No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half of ours were s**t repayment free kicks in the back-line which were only called to help level the tally. Really was 20 to like 5.

This is why WC are a rubbish club. When they don't get the soft ride away from Subiaco they struggle - as evident with every away trip they have.

I've never understood why we have needed a changes thread, and an autopsy thread. Rants need to be kept centralised.

One is to discuss the last match we played and the other one is to discuss selection for the next match we play. How is that hard to understand? If anything it would make more sense to consolidate the changes thread with the preview thread.

We have a team of stupid footballers and that is being kind. We have been saying it for years but the constant bombing into the forward line and having it intercepted is pissing me off big time. Brian Lake won a Norm Smith Medal from us putting it down his throat all GF and we did the same for McGovern tonight. It boggles the mind that so many AFL footballers can not seem to see this but thousands of regular people in the stands can.

Brad Hill is annoying me as well. Bar the Bulldogs game and possibly Melbourne his skills have been atrocious and some of his efforts tonight were weak as piss and would fit in better with those pea hearts up the road. I know he is skillful as I can see it at training but he has a massive case of the Danyle Pearce at the moment. Find some f******* form Bradley.

Yep he's not of any use anymore. Doesn't stop anyone and if he takes the game on it's just bombs to the opposition.

I think he is helped by Luke Ryan having been injured. I'd have no problem with him replacing Spurr or Ibbo.

One is to discuss the last match we played and the other one is to discuss selection for the next match we play. How is that hard to understand? If anything it would make more sense to consolidate the changes thread with the preview thread.

We end up with post duplication across three threads. The autopsy, changes and preview should all be one super thread. Don't fight me on this.

The Eagles have won 31 of 41 games in Western Australia since Adam Simpson became coach, while winning 17 of 34 games outside of their home state.

Part of why they have been tagged ‘flat track bullies’ is this difference. West Coast has been the most dominant team in its home state in the AFL over the past three and a bit seasons, meaning any drop off will look particularly dramatic.

*shrug*
Hows this post a melt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep he's not of any use anymore. Doesn't stop anyone and if he takes the game on it's just bombs to the opposition.

It was in the third I think when the switch was one and Spurr needed to move it off fast.

What did he do - and what does he do every time? Holds the ball up, finds a 2 on 1 and unloads. The ball is turned over and results in an Eagles goal.

It's not just his (and Ibbo's) skill it's their whole ancient mentality of sluggish, congested footy. They can't make decisions quickly, the decisions they do make are typically the wrong ones and they can't deal with the consequences. I put Dawson and Sutcliffe in similar boxes.

Not enough mongrel in this team. Meekly bent over nicely for the Eagles. No Crowley, Barlow, Ballas, de Boer, Scos to fire this team up. They're such a meek, mild , nice, vanilla side. Only McCarthy & Fyfe seem to hate the Eagles.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok, killing a few minutes at the airport and still not fully melted out.

If you are wondering why we constantly bomb it long into the forward line, it's the way we train, every week. Bomb it long to a tall target who doesn't try to mark, rather bring it to ground. That's fine but when you are up against elite intercept marks who are being allowed to have a free run st it, what about a plan B. Maybe kick it shorter, kick it to space or at worst kick a bouncing chaos ball in. It would at least give as a fighting chance, but we have done this for as long as I can remember.

The other thing is why do some of our blokes always stop and go back on the mark before kicking over the marker's head. That means you have to kick a high, looping kick. What about taking a risk, running around the man (or at least on the 45 degree) so you can kick low and fast. And what about our blokes presenting in such a way as to allow / encourage this?

Look at the good, fast teams and very rarely do they kick directly over the man on the mark. The Sheridan one in the last quarter was a classic example of the stupidity of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back