Upper Murray 2015

Footsball

Debutant
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Would you go on reputation or coaching record? Because both coaching records aren't that good. Why not a past premiership coach like the tdfl and Hume league?

Beer Pig

Debutant
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Either of those would go well as they would know most players in the Comp is the only reason I suggested those two.

Premiership coaches; Molkington, Lezius and Oneil all moved on, I couldn't see league coach someone not involved currently.

Currently P Dean as he come from highest level

Relton7

Rookie
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
What league are they supposed to be playing? 18 a side one would assume? Still have nightmares from past experiences when forced to play junior representative football for the UMFL..., Some character building days.

Footsball

Debutant
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Premiership coaches; Molkington, Lezius and Oneil all moved on, I couldn't see league coach someone not involved currently.

Currently P Dean as he come from highest level

That's true. What about Deery or Ried? Both coached sides to grand finals, one won one. Both still involved at there clubs. Definitely have dean involved.

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tips for this week
Tumba by 21pts over walwa
Corryong by 42pts over bullioh
Cudgie by 57pts over federal
Omeo an district would be the league to play

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
How has the new Coach responded to a couple of early losses Old Kenny? What's the vibe like around the place?
Going ok rip. Will play what I think will be the top 3 teams first up so at least we know where we have to get. Our biggest plus for the year will be the ex local players that we have recruited. Probably makes for a tighter knit group with them knowing how the place operates. Weren't far off on Saturday in my opinion.

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Going ok rip. Will play what I think will be the top 3 teams first up so at least we know where we have to get. Our biggest plus for the year will be the ex local players that we have recruited. Probably makes for a tighter knit group with them knowing how the place operates. Weren't far off on Saturday in my opinion.
Good win by your boys on the weekend after B/W were talked up as Big improvers Old Kenny

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
Good win by your boys on the weekend after B/W were talked up as Big improvers Old Kenny
Was a good win rip. They really had all the play in the 2nd term and could have had the lead at half time with better accuracy. We came good after half time and played some free flowing football. Game was a bit spiteful at times from both sides. There won't be a lot between 3rd and 5th on the ladder with the top 2 being a fair bit better and tumba being a little bit behind. ( but not much) . Are we the only ones left on this site rip? It's bloody quiet on here lately. Maybe no one gives a s**t about the good old upper Murray anymore.

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Was a good win rip. They really had all the play in the 2nd term and could have had the lead at half time with better accuracy. We came good after half time and played some free flowing football. Game was a bit spiteful at times from both sides. There won't be a lot between 3rd and 5th on the ladder with the top 2 being a fair bit better and tumba being a little bit behind. ( but not much) . Are we the only ones left on this site rip? It's bloody quiet on here lately. Maybe no one gives a s**t about the good old upper Murray anymore.
A Couple of upsets or some late recruits may get the page going again

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
How does Peter Dean go these days. He played at the elite level but is also fairly old now. Is he still a great player?

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's your thoughts on the season so far Chopper? Do you have any involvement at a Club anymore?
Rip have seen 4 of the sides play first Walwa/Bullioh,it was good to see walwa having 2 full sides their 1st could win around 6 games i beleive which could get them 4th spot with at least 1 other sides also in contention [feds].At the moment leaning towards Feds.Tumba have got the players to win games but just seem to not be able to run games out but have some good young kids they should win 2 games out of the next 5 games.Haven't seen Cudgie play but should hold onto 3rd spot.Corryong an Bullioh are the 2 best teams in the comp this season but clearances haven't closed yet.Corryong is my tip for the G.F. if they can stay injury free and that applies to Bullioh to.At bullioh Peter Dean played down forward even though he mite be alittle slow or age if you don't put a reasonable defender on him he will hurt you on the score board and his talk around the ground is great. At that 1st game bullioh had a young player playing on the wing wore number 3 even though their howlong recruit forgot his name kicked 7gls this kid was easly the best player didn't stop running all day and kicked 2/3gls. Rip reguarding my involvement in any club answer no see around 8/9 games more if i can, noticed that the supporters are down abit and the league doesn't get much of a write up in the paper and that's how it was when i first started coaching up there.
TIPS THIS WEEK
Tumba by 15pts over walwa
Corry by 9pts over bullioh
Cudgie by 5pts over feds

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Rip have seen 4 of the sides play first Walwa/Bullioh,it was good to see walwa having 2 full sides their 1st could win around 6 games i beleive which could get them 4th spot with at least 1 other sides also in contention [feds].At the moment leaning towards Feds.Tumba have got the players to win games but just seem to not be able to run games out but have some good young kids they should win 2 games out of the next 5 games.Haven't seen Cudgie play but should hold onto 3rd spot.Corryong an Bullioh are the 2 best teams in the comp this season but clearances haven't closed yet.Corryong is my tip for the G.F. if they can stay injury free and that applies to Bullioh to.At bullioh Peter Dean played down forward even though he mite be alittle slow or age if you don't put a reasonable defender on him he will hurt you on the score board and his talk around the ground is great. At that 1st game bullioh had a young player playing on the wing wore number 3 even though their howlong recruit forgot his name kicked 7gls this kid was easly the best player didn't stop running all day and kicked 2/3gls. Rip reguarding my involvement in any club answer no see around 8/9 games more if i can, noticed that the supporters are down abit and the league doesn't get much of a write up in the paper and that's how it was when i first started coaching up there.
TIPS THIS WEEK
Tumba by 15pts over walwa
Corry by 9pts over bullioh
Cudgie by 5pts over feds
I think no 3 for Bullioh is Zac Burhop.
Tips this week are
Bullioh- 5 Goals
B/W - 10 Points
Feds- 3 Goals
Only tipping Feds because it's a Home game for them and they have Glenn Manton in this week.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think no 3 for Bullioh is Zac Burhop.
Tips this week are
Bullioh- 5 Goals
B/W - 10 Points
Feds- 3 Goals
Only tipping Feds because it's a Home game for them and they have Glenn Manton in this week.
Do you mean Glenn Manton the Carlton player?

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
Has anyone got a report from the top of the table clash at the weekend? Bullioh did it fairly easily. Heard there was a few injuries at the demons camp.

Last edited:
Back