List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

He will get ridiculous offers from other clubs and rightly so. If he stays, it wont be purely for the money. He could get more elsewhere. Lifestyle, close(r) to family, loyalty, unfinished business etc. will all play a factor.

I have a really bad feeling about Hawthorn poaching Fyfe. They don't have a first round draft pick and would be eager to bounce back. They don't need draft picks for Free agency just money.

With Hodge, Gibson, Birchall & Burgoyne all probable to retire at the end of the year all on at least $500k each per year. That's at least $2m a year free.

And there is talk about Rosich becoming CEO at Hawthorn. I have a bad feeling we will get screwed :(

These are the good players at or under Fyfe's age at Hawthorn and JOM has serious ?? over how long he is going to be playing for. They also have no decent picks at the draft.
Tom Mitchell (24)
JOM* (23)
Gunston (26)
Shiels (26)

So Fyfe goes to Hawthorn. Why? Chance of premiership success during his remaining years, close to 0 (and that's not to bag Hawthorn - they won 4, but now they are bottoming out to do it all again).

Good players (or destined to be) Fyfe's age or under at Freo:
Logue
Billy
Walters
Bennell**
Weller
Crozier
Tucker
Blakely
Hamling
McCarthy
Balic
APearce
Langdon
Neale

+ a top 10 pick (most likely)
+ Captaincy
top4 club for $
Family is here

Taking emotion out of it and looking at the basics and I just don't see it. Carlton maybe, but not Hawthorn.

These are the good players at or under Fyfe's age at Hawthorn and JOM has serious ?? over how long he is going to be playing for. They also have no decent picks at the draft.
Tom Mitchell (24)
JOM* (23)
Gunston (26)
Shiels (26)

So Fyfe goes to Hawthorn. Why? Chance of premiership success during his remaining years, close to 0 (and that's not to bag Hawthorn - they won 4, but now they are bottoming out to do it all again).

Good players (or destined to be) Fyfe's age or under at Freo:
Logue
Billy
Walters
Bennell**
Weller
Crozier
Tucker
Blakely
Hamling
McCarthy
Balic
APearce
Langdon
Neale

+ a top 10 pick (most likely)
+ Captaincy
top4 club for $
Family is here

Taking emotion out of it and looking at the basics and I just don't see it. Carlton maybe, but not Hawthorn.
The best club for him is freo. The 2nd best is not a Victorian club.

Fyfe and Sloane would be a perfect duo but I just can't see Fyfe leaving.

Adelaide is better without Dangerfield for the same reason we are better without Pav. The focal point has changed and so that has given the Adelaide midfield more unpredictability going into the forward line.

Our forward line is better without Pav as we now look at best option rather than "OH MY GOD ITS PAV, KICK IT TO HIM!"

If Sloane and Dangerfield weren't able to bring a premiership, that doesn't guarantee that Fyfe will.

Whichever team he stays with / goes to will be better WITH Fyfe than without but getting Fyfe won't guarantee anyone a flag.

If a club wants to give him $2,000,000 per year good luck to them. You need 25-28 good players to win a flag. I would guess that he is smart enough to realise this and won't go purely for dollars.

Good luck being able to do that.

Fyfe and Sloane would be a perfect duo but I just can't see Fyfe leaving.
Spot on. I really can't see why people are still talking about it. It's not a question of if he re-signs anymore it's just a matter of when and what the terms are

As for people suggesting hawthorn LOL

The Circus is about to hit town.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/6e3a6ddae4d0686be690a7acae2b3269

FYFE TO SAINTS?

A Perth radio station has claimed Brownlow medallist Nat Fyfe has agreed a multi-million dollar deal to play with St Kilda from next AFL season.

The Dockers have declined to comment on the veracity of the claim, attributed to a loose-lipped Saints board member. Brad Fitzgerald, co-host of the ‘Carmen & Fitzi’ program on WA-based radio station 96FM, said he had a “massive scoop” on the future of the 2015 Brownlow medallist.

“The offer is worth $1.5 million a season and it is - as far as legally wise - it’s virtually accepted,” he said on Monday morning.

“He can’t sign yet but it’s basically a done deal and he is going to St Kilda.”

Fitzgerald said he had been told the news by a Saints executive. “I can’t name names but this has come from a high-ranking board member of St Kilda,” he said.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the best way to piss of a prospective new client that you are trying to poach. Leak the story to the press and embarrass the hell out of him.. If it was true I think the Saints have s**t in their own nest. Hard to imagine him entertaining a move to the Saints but then again their 2 first round draft picks plus ours would set us up for years.;)

A) He's actually going to Carlton. Everyone knows that.

B) I couldn't think of a single reason a radio personality would want to stir the pot to get a bit of attention for themselves. Brad Fitzgerald is a considerably humble guy who doesn't spend most of his time looking at himself in the mirror and thinking about how famous he is. He is clearly on the level and not making this up just to give himself a quick ratings spike.

C) The Saints?!? I get that they have the trade currency and probably the cap space which might satisfy the technicalities of a trade but what on Earth do they have to offer Fyfe that he'd actually want? Lifestyle? - um, no. A big Vic club? - um, no. Bigger crowds to play in front of? - um, no. Better chance of a premiership? - um, no. A better coach - um, no. A more financially sound club? - um, no. Better training facilities? - um, no. Closer to family and friends? - um, no. More free kicks? - possibly.

It makes no sense so please don't fall into believing this kind of rubbish. The only thing you can believe is what Fyfe and his management have said. Which is, they aren't negotiating yet but when they do they'll be speaking to Freo first. It will likely be mid season at the earliest.

PS. He's going to Hawthorn.

PPS. He's going to Adelaide (**** that would be scary).

PPPS. He's going to GWS (nah he's not shiny enough).

Whats the best way to piss of a prospective new client that you are trying to poach. Leak the story to the press and embarrass the hell out of him.. If it was true I think the Saints have s**t in their own nest. Hard to imagine him entertaining a move to the Saints but then again their 2 first round draft picks plus ours would set us up for years.;)
Whilst I sort of agree with you, why would it piss him off? It didn't seem to piss off Ablett, Buddy, Danger, Scully ect.
If you guys could match our bid I'd happily trade hawthorns first and our first for him. It would definitely help set you guys up, there's no denying how much it would help us too.

This is clearly a clever ploy to cover up for the fact that we're actually going to trade Fyfe out to bring in Fui Fui Moi Moi.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Saints?!? I get that they have the trade currency and probably the cap space which might satisfy the technicalities of a trade but what on Earth do they have to offer Fyfe that he'd actually want? Lifestyle? - um, no. A big Vic club? - um, no. Bigger crowds to play in front of? - um, no. Better chance of a premiership? - um, no. A better coach - um, no. A more financially sound club? - um, no. Better training facilities? - um, no. Closer to family and friends? - um, no. More free kicks? - possibly.

This. Why the frack would anyone want to go to the Saints for reasons other than money?

This is clearly a clever ploy to cover up for the fact that we're actually going to trade Fyfe out to bring in Fui Fui Moi Moi.

It's Mui Mui Moi Moi.

Whilst I sort of agree with you, why would it piss him off? It didn't seem to piss off Ablett, Buddy, Danger, Scully ect.
If you guys could match our bid I'd happily trade hawthorns first and our first for him. It would definitely help set you guys up, there's no denying how much it would help us too.

In fairness, Saints make far more sense than Carlton, Hawthorn etc and if it does happen at least we'll be in a position to get some semi-decent compensation. You'll just have to forgive us for being skeptical since he's been linked to just about every team east Midland (including the Glenelg under 12s) for the last 2 years.

With Fyfe he is all about his brand and is super protective of it. To leak a story to the press that 6 weeks into the season after being made captain he has sneakily verbally agreed to a deal and ditch Freo would stuff his image right up. He would never forgive the Saints for leaking the story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back