Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Paying one star a lot of money to produce a highlight reel at the detriment of having a well rounded side that fits under the cap is not smart nor a good move. It's like Russell Westbrook at the Thunder - sure he gets a triple double almost every night - but the Thunder will never win a title so who the * cares?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just watching the Franklin footy flashback from yesterday.

Almost feels like he's on the verge of retiring by it being aired this year.
That would be amusing if he does. Especially seeing that Buddy's wage will still be part of the Swines salary cap until 2022. It would be interesting to see if the AFL create a "special clause" for them to use to get out of the deal.

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
That would be amusing if he does. Especially seeing that Buddy's wage will still be part of the Swines salary cap until 2022. It would be interesting to see if the AFL create a "special clause" for them to use to get out of the deal.
I just don't get why Channel 7 produced it when he's not near retiring yet, unless they know something we don't and Buddy doesn't.

It's like writing an autobiography when you're 21. There's still more of his career to go.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just don't get why Channel 7 produced it when he's not near retiring yet, unless they know something we don't and Buddy doesn't.

It's like writing an autobiography when you're 21. There's still more of his career to go.
Just could be a simple money grabbing exercise by Channel 7. He is still the most marketable player in the league, through his uncanny brilliance and unpredictability. At the moment he still has 5 years to run on his contract so it does seem a bit premature.

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
Just could be a simple money grabbing exercise by Channel 7. He is still the most marketable player in the league, through his uncanny brilliance and unpredictability. At the moment he still has 5 years to run on his contract so it does seem a bit premature.
The skeptic in me says it was put together due to the Swans poor start to the year to keep the Sydney audience interested in watching.

B

BOP66

Why was a Franklin special aired before a Hawks v Melb. game anyways??
Isn't it footy flashbacks? Usually its a classic game depicting the 2 teams that are about to play the live game.
Strange indeed!

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
Why was a Franklin special aired before a Hawks v Melb. game anyways??
Isn't it footy flashbacks? Usually its a classic game depicting the 2 teams that are about to play the live game.
Strange indeed!
Can't check past tv guides online, or haven't been able to so far, but was wondering if it was aired in Sydney before the Sydney vs Brisbane game as well.

B

BOP66

Can't check past tv guides online, or haven't been able to so far, but was wondering if it was aired in Sydney before the Sydney vs Brisbane game as well.
Yeah I'd say it was most likely but they could of showed the younger gen of Hawkers coming thru the '96 merger game or the '87 Prelim in stead.
Would of kept more to the flashbacks theme.

B

BOP66

Was pretty meh viewing.

There's a truckload of his legitimatly awe inspiring and head scratching Hawthorn highlights not shown, which far surpass any of the pedestrian dribble that qualifies as a "highlight" dressed up in his Swans outfit.
Yeah I got that impression as well.
But like lots have said in here before he was great as a Hawk & thanks for the memories etc etc.

The skeptic in me says it was put together due to the Swans poor start to the year to keep the Sydney audience interested in watching.

You're absolutely 100% right.

Just the fact that they initially got Hawk legends Cyril, Hodgey, Roughie, etc, to comment, but then random Sydney players like Heeney.

Back