Player Watch #38: Steven Morris

Remove this Banner Ad

The risk with Morris is he is not a high possession backman (great defensive player). With him and Grimes, who are both very defensive, it means we risk not having enough options for running the ball out.

But, if we don't hold Betts - we lose. If we do hold him - we probably still lose, but at least we have a chance.

The club Betts has the best record against is Essendon. Second-best......oh, bugger.

The risk with Morris is he is not a high possession backman (great defensive player). With him and Grimes, who are both very defensive, it means we risk not having enough options for running the ball out.

But, if we don't hold Betts - we lose. If we do hold him - we probably still lose, but at least we have a chance.

The club Betts has the best record against is Essendon. Second-best......oh, bugger.
Yep, Betts loves feasting on a bit of ol Tiger.

DH getting his facts wrong in his presser and Morris coming back scares the s**t out of me that the old game plan could be back.
As someone stated why would we take run away from our BL with this crab? Best way to beat Betts is to also make him accountable and push him further away from the goals. He will get Morris isolated and to go closer to the goals so our BL can turn it over and bring himself in the game. We better be clean out of defence otherwise we will be exposed.

Strong VFL performances and good defensive performances in previous years.

What did you think?
What strong vfl performances he has been crap? The last time i looked just about every man and hs dog have complained about his defensive efforts in previous yrs they mean jaxk s**t or should do your only as good as your last game.

Still no Miles he is definately on the outer. now there was a bloke who had a good pre season had very good Vfl form and could not get a gig because dimwit has an axe to grind.
Talk about mismanagement as well he has been named emg for two weeks in a row not played and that gives dimwit another out doesnt it.

DH getting his facts wrong in his presser and Morris coming back scares the s**t out of me that the old game plan could be back.
As someone stated why would we take run away from our BL with this crab? Best way to beat Betts is to also make him accountable and push him further away from the goals. He will get Morris isolated and to go closer to the goals so our BL can turn it over and bring himself in the game. We better be clean out of defence otherwise we will be exposed.
People are going to jump up and down because i suggest it again, but this is why i have advocated we develop someone like Castagna in the back half.
I know he has been good in the fwd half but there are other options like him for the fwd half.

We
People are going to jump up and down because i suggest it again, but this is why i have advocated we develop someone like Castagna in the back half.
I know he has been good in the fwd half but there are other options like him for the fwd half.
We have Short Menadue Markov as well. Morris scares me .

We

We have Short Menadue Markov as well. Morris scares me .
The reason i advocate Castagna is his pace and i think he has the ability to lock down on a player and provide plenty of run. These things should be expected of Houli and Ellis but we dont get both.
The knock will never go away with these two because they are not well rounded defenders.
I am not sold on short and im starting to have fears for Menadue atm i think Markv when he gets a bit of size could develop into a player.

What strong vfl performances he has been crap? The last time i looked just about every man and hs dog have complained about his defensive efforts in previous yrs they mean jaxk s**t or should do your only as good as your last game.

Still no Miles he is definately on the outer. now there was a bloke who had a good pre season had very good Vfl form and could not get a gig because dimwit has an axe to grind.
Talk about mismanagement as well he has been named emg for two weeks in a row not played and that gives dimwit another out doesnt it.
We are 5-0 and you are jumping up and down like a little girl even name calling the coach. Time to grow up

The reason i advocate Castagna is his pace and i think he has the ability to lock down on a player and provide plenty of run. These things should be expected of Houli and Ellis but we dont get both.
The knock will never go away with these two because they are not well rounded defenders.
I am not sold on short and im starting to have fears for Menadue atm i think Markv when he gets a bit of size could develop into a player.
Out of all those names Markov is the one with most promise in the role, but I'm not selling Short short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does 5-0 have to do when we are having a debate on various players roles? Get back on the TAN
Because it's embarrassing calling your senior coach dimwit when we haven't even lost a game. Legitimately pathetic actually

Since when did Morris and Miles play the same position? How are the two players even comparable?

my suspicion with this inclusion is that he will be used to lock down on a midfielder. our biggest hope in winning this contest is if we wrestle control of the midfield with a +i50 our way. they score bigtime when it gets in there, although we are very good at messing with a teams efficiency i50, we d much prefer it didnt go there., therein morris comes in to get a job and it wont be betts.

he s played richmond 20 times for 44 goals
17g 37 goals as a blue
3g 7 goals as a crow

If Morris plays one on one with Betts, then I think Eddie is going to have way too many tricks and things could get ugly.
I wouldn't go in with the idea of tackling Eddie out of the game.
But spoiling him might work.
First, gotta keep up with him.

We are 5-0 and you are jumping up and down like a little girl even name calling the coach. Time to grow up
Gotta love the short sightedness with some. A few wins on the board and people act like there is nothing wrong.Whats even funnier people think a few wins will change peoples opinion. There has been lots of debate on my behalf on this site about it not being about win loss column but other imo more important kpi's that will determine if anything is sustainable. Where the hell have you been bud when those debates have happened .

Seems to me we have been here a few times before with this coach and yes if we are revisting blokes like Morris then he is indeed dim witted.

my suspicion with this inclusion is that he will be used to lock down on a midfielder. our biggest hope in winning this contest is if we wrestle control of the midfield with a +i50 our way. they score bigtime when it gets in there, although we are very good at messing with a teams efficiency i50, we d much prefer it didnt go there., therein morris comes in to get a job and it wont be betts.

Interesting angle and makes a lot of sense. He plays on Betts and they would immediately isolate them deep. Whereas options on a midfielder aren't so obvious to counteract.
I laughed last year when someone suggested Rance on Betts...then it happened, so we may see a bit of that at times also.
I reckon we'll be smart and roll off their forwards if they try the isolate deep option.

We have two supposed small defenders in the team Houli and Ellis why are there no expectations on these two to play on a good small and keep them quite.
It would not be because they are terribly deficient when it comes to defending would it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back