Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindsay Thomas got 3 games for a bump in the VFL was worse than Jonas' last season.

This does prove that trial by all forms of media does indeed exist and isn't a myth as some claim it to be.

"Jarrad Waite, North Melbourne, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Tom Lynch, Adelaide Crows, during the second quarter of the Round Seven match between North Melbourne and the Adelaide Crows, played at Blundstone Arena on Saturday May 6, 2017.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Adelaide Crows Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with medium impact to the head. The incident was classified as a two-match sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacts the penalty. An early plea enables the player to accept one-match sanction."

In which universe does Jarrad Waite have no applicable record? o_O

"Jarrad Waite, North Melbourne, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Tom Lynch, Adelaide Crows, during the second quarter of the Round Seven match between North Melbourne and the Adelaide Crows, played at Blundstone Arena on Saturday May 6, 2017.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Adelaide Crows Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with medium impact to the head. The incident was classified as a two-match sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacts the penalty. An early plea enables the player to accept one-match sanction."

He must be a good bloke!

He must be a good bloke!
Actually, it was my mistake. It was that Jarrad Waite, Carlton fella that had the bad record, and I extend my sincere apologies to the MRP...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can't believe people actually believe that Pyke would deliberately set out to lose to North.

I also don't believe it. And I don't mean that as an expression. I literally don't believe the story.

Lindsay Thomas got 3 games for a bump in the VFL was worse than Jonas' last season.

This does prove that trial by all forms of media does indeed exist and isn't a myth as some claim it to be.

I haven't seen this bump but if it was indeed a 'bump' then by that measure alone I'm sure it wasn't worse than Jonas elbowing an unsuspecting player in the back of the head.

I also don't believe it. And I don't mean that as an expression. I literally don't believe the story.
I believe that word on the street is that Pyke threw the game, I know this because I heard about it from several people. I also believe Crows fans, being total dunderheads (unlike Port fans, who are all Brain Geniuses), would believe that their coach tactically threw the game, for no benefit.

I believe that word on the street is that Pyke threw the game, I know this because I heard about it from several people. I also believe Crows fans, being total dunderheads (unlike Port fans, who are all Brain Geniuses), would believe that their coach tactically threw the game, for no benefit.

64031146.png

If you haven't missed a game for 2 years because of some offence, then there is no loading. That's what that statement means.

If you haven't missed a game for 2 years because of some offence, then there is no loading. That's what that statement means.

Was everyone's slate wiped clean when they brought the "applicable record" system in? I could have sworn Luke Hodge had received weeks for felling Todd Goldstein within two years of stobie poling our Chad, but I recall his punishment for that was less than it might have been because he apparently had "no applicable record" o_O

Was everyone's slate wiped clean when they brought the "applicable record" system in? I could have sworn Luke Hodge had received weeks for felling Todd Goldstein within two years of stobie poling our Chad, but I recall his punishment for that was less than it might have been because he apparently had "no applicable record" o_O
Don't think - memories are faulty - dig up the facts if you want to be 100% correct. I have no idea about Lou Codge's history.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon it was Jordan Lewis who did a Jonas on Goldstein. But likewise, I was amazed when it was stated that he had no applicable record when reported for decapitating Chadzard

Gee the things coaches have to endure:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/te...s/news-story/ee0eac34834934bcf7671fa3b966da7c
Terry Wallace reveals he received ‘death threats’
not many Richmond fans would have been happy with their Tigers’ efforts in 2009, but the backlash coach Terry Wallace said he received is out of this world.

Wallace failed send his side into the top eight on five consecutive occasions while employed as head coach.

“I got death threats,” he revealed on SEN Tuesday afternoon.

“I got them in letter form and they were clearly not marked. But that’s the nature of the business.”

So this from the JLT series doesn't count?
'Jarrad Waite, North Melbourne, has been charged with kneeing Harry Marsh, Sydney Swans, during the second quarter of the Week One JLT Community Series match between North Melbourne and the Sydney Swans, played at Coffs Harbour on Sunday February 19, 2017.
In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea."

So this from the JLT series doesn't count?
'Jarrad Waite, North Melbourne, has been charged with kneeing Harry Marsh, Sydney Swans, during the second quarter of the Week One JLT Community Series match between North Melbourne and the Sydney Swans, played at Coffs Harbour on Sunday February 19, 2017.
In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea."
Bingo.

upload_2017-5-10_0-37-52.png
http://www.aflcommunityclub.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Coach_AFL/2017_Tribunal_Guidelines.pdf

Gary Buckenara was on Open Mike last night. Thought the most interesting stuff was around drafting Cyril Rioli, who clearly gamed the draft process in order to stay in Melbourne (Chad like maybe). But turns out Matt Rendell was very very keen to draft him but got vetoed by Neil Craig as in the interview Rioli told them he didn't really like to train, only play. Bucky said they were worried about Adelaide because Rendell was so keen but knew Cyril was interviewing poorly for non-Melbourne clubs.

Its well known that Cyril tanked his interview with the Crows and that he was top of their want list. They ended with Danger so didnt fair too badly themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back