List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn - Gippsland/Next Gen Academy players

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full list of Academy players, including, yes, Irving Mosquito.

AFL article also talks about how Todd Garner's brother is expected to be a first round pick this year, so let's hope Todd's the Joel Selwood of the family.

HAWTHORN
Tony Olango (2016/17), Marrara, Multicultural
Changkuoth Jiath (2017), Morewell, Multicultural
Bol Jok (2017), Pakenham, Multicultural
Tyrone Hayes (2017), Lakes Entrance, Indigenous
Stephen Kapahnke (2018), Macclesfield, Multicultural
Irving Mosquito (2018), Briagolong, Indigenous
Marcus Toussaint (2019), Inverloch, Multicultural
Todd Garner (2019), Gruyere, Indigenous
Tot Jok (2019), Pakenham, Multicultural
Charles Power (2019), Heathmont, Multicultural
Sebastian Reyneke (2019), Park Orchards, Multicultural
Harrison Pepper (2019), Morwell, Indigenous

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-09/hawks-primed-to-land-next-generation-academy-forward

Full list of Academy players, including, yes, Irving Mosquito.

AFL article also talks about how Todd Garner's brother is expected to be a first round pick this year, so let's hope Todd's the Joel Selwood of the family.

HAWTHORN
Tony Olango (2016/17), Marrara, Multicultural
Changkuoth Jiath (2017), Morewell, Multicultural
Bol Jok (2017), Pakenham, Multicultural
Tyrone Hayes (2017), Lakes Entrance, Indigenous
Stephen Kapahnke (2018), Macclesfield, Multicultural
Irving Mosquito (2018), Briagolong, Indigenous
Marcus Toussaint (2019), Inverloch, Multicultural
Todd Garner (2019), Gruyere, Indigenous
Tot Jok (2019), Pakenham, Multicultural
Charles Power (2019), Heathmont, Multicultural
Sebastian Reyneke (2019), Park Orchards, Multicultural
Harrison Pepper (2019), Morwell, Indigenous

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-09/hawks-primed-to-land-next-generation-academy-forward
Was it too late for us to land his brother 'Big Bird' Joel as these academies weren't set up yet?
Yeah let's hope he's the better bro & there's even better in the litter maybe?

I can see though in a few years if we get a good batch of kids coming through the Nazi's & oppo. clubs will cry foul again as our supposed leg up prospers!

Still got me how North Melbourne got Tassie ahead of us after all the years of playing there (since 2001) & community camps/development schemes we've had in place there. I know we got Melb's East & Gippsland along with parts of the NT.
Just saying we're sponsored by the state as well. Would of made sense to me that's all.

In reference to all academies, I think it's boosting, not right, and shouldn't be allowed.

Happy to win at boosting tho while it's here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. Academies are a rort and the exact opposite of equalisation.
Success of your academy is very much dependent upon your zone.
IMO the AFL should exclusively run the academy, and all players go into the draft.
I don't see the NFL doing academies and special selections so I don't know why some clubs get favoured over others because of the rubbish on and off field performances.

I couldn't agree more. Academies are a rort and the exact opposite of equalisation.
Success of your academy is very much dependent upon your zone.
IMO the AFL should exclusively run the academy, and all players go into the draft.
I don't see the NFL doing academies and special selections so I don't know why some clubs get favoured over others because of the rubbish on and off field performances.
I also agree, but if the AFL isn't going to remove exclusive access to academies from the northern state clubs, then allowing the rest of the comp to have academies too is better than nothing.

I also agree, but if the AFL isn't going to remove exclusive access to academies from the northern state clubs, then allowing the rest of the comp to have academies too is better than nothing.

This !!! Not sure if we will ever get a Heeney or Mills out of it though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been informed if these academies had have been set up just 1 year earlier we would have been eligible to pick up SPS.

A real shame as he looks a super super talent.

Don't think that's correct.

Is from Halls Creek and was drafted from Claremont in the WAFL. Neither fall into those academy zones

In reference to all academies, I think it's boosting, not right, and shouldn't be allowed.

Happy to win at boosting tho while it's here!

Yeah well said. These new 'multicultural' academies are just lip service to the other clubs so the northern clubs can keep they're academies, which are far, far more unfair.

Just put all kids into a draft and have 1-18. Trade picks sure, but all this points and bidding is rubbish.

That said, I am going to contradict myself and say that they should keep FS in there.... :$

Yeah unfortunately a year late for young Joel.
We do have his bro. though Todd in our academy.
Hopefully we do a reverse Hilly & Joel wants to reunite with his Bro in the near future, that's if we end up drafting Todd of course.
Don't think we'll have the pick for him this year but. Sounds like a early 1st rounder at this stage.
Plus don't think clubs are going to let him slip as far as Cyril did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back