Michael Johnson new lease on Footy Life

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep playing him until his body fail him .

Presumably his last year, great to see some strong games from him.

Hopefully his body doesn't break down much and we see a few more performances like todays.

He took a knee in the back and crumpled down. Seem to play out the game ok. Hope he's ok for next week. Still a bit weak in one on one contests but is pretty creative for a 2nd tall forward.

I wouldn't be scared of the Roos talls. We have Hamling, Johnson, Logue, Ibbotson, Hughes which is a fair bit of height.

MJ has definitely lost a step off his mercurial best. Did some good things today but playing in the ruck may get his touch going or injure him

Ranked 5th best for Freo by Champion Data, with 17 possies at 100% efficiency and 8 intercepts. He's also making us look far more dangerous coming off half back with his ability to turn the man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes been fantastic lately. For me hes in with the big two of Mundy and Sandi as key figures we will be losing soon and may struggle to replace. We dont really have anyone with his skill set. Hilly could do it but hes not tall enough, Crozier could do it but he hasnt got Johnnos footy IQ, Ibbo could....never mind. Hamling maybe when Collins comes in but he hasnt got the skills set either really. Gonna be tricky.

Hes been fantastic lately. For me hes in with the big two of Mundy and Sandi as key figures we will be losing soon and may struggle to replace. We dont really have anyone with his skill set. Hilly could do it but hes not tall enough, Crozier could do it but he hasnt got Johnnos footy IQ, Ibbo could....never mind. Hamling maybe when Collins comes in but he hasnt got the skills set either really. Gonna be tricky.

Wonder if Johnno might play next year. Is it too much to hope the stars might align with the development of the young guys before Sandi/Johnno/Mundy retire.
A Pearce has shown signs he could play a similar role, he has similar vision and poise in traffic. But then he probably doesn't have the deft kick.

We could look at Jackson Trengove from Port Adelaide as a replacement until Logue and/or Brennan Cox find their feet.

Wonder if Johnno might play next year. Is it too much to hope the stars might align with the development of the young guys before Sandi/Johnno/Mundy retire.

+1

I was convinced he was cooked last year, this year I started thinking he was putting in a lovely little swansong. But now I'm thinking the same thing, just took longer to twig than your good self.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back