EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trav was pretty good today.didnt have a huge influence until he went forward in the last quarter when the game was in the balance. Glenroys pressure was brilliant until half time but fell away in the third quarter . Lost control of the game in the third and struggled to get it back for a while. But when they did we're by far the better side . On what I saw today Westy will stuggle to play finals . Just my opinion
Just looking at the team sheet, Mullins didn't play! Is he injured,dropped or blewing with coach again?

Didn't spill into glenroy road... fair exaggeration

But was pretty ugly spectators and players fighting

Some bloke started whacking glenroy players as they were leaving the ground

Not sure how much truth to it but a players dad was involved I was told

No..it didn't spill out on to the road. Was very disappointing as the game was very close, competitive and played in really good spirits, there were no major incidents during the game.

The Glenroy Presidents did a great job of making sure things settled down quickly post game and called the police who calmed things down. Coming into our rooms to make sure all of our players were okay was very much appreciated.

Just looking at the team sheet, Mullins didn't play! Is he injured,dropped or blewing with coach again?
According to the coach on radio after the game Robbie was on a club suspension.
Good win by Glenroy ,though giving up a 43 point lead is a worry , just shows in this Comp you only have to be off your game for a few minutes and the games change .
Great competition will be plenty of upsets and battles to come.
We are in for a fantastic year.

According to the coach on radio after the game Robbie was on a club suspension.
Good win by Glenroy ,though giving up a 43 point lead is a worry , just shows in this Comp you only have to be off your game for a few minutes and the games change .
Great competition will be plenty of upsets and battles to come.
We are in for a fantastic year.
I said to a mate during the 3rd, that glenroy should win by 100! 15 mins later it was two goals. Not sure about blokes saying that Dulic didn't have much influence, I thought he was BOG easily. If he wasn't, then Evans was great for westy. Too many passengers on a day that should've suited them.

Not sure what's happening with Smillie, but he spent most of the first 3 quarters on the bench. But he was one of their better players when he was on the ground.

Wh
I said to a mate during the 3rd, that glenroy should win by 100! 15 mins later it was two goals. Not sure about blokes saying that Dulic didn't have much influence, I thought he was BOG easily. If he wasn't, then Evans was great for westy. Too many passengers on a day that should've suited them.

Not sure what's happening with Smillie, but he spent most of the first 3 quarters on the bench. But he was one of their better players when he was on the ground.
When the teams lined up I thought glenroy may be too tall but once the game started it was them that wanted to crack in harder. M walker and t nillson were very good. If capuano had of kicked straight early he would have been in for a big one...

Wh

When the teams lined up I thought glenroy may be too tall but once the game started it was them that wanted to crack in harder. M walker and t nillson were very good. If capuano had of kicked straight early he would have been in for a big one...
Agree with that. But for mine, Dulic was the difference. For a guy that big on a absolute bog heavy ground, he was. Dry good. And when the game had to be won, it was him who stood up. Westy will be kicking themselves for a terrible first half.

Agree with that. But for mine, Dulic was the difference. For a guy that big on a absolute bog heavy ground, he was. Dry good. And when the game had to be won, it was him who stood up. Westy will be kicking themselves for a terrible first half.[/QUOTE
I agree mate that left foot cannon was used a lot and he rebounded well, and when thrown forward kicked goals.
He's a gun....

Agree with that. But for mine, Dulic was the difference. For a guy that big on a absolute bog heavy ground, he was. Dry good. And when the game had to be won, it was him who stood up. Westy will be kicking themselves for a terrible first half.

Dulic can play there's no question about that. However the conditions probably suited him as he does lack a little bit of leg speed these days. His there leader and when he focus purely on the footy, his a pretty dominant div1 player and will take them with him. If they can afford to play him forward with Winter, that's 2 big bodied players that will cause some headaches but on a dry September they might get caught out for leg speed. Having said this I think Dulic is a better backman or ruckman, resting up forward.

It will be interesting if Glenroy happened to win it would he play premier league and how many of that group would be good enough to "compete" at the next level. They are favourites and recruited heavily over the previous 2 seasons so they will expect to be in the top 2 come end of home & away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey OBH, I've had a few calls over the weekend as to ask when I'm getting invited on the show. Would I need a good disguise?? Lol
Well im not sure what you look like Turbo but u wouldnt need to try to hard to have a better looking lid than these boys Lol as someone mentioned earlier they dont do a bad job for a local footy club. Best u start your own show for the mighty Pacco panthers.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Give us a rundown billy glenroy look to have abit of momentum and I can't remember the last time tulla lost two in a row
TM flew out the blokes and glenroy looked as though they weren't in the same class.To there credit they never tossed it in and found themselves in front at half time
Then they just played solid and TM wasn't up for the fight 11 goals to 3 after quarter time no one put there hand up for TM which was disappointing
Both are solid teams and I don't think either played to there full potential,it was a strange game

Very surprised that nobody has spoken about westys big win over hillside yesterday. Anyone at the game?

Must be very frustrating for the westy coach knowing that they can't reach these standards every week

Very surprised that nobody has spoken about westys big win over hillside yesterday. Anyone at the game?

Must be very frustrating for the westy coach knowing that they can't reach these standards every week

Westy were outstanding all day, very hard to win down there and the scoreboard probably flattered Hillside a bit.
I did hear during the week that there was a meeting with the more senior guys and it was a fairly heavy message given to them and training was pretty full on. They also dropped a few guys and brought in some kids (one 15 year old) who all performed very well.
Westy have had a tough run already played Oak Park, Tulla, Glenroy and Hillside with 3 of those away and a lot of weeks with no games so hopefully this was a now a sign of things to come.

Venture down to windside on the weekend to see if hillside is a side who could take the next step into premier division & I left very disappointed
1/ Westy was to tough around the contest & spread a lot better, hillside on ballers didn't want to pay enough respect to their opponents
2/ the coaching tactics weren't great on the day especially when they were kicking into a 4 to 5 goal breeze in the 2nd 1/4
Westy kicked 4 to 5 goals in about 10mins before they decided to roll a player back & when they did it stop 3 or 4 entries & hillside kicked 1 so they moved that player back forward & then Westy kicked the next 5

Venture down to windside on the weekend to see if hillside is a side who could take the next step into premier division & I left very disappointed
1/ Westy was to tough around the contest & spread a lot better, hillside on ballers didn't want to pay enough respect to their opponents
2/ the coaching tactics weren't great on the day especially when they were kicking into a 4 to 5 goal breeze in the 2nd 1/4
Westy kicked 4 to 5 goals in about 10mins before they decided to roll a player back & when they did it stop 3 or 4 entries & hillside kicked 1 so they moved that player back forward & then Westy kicked the next 5

As they say bad kicking loses games. Game played in good spirits with the crowd enjoying the contest. Supporters of both teams enjoying the contest. Westy played well in the 1st qrt with Smillie stopping many of HS forward entries. In the 2nd qrt Westy completely dominated kicking 9 straight. Church & Willcocks were on fire. HS couldn't get a match up for Willcocks and he took control and really set up the victory with fast leads, strong hands and straight kicking. He had 3 different opponents in this qrt and none could contain his brilliance in the 2nd. Church is all class and Westy ruckman #68 played well and was nominated by HS as their best player over 4qrts. HS had Patane out and Ferraro playing 2s so with these 2 players make a big difference as to how opposing teams match up. HS just lacked a winning forward on the day and in the 3rd didn't kick straight and in the last qrt when down by about 3 goals needed to throw caution to the wind but Westy held strong for a convincing win.

Bit disappointing to only see a few Westy players come into the social rooms with the coaches and a few supporters. Church and a couple of others that's all. Understand they had a function on, but really think players should go into opposition rooms for a period of time. Maybe till the speeches are done as long as it's within a certain time.

As they say bad kicking loses games. Game played in good spirits with the crowd enjoying the contest. Supporters of both teams enjoying the contest. Westy played well in the 1st qrt with Smillie stopping many of HS forward entries. In the 2nd qrt Westy completely dominated kicking 9 straight. Church & Willcocks were on fire. HS couldn't get a match up for Willcocks and he took control and really set up the victory with fast leads, strong hands and straight kicking. He had 3 different opponents in this qrt and none could contain his brilliance in the 2nd. Church is all class and Westy ruckman #68 played well and was nominated by HS as their best player over 4qrts. HS had Patane out and Ferraro playing 2s so with these 2 players make a big difference as to how opposing teams match up. HS just lacked a winning forward on the day and in the 3rd didn't kick straight and in the last qrt when down by about 3 goals needed to throw caution to the wind but Westy held strong for a convincing win.

Bit disappointing to only see a few Westy players come into the social rooms with the coaches and a few supporters. Church and a couple of others that's all. Understand they had a function on, but really think players should go into opposition rooms for a period of time. Maybe till the speeches are done as long as it's within a certain time.

Turbo, most players came in for one drink. The speeches weren't to nearly 6pm and westy function started at 7pm

Was a good game. Some quality running around in the twos with Ferarro and Robbie Mullen for Westy. Westy also had their CHB O'Neil not playing so no Patane probably balanced that out as they may have played on each other. Dimech out missed for Westy too who has been a good player so far this season.

Was a very entertaining day, Both sides will be there abouts

Turbo, most players came in for one drink. The speeches weren't to nearly 6pm and westy function started at 7pm

Was a good game. Some quality running around in the twos with Ferarro and Robbie Mullen for Westy. Westy also had their CHB O'Neil not playing so no Patane probably balanced that out as they may have played on each other. Dimech out missed for Westy too who has been a good player so far this season.

Was a very entertaining day, Both sides will be there abouts

Hey BTF, great to see supporters of both teams watching together near the rooms and all enjoying the day. Think a Westy supporter won the $100 cash prize just after 1/2time which was great. Agree it's going to be an interesting season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back