List Mgmt. AFC Player Contracts - Updates Please

Remove this Banner Ad

Ditched Grigg

Anyone know the details for these guys?

ROB and Milera have re-signed, Shaw is done at the end of the year.

Unconfirmed rumors are:

Menzel - End of 2019
Hampton - 2018
Seedsman - 2018
Hunter - 2017
Beech - 2017
Dear - 2018

I believe this is the most correct list:

Contracted until end of 2021
Daniel Talia (11yrs)
Josh Jenkins

Contracted until end of 2020
Brad Crouch
Eddie Betts
Wayne Milera

Contracted until end of 2019
Sam Jacobs (9yrs)
Reilly O'Brein

Contracted until end of 2018

David Mackay (10+ yrs)
Taylor Walker (9 yrs)
Richard Douglas (10+ yrs)
Rory Sloane (10+ yrs)
Rory Laird
Charlie Cameron (5+ years)
Tom Lynch
Matthew Crouch
Brodie Smith (8 years)
Rory Atkins
Harry Dear
Jordan Gallucci
Myles Poholke
Elliot Himmelberg
Matthew Signorello
Ben Davis

Contracted until end 2017

Luke Brown
Jake Kelly
Jake Lever
Riley Knight (4+ years)
Kyle Hartigan
Andy Otten
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen
Tom Doedee
Hugh Greenwood (R)
Dean Gore #(had a contract until the end of 2017 with Geelong before trade)
Mitch McGovern
Scott Thompson
Harrison Wigg
Kyle Cheney
Paul Hunter (R)
Jonathon Beech (R)
Ben Jarman (R)

contract length not confirmed
Paul Seedsman
Curtly Hampton
Troy Menzel
Alex Keath (R)

Wow. 2018 has a fair chunk of our best 22.

Sloane
Walker
Smith
Laird
Cameron
Douglas
Lynch
Crouch
Atkins

Would've thought many of those will have interest from other clubs.

Reckon a few of them will re-sign before the start of next year. Like Walker

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Sloane
Walker
Smith
Laird
Cameron
Douglas
Lynch
Crouch
Atkins

Main priorities here are Sloane, Laird, Cameron, Atkins. Would only sign Walker on 1 year contracts after 2018.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
??? Won't he only be 28/29? He's deserving of contracts until at least 31 if he maintains form.
I think the major priority is McGovern and i would be throwing the cheque book at him to stay. He is the only plyer in our forward line that can take a contested mark. He is the future of our forward line. Walker goes up for contested marks with one hand while fending off body contact with the other so as to protect his knee. He has never been the same after doing his knee imo and is great with ball in hand but ordinary without it. If walker reaches 30 in our side I will be happy but feel his pace will drop off quickly.

Brown has extended through 2020.
May 17, 2017

Brown signs

One of the competition’s best small defenders Luke Brown has re-committed to the Crows, signing a three-year contract extension.

Brown will remain at West Lakes until at least the end of 2020.

The 24-year-old arrived at Adelaide during the 2011 trade period after initially being a pre-selection for Greater Western Sydney.

The Tea Tree Gully junior negates some of the best small forwards in the AFL on a weekly basis and currently leads the Club for disposal efficiency (84.6 per cent) in 2017.

Brown, who is set to play his 100th AFL game this weekend, said it was an easy decision to sign on.

“I am excited to be able to continue my career at the Crows,” Brown said.

“It’s a great environment to be around at the Club and we have a determined playing group that I feel is not far off success.”

Crows General Manager List Management and Strategy Justin Reid said Brown is an integral member of the Club’s defence.

“We are thrilled to have Luke re-sign with us,” Reid said.

“He is a key part of our back six and works in really well with our defensive group.

“He is a developing leader amongst the playing group and we love his competitive nature and team-first approach.”

simmo97

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Daniel Talia (11yrs)
Josh Jenkins

Brad Crouch
Eddie Betts
Wayne Milera
Luke Brown

Sam Jacobs (9yrs)
Reilly O'Brein

David Mackay (10+ yrs)
Taylor Walker (9 yrs)
Rory Sloane (10+ yrs)
Rory Laird
Tom Lynch
Matthew Crouch
Brodie Smith (8 years)
Rory Atkins
Harry Dear
Jordan Gallucci
Myles Poholke
Elliot Himmelberg
Matthew Signorello
Ben Davis

Jake Kelly
Jake Lever
Riley Knight (4+ years)
Kyle Hartigan
Andy Otten
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen
Tom Doedee
Hugh Greenwood (R)
Mitch McGovern
Scott Thompson
Harrison Wigg
Kyle Cheney
Paul Hunter (R)
Jonathon Beech (R)
Ben Jarman (R)

Paul Seedsman
Curtly Hampton
Troy Menzel
Alex Keath (R)

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
Would be interesting to see who doesn't get a new contract especially if we are looking for salary cap funds. I can see Scott Thompson and Andy Otten being released and maybe Menzel.

But its players like Dean Gore, Harrison Wigg, and Tom Doedee that I am not sure about. These guys were brought to the AFC but so far none have been good enough to break into the team or are being ignored or held back by the club. Our more recent draft selections like Milera, Gallucci are now ahead of them. Even Poholke appears to be in front of them. Greenwood was drafted in the same year as Gore and Doedee but he has passed Wigg who was drafted in 2014. Perhaps they will leave because they are not getting a chance but whatever the reason these guys may not be at the club next year.

I guess the next question is who try and bring in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Would be interesting to see who doesn't get a new contract especially if we are looking for salary cap funds. I can see Scott Thompson and Andy Otten being released and maybe Menzel.

But its players like Dean Gore, Harrison Wigg, and Tom Doedee that I am not sure about. These guys were brought to the AFC but so far none have been good enough to break into the team or are being ignored or held back by the club. Our more recent draft selections like Milera, Gallucci are now ahead of them. Even Poholke appears to be in front of them. Greenwood was drafted in the same year as Gore and Doedee but he has passed Wigg who was drafted in 2014. Perhaps they will leave because they are not getting a chance but whatever the reason these guys may not be at the club next year.

I'd say Gore is cut and Wigg will leave even if we think about wanting to keep him. Don't see them getting rid of Doedee, only his 2nd year and he's had his injury troubles early. You'd hope he'd be pushing for selection in the later part of the year if he can get on the field consistently from here.

Milera wasn't more recent. Doedee was about 6 minutes after Milera. Also have Gore draft year wrong.

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Milera wasn't more recent. Doedee was about 6 minutes after Milera. Also have Gore draft year wrong.
Are you sure. Gore and Milera, Doedee all came in the same year when we lost Dangerfield which was 2015. We had Wigg a year earlier. Point is that Gore Doedee and Wigg still appear to be on the outer.

Are you sure. Gore and Milera, Doedee all came in the same year when we lost Dangerfield which was 2015. We had Wigg a year earlier. Point is that Gore Doedee and Wigg still appear to be on the outer.
Gore was drafted the year before. By Geelong. Doedee was same as Milera, a few picks later.

Doedee has also had injury problems more than being on the outer.

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Gore was drafted the year before. By Geelong. Doedee was same as Milera, a few picks later.

Doedee has also had injury problems more than being on the outer.
OK
Gore may have been drafted the year before but he came to us at the same time as Doedee which is really what I am talking about ...the fact that others selected earlier or at the same time have not been given a game. I thought you would have realised that the comment was all about players we have selected or been forced to take (Gore).

A little logic helps

OK
Gore may have been drafted the year before but he came to us at the same time as Doedee which is really what I am talking about ...the fact that others selected earlier or at the same time have not been given a game. I thought you would have realised that the comment was all about players we have selected or been forced to take (Gore).

A little logic helps
Was confused when you said Milera was showing more than players selected earlier, and named Doedee.
Yes it seems like Gallucci is getting an opportunity before Gore and Wigg (3rd year in an AFL system), but he's a first round pick. It does look like he might be ahead at this stage.

Also before Doedee (2nd year in system), but he's had injuries. Greenwood is also 2nd year in, but 25 and physically developed so it's a bit different.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Sloane
Walker
Smith
Laird
Cameron
Douglas
Lynch
Crouch
Atkins

Cameron, Laird and Sloane the only ones with genuine interest from other clubs.

simmo97

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Daniel Talia (11yrs)
Josh Jenkins

Brad Crouch
Eddie Betts
Wayne Milera
Luke Brown
Kyle Hartigan

Sam Jacobs (9yrs)
Reilly O'Brein

David Mackay (10+ yrs)
Taylor Walker (9 yrs)
Rory Sloane (10+ yrs)
Rory Laird
Tom Lynch
Matthew Crouch
Brodie Smith (8 years)
Rory Atkins
Harry Dear
Jordan Gallucci
Myles Poholke
Elliot Himmelberg
Matthew Signorello
Ben Davis

Jake Kelly
Jake Lever
Riley Knight (4+ years)
Andy Otten
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen
Tom Doedee
Hugh Greenwood (R)
Mitch McGovern
Scott Thompson
Harrison Wigg
Kyle Cheney
Paul Hunter (R)
Jonathon Beech (R)
Ben Jarman (R)

Paul Seedsman
Curtly Hampton
Troy Menzel
Alex Keath (R)