Preview 2017 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like jaidyn stephenson with our first. He has that Natural goal sense.
Can he grow taller?

http://footyprophet.com/tac-cup-scouting-notes-oakleigh-hold-off-late-eastern-challenge/

JAIDYN STEPHENSON | EASTERN RANGES
FWD | 15/1/99 | 189CM | 76KG

Stephenson showed off the full range of his skills on Sunday. The spring-heeled forward’s marking was a feature of the game. The anticipation and timing of his leaps were spot-on and made it extremely difficult for defenders to spoil the ball. Stephenson also showed he is no slouch when the ball comes to feet. He is agile enough to win the ball or apply pressure at ground level. He finished the game with three goals.

Can he grow taller?

http://footyprophet.com/tac-cup-scouting-notes-oakleigh-hold-off-late-eastern-challenge/

JAIDYN STEPHENSON | EASTERN RANGES
FWD | 15/1/99 | 189CM | 76KG

Stephenson showed off the full range of his skills on Sunday. The spring-heeled forward’s marking was a feature of the game. The anticipation and timing of his leaps were spot-on and made it extremely difficult for defenders to spoil the ball. Stephenson also showed he is no slouch when the ball comes to feet. He is agile enough to win the ball or apply pressure at ground level. He finished the game with three goals.

Doesn't really need to. Fills a need at that height and weight IMO.

Doesn't really need to. Fills a need at that height and weight IMO.
I like the comment no slouch when the ball come to feet , you are right if he grow taller might hinder that.

Is 2017 young talent time , he is not that young .
Meima the guy is a very good hard running CHB for South Fremantle and he reads the play very well . He is very good rebounding defender off half back who impacts games . Very good delivery into the forward line and has a fantastic tank . Makes good decisions with the ball in hand very much in the M.Johnson mould .

I believe Oscar Allen is playing CHB atm and he's had 27 disp and 11 marks today. Admittedly WP copped a flogging so the ball would've been around him a lot.

In WA Colts:

Aaron Naughton (KP) (Peel) - 24 possessions 5 marks 2 goals 2 points
Jake Patmore (mid) (Claremont) - 24 possessions
Sam Taylor (KP) (Swan Districts) - 20 possessions 1 goal
Brayden Ainsworth (mid) (Subiaco) - 27 possessions 7 marks
Oscar Allen (KP) (West Perth) - 27 possessions, 11 marks

If Sydney continue with current form , they will get no 1 pick ,Rd 2 pick to replace buddy and Tippett for their future. What a way to tank without the media saying anything about it.

After the game by Tabs, are we really needing a forward /ruck anymore? Having Darcy, Strnadica, Apeness developing, our only real need is a small
forward, and questions over half back.

After the game by Tabs, are we really needing a forward /ruck anymore? Having Darcy, Strnadica, Apeness developing, our only real need is a small
We need small forward that can play a bit of midfield (somebody like Walters) , more players like s.hill that can basically play everywhere.

Harley Bennell.
Harley in my opinion should only play forward, until he has proven over time that his calves are
fixed.
But yes we would all love him and A Pearce to be available.
Its very difficult to judge how high the ceiling is with Freo, with our injured, and the players yet to
debut this year.
But its looking likely that we can replace Sandi,Johnson with what is already on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking about this as well and it makes it difficult. I dont think you can count Strnadica as a rookie listed player if he comes on then its bonus and not something to count on. Apeness is perennially injured and Tabs has obviously got to show more than one game. If your a glass half-full guy you'd say our tall stocks are flushed but there's every chance none of these guys come on and we miss out on a quality KPF very hard to find outside a top 10 pick

I watched the Clontaf year 12's on Sunday and there were 2 very good possible kids that we should get onto our development group . I Purple , Beau Walls from the Kimberly's ,Very tall ,athletic ,very slim ruckman . Great hands and very good below the knees ,kicks both feet . He ran out of puff in the last quarter but there is a lot to like . The other kid won best on ground playing in the white jumper I wasn't able to get his name but he played midfield . The extreme pace fantastic side step .Great with ball in hand and very good in traffic . He is not very tall about 175mm , very slight and would need to build but gees can he find the ball. Someone will know his name . None of these kids are aligned with any WAFL Club .
For those unaware :The Clontaf foundation is and education ,life style programme for young Aboriginal kids . Gerald Neasham is the principal in Perth . They have 7 campuses in WA and many more Australia wide .

Is Liam Ryan worth looking at again this year?

Definitely has the highlight reel to impress me. Grey to provide the pressure and Ryan to provide the miracles. Would also be nice to see him launch at some of the long balls sent into our forward 50. Would also allow Walters to roam further up field while allowing us to still have plenty of x-factor in our forward line.

Bennell - McCarthy - Walters
Ryan - Tabs - Kersten

Depth/Rotations: Grey, Croz, Fyfe, Neale, Logue, Hill, Hill, ect.

Definitely has the highlight reel to impress me. Grey to provide the pressure and Ryan to provide the miracles. Would also be nice to see him launch at some of the long balls sent into our forward 50. Would also allow Walters to roam further up field while allowing us to still have plenty of x-factor in our forward line.

Ryan - Tabs - Kersten

The bargain get is definitely gone, if he star for wa squad vs Victoria expect his price to be higher also . This year his subiaco coach said he work on his weaknesses that cause him not to be picked last year draft.

Ryan - Tabs - Kersten

I am sure we are keeping an eye on LR. You are missing Balic from your rotations. That smother was awesome and I could see him easily cementing a spot in our starting forward line. So deceptive with his pressure. Love that he already seems pretty comfortable from inside mid, to half forward to deep in the pocket.

Im starting to think our key position cupboard isnt so bare, might be a draft we can take a top end mid.

I thought all three of our tall forwards play very well. Individually they performed but it was also our structure that worked. Having 3 genuine tall targets gave us more options than usual and spread the opposition backline.

We need to keep with the 3 tall forward setup. Unfortunately right now if one of Tabs, McCarthy or Kersten get injured we'd be up s**t creek and back to the 2 tall forward structure. Apeness is having rotten luck with injuries and Strnadica is still a way off.

Our 1st rounder should go on the best tall forward we can draft. We need to build depth up forward, whoever we get would have time on their side to develop and would only get games when they were ready/deserved. When they are ready they put the pressure on our other forwards to keep performing and would give us good cover when injuries strike.

Small forward , Liam baker , former west Perth colt player from lake grace, currently playing forward for subiaco senior .

Wonder if we'll get an English this year? Luke English 30 disp, 8 tackles today for Perth colts.

This English is only 179cm.
I will try to get to the Perth colts game this weekend, mates son is friends with Luke, and in the same
team.
Reckons he lives, breathes football, always at the gym.

WA Colts 13/5

Jake Patmore (Mid) 24 possessions 2 tackles 2 behinds
Aaron Naughton (KP) 9 possessions 7 marks 1 tackle 2 behinds
Sam Taylor (KP) 13 possessions 3 marks
Brayden Ainsworth (Mid) 24 possessions 8 marks 5 tackles
John Frampton (Rck) 26 possessions 6 marks 28 Hit outs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back