No Oppo Supporters The Umpiring thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have only come to follow along as the great and wise posters of the Freo Bigfooty board uncover the greatest conspiracy football has ever know.
Underworld figures conspiring to help J.K. kick goals, it will make a hell of a movie once the truth is known.

We are great and we are wise, you got that right.:thumbsu: Apart from that one display of wisdom you are a **cwit and the**ckwit board is that way.........

I have only come to follow along as the great and wise posters of the Freo Bigfooty board uncover the greatest conspiracy football has ever know.
Underworld figures conspiring to help J.K. kick goals, it will make a hell of a movie once the truth is known.
Not really J.K. He's a good player and can kick his own goals.

It's Darling that gets the frees.

That being said. * off.

We are great and we are wise, you got that right.:thumbsu: Apart from that one display of wisdom you are a **cwit and the**ckwit board is that way.........

Well said. I must remember to jump onto the West Coast board to troll this moron the next time the Eagles embarass themselves on the road.

Even with the pathetic home town umpiring they get at home, there's no way they're going to be able to match it with the likes of Adelaide or GWS this year. And with an aging list and nothing decent coming through they will fall of the cliff big time. Now that will be fun to watch.

tcd8JTR.gif

I'd argue that but can't be bothered. How about a settle for a draw?
Nar because the A-League is the worst officiated league in world sport by a long way.

AFL Umpires do a pretty good job, especially relative to A-League.

Surely as a WA A-League fan you would remember someone taking a dive in the box to win the premiership 2 years ago? :p

Surely as a WA A-League fan you would remember someone taking a dive in the box to win the premiership 2 years ago? :p
I'm from SA so didn't see the dive. I don't watch A-League in general though, find it very boring to watch.

Anyone wanting to exact some revenge on the WC flogs in here only has to wait until the weekend. Port in Adelaide, haha massive smashing and equally massive melt on their board coming up.

I would love it if they lost the free kick count just for good measure.

It was about 4 years ago and I remember very clearly. I'll never forget.

Can't believe the number of people who separate JK from the rest of the Eagle convocation. He's not the worst but still a whiny bitch when he doesn't get paid the free kicks he thinks he deserves. As the Brits showed back in the nineties, when the herd's tainted, you've got to put them all down, just to be sure.

As for the Eagles troll, a conspiracy movie about JK? Could be a real goer. Oliver Stone made a conspiracy movie called JFK, how about we call our's JK the F....?

That leaves 4). So what can explain the special relationship between West Coast and the umpires? Is it all umpires, or just the ones with friendships with Eagles players? Do the Eagles' links with organised crime have anything to do with it?

Tldr; the free kick differential between home and away games is getting worse, and the Eagles are treated by umpires differently to every one else and it's not because of how they play, or the crowd.

You don't honestly believe that do you Clem ?

I mean seriously, you are saying some nefarious underworld figures ( crims ) are intimidating umpires

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to that awesome table that was posted in this thread detailing the link between various factors and umpiring calls - was it bogus?

You don't honestly believe that do you Clem ?

I mean seriously, you are saying some nefarious underworld figures ( crims ) are intimidating umpires

It was a question. If I believed it, I would have made it a statement.
There are links between the Eagles and organised crime though. That has been established over the last decade.

What happened to that awesome table that was posted in this thread detailing the link between various factors and umpiring calls - was it bogus?

This was from the link I published on the first page. Is this what you meant?
i

Even given these factors, West Coast get a bonus effect, purely because they are West Coast, that is bigger than anyone else.

This was from the link I published on the first page. Is this what you meant?
i

Even given these factors, West Coast get a bonus effect, purely because they are West Coast, that is bigger than anyone else.

Thanks for pulling it out. I like this table most of all - every person who insists on telling incredulous away fans their team would win frees if they put their head over the ball should be forced to stare at it with their eyelids peeled back for two hours.

Thanks for pulling it out. I like this table most of all - every person who insists on telling incredulous away fans their team would win frees if they put their head over the ball should be forced to stare at it with their eyelids peeled back for two hours.

Exactly. Completely puts to bed the standard idiotic west coast fans retort that they get more free kicks because they are "first to the ball". They get more free kicks because of their feral crowds and umpires who grew up supporting them. That's the actual reason.

We're agreeing furiously.
How many umps are they going to fly interstate each week? So, they're left with WA umpires who most likely grew up with Wet Toast as the dominant side. Same deal in SA. It doesn't take a conspiracy to see why the system's broken, just common sense.
Cricket introduced neutral umpires decades ago. Was that paranoid? Was that a reflection on the integrity of the umpires. (Maybe in some cases.) But it improved the umpiring because it made it professional, took the parochialism our of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back