Past Matthew Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a new ruckman almost as much as a key forward. Phillips is a decent back up but Kreuzer would be in the worst 3, #1 rucks on the league
and is currently close to AA - it can turn around quickly...............pretty sure..........

Yep have be a sneaky chance at AA
Averaging 13 possessions 9 contested, 4.8 clearances, 5.8 tackles, 29 HO and over 20 pressure acts.
AF 97pt which is elite for a ruckman.
Has also been able to go forward this year and have a big impact, good for almost a goal a game.
Smashed Grundy on the weekend.

I'm happy for him to be the almost quiet achiever, compared to the usual wankfests brought on about the likes of Goldstein and Mummy etc.

He's a lionheart, is our Kreuz, and as usual even stats don't tell the full story with him. I imagine the mids must absolutely love being alongside him in the middle, because even if he does lose a tap, the amount of physical presence he provides (not to mention full on bulldozing sometimes) for them is huge.

The classic description of Kruezer is the extra midfielder.

This is where he is different to other rucks. His work when the ball is below the knees is elite.

He does not get big numbers on the spread.

He hunts contests. He is always nudging, tapping, tackling and moving the ball our way in contests, and if not he will often get to the second contest and provide a contest.

It is like having a decent ruckman along with a decent inside midfielder, which is completely unique.

I have lost count of the amount of times where a Kruezer fingertip, halftackle, smother or shepard has advanced the ball for us.

He is difficult to value.

If he keeps up what he has done this year he should be the AA ruckman quite easily if the experts have any brains.

And people want to let him leave... there are not enough hands to facepalm with!

And he would have produced this same output for another club - and this place would have gone into meldown about how we can't develop players and they all get better when they leave.

Great to see him back to pre knee reco form. Just got an incredible knack to keep the ball moving to advantage at a stoppage. The value of that can't be measured. Please keep him rucking solo with the odd chop-out from cas. Having to split duties with Phillips killed his output last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kreeeeuuuuuzzz. Loving his games this year. Been the best run of form I can remember (but I have assigned some years to the dark recesses).

Always effort to follow up and push the ball our way, or present an option. I want to keep him not get compo picks or trade.

G'day guys,
Sorry for the intrusion. I'm a primary school teacher and Matty Kreuzer recently came out to my school to conduct a footy clinic with a few other players.
Just wanted to say that he is an absolute ripper of a bloke and was great with the kids. I've never really taken much interest in him as a non-carlton supporter, but will be following his progress closely from now on. He has had a fantastic year to date and IMO deserves to be the starting ruck in the AA team.

Spewing that Kreuz didn't make the final AA cut. Very unlucky, but Ryder was not a terrible selection I suppose. Hopefully Matty can continue his great form next year and give it another shake. Good luck in the upcoming draft and trade period. Going to be an interesting one!

My favourite Carlton player and looking forward to the next couple of years. I know he has just had his best year at the club but I'm expecting a higher level over the course of this contract.

Another sunken thread.

How much better do we play with Kreuzer in the side? There was a lot of debate about his efficiency and tapwork vs Phillips a couple of years ago. I think we can see the intangibles that Kreuzer brings to this side. We stand taller with him in the side.

Amazing how much better we look when he is out on the park - clearly our second most important player IMO.

Well beaten at times today by Grundy - which is no shame as he's clearly the best in the league - but the extra support he provides to a young midfield is absolutely invaluable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back