested in creating and maintaining fraudulently acquired funding.

If science even had the slightest clue it would be moving mankind in a positive direction,but everything they preach is anti.
They're getting found out and not before good time,lie after lie after lie.
To admire a man like Albert Einstein, who was not only your traditional scientific fraud but nothing more than an uneducated,simple minded thief pretty much says it all really.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
So,we still can't prove the earth is round I see.

I'm also not sure people are finding the constant use of the word pseudoscience as insulting as the science heads would wish.
We need to look outside traditional science for two simple reasons...
-It can't find all the answers to many of the complicated questions.
-It's full of frauds,more interested in protecting their own standing in a fraudulent industry and more interested in creating and maintaining fraudulently acquired funding.

If science even had the slightest clue it would be moving mankind in a positive direction,but everything they preach is anti.
They're getting found out and not before good time,lie after lie after lie.
To admire a man like Albert Einstein, who was not only your traditional scientific fraud but nothing more than an uneducated,simple minded thief pretty much says it all really.

There is plenty of proof the earth is round, and very little to prove it's flat, beyond the most inaccurate and wilfully misleading forms of investigation and analysis (that don't actually even try to do any analysis).

There has yet to be any decent explanation for universal acceleration, or repulsion theory, or how stars are powered in a scenario without gravity. No explanation for how the earth formed into a flat disc, no explanation for the mythical ice wall nor how it's been concealed for centuries, no explanation of any satisfaction for why a conspiracy to hide a flat earth even exists, beyond the vaguest of allusions about funding it would seem. I wonder how much money flat earth proponents get from peddling their snake oil to the unwitting who swallow it?

Big Cox 88

Cancelled
Low Carb High Fat - Acolyte
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
Where's the Himalayas, The Alps & The Marianna trench?
Optical illusions ;) fish eye lens/scientific cover up

Seriously though, can flat Earthers explain plate techtonics which create these mountain ranges and trenches in the ocean and lead to Earthquakes and eruptions of magma from the spherical Earth's core?

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
Optical illusions ;) fish eye lens/scientific cover up

Seriously though, can flat Earthers explain plate techtonics which create these mountain ranges and trenches in the ocean and lead to Earthquakes and eruptions of magma from the spherical Earth's core?

Probably not. They prefer vague attacks on science, which is a corrupt entity bent on misleading the human race. All of our medicine, roads, electricity, and every last article of technology at our disposal, is a lie.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
When you globers say "flat earth" you must think flat means THIN. A flat earth is actually more like the shape of say a deflated oval football. The actual rock. And like hundreds of miles thick. It's just got no curvature of a globe. And is stationary, geocentric too.
Well given there are competing flat earth models, I guess it depends on which one you give most credence to.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
There has yet to be any decent explanation for universal acceleration, or repulsion theory, or how stars are powered in a scenario without gravity.
the problem is that your model for 'universal acceleration' is by its own admission incomplete. and your model for gravity (and the stars in the sky therefore) is predicated on the laughable cavendish experiments.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
the problem is that your model for 'universal acceleration' is by its own admission incomplete. and your model for gravity (and the stars in the sky therefore) is predicated on the laughable cavendish experiments.
It isn't 'my' model for UA. It's models put forth by the scientifically ignorant. Gravity on the other hand has decades of research backing it up.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

NEGAN

Premium Gold
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They know once gravity crumbles the whole premise crumbles.

Gravity has its holes like the big bang, they know it some here know it.

Can anyone challenge it? ...nope.

Back