List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely plays on the wing in some games, but still plays plenty of games as a forward. Not sure what games you've been watching.

V Hawks
View attachment 366541

v Collingwood
View attachment 366545
Great stats, but you forgot a few for some reason? Don't worry I have included them for you. Wouldn't want anybody thinking that you are cherry picking your data.

He has also been crook the last two weeks and hasn't been able cover as much ground as usual.

But at the end of the day he is a winger first and foremost, he rests forwards at time, he drifts forward with the ball, but his starting and main position has been on the wing since round 1, 2016.

I guess the media doesn't cover it as much in the west but over here they have been going on about how he has reinvented himself in the last couple of years.

All teams supporters look like flogs when you pick the dumbest things their supporters say, or you amalgamate speculation and hypotheticals from multiple posters. I have heard people say we're a chance at Fyfe, I've heard people say we're a chance at Martin, I've heard people say we're a chance at Kelly. Somebody floated a hypothetical whether we should make a play for GAJ. Nobody has said we'd get them all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170506-175300.png
    Screenshot_20170506-175300.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20170506-175234.png
    Screenshot_20170506-175234.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20170506-175146.png
    Screenshot_20170506-175146.png
    91 KB · Views: 10
Great stats, but you forgot a few for some reason? Don't worry I have included them for you. Wouldn't want anybody thinking that you are cherry picking your data.

He has also been crook the last two weeks and hasn't been able cover as much ground as usual.

But at the end of the day he is a winger first and foremost, he rests forwards at time, he drifts forward with the ball, but his starting and main position has been on the wing since round 1, 2016.

I guess the media doesn't cover it as much in the west but over here they have been going on about how he has reinvented himself in the last couple of years.

All teams supporters look like flogs when you pick the dumbest things their supporters say, or you amalgamate speculation and hypotheticals from multiple posters. I have heard people say we're a chance at Fyfe, I've heard people say we're a chance at Martin, I've heard people say we're a chance at Kelly. Somebody floated a hypothetical whether we should make a play for GAJ. Nobody has said we'd get them all.
This has nothing to do with Fyfe.

Get back on topic or stop posting

You said Roo hasn't been a forward for 18 months. In 2 games this year he played mainly as a forward. No one is denying that he plays on the wing. We were simply pulling you up on your incorrect statement.

Anyway off topic.

The St Kilda trade thread really is the gift that keeps on giving. If you are seriously in need of a perk up please do yourself a favour and head on over and get a good laugh from reading through their ridiculous dreams. What's great is it isn't just one or two posters sharing their fantasies. Quite a lot of them honestly think they are truly going to get three or more elite players in the coming trade period and all without losing anyone of value.

Despite all the evidence to the contrary I'd say over half of their board seem to believe the Fyfe deal is already done and it won't cost them anything. It's hilarious. Lots of requests for inside information through PMs between them :) So much fun! The gullibility and dumbness is of epic proportions. Saint's supporters are like that stupid uncle who you can't help but love a little bit simply because they are not quite all there upstairs. Great to see them get over GWS yesterday, that has only helped fuel the delusions.

Hoping I get a heat map back to disprove that half of their board are gullible enough to believe a breakfast radio commentator who coincidentally had just found out his poor ratings only a day or so earlier :D

Anyone notice that Fyfe occasionally uses his left foot and delivers it better than he would on his right.
Was actually thinking that watching the game yesterday ... always seems to hit the kicks (and difficult ones to leading players at that) on his left boot. BUT he also takes A LOT longer to get the kick off ... maybe It's just a matter of slowing down his kicking action on his right and taking that little bit more care to ensure he connects sweetly, as he seems to do on the left!

Just musing with a Saint Kilda mate. Would you be happy with Fyfe leaving if:

Out: Fyfe
In: Saints 2 1st rounders (Pick 5 and 10)

We use those 2 first rounders for Hogan.

i don't understand the Hogan hype. two top 10 picks for a guy who performs about the same as Mccarthy who we essentially got for free doesn't seem like a good deal. Hogan has had two seasons back to back with almost identical output which makes me think he has peaked early. It is a decent level but people talk like he is the next Carey.

i don't understand the Hogan hype. two top 10 picks for a guy who performs about the same as Mccarthy who we essentially got for free doesn't seem like a good deal. Hogan has had two seasons back to back with almost identical output which makes me think he has peaked early. It is a decent level but people talk like he is the next Carey.
Taberner > Hogan :eek:

Yeah honestly at this point Hogan hasn't lived up to the hype he got with his good first year as he hasn't improved much since then.

He's had a rough time of it lately has Hogan & you gotta feel for the kid. At the same time, hard not to feel like we've dodged a bit of a bullet there.

Hogan is just following the normal development curve. He's a KPF, he's 22.

Look at what he's done in his first few seasons and compare it to any other of the good KPFs going around, Hogan blows all except Buddy and maybe the GC Lynch out of the water. Even when you account for his relatively late debut. Then think about his obvious physical tools and his natural ability as a forward. Yeah, nah, i'd pay that for him every day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah honestly at this point Hogan hasn't lived up to the hype he got with his good first year as he hasn't improved much since then.
Hogan's been dealing with a lot of off field stuff lately and I really feel for the kid. He's also a 22 yo developing KPF.

If he wants to head back west, I'd love to see him in Purple.

Legit question that i ask and hope to be answered without bias.

Which guy is more equipped physically and from a talent perspective for modern football, Hogan or McCarthy?
Not sure, I mean McCarthy pretty much got towelled up by Hurley for most of the day but still snagged 2 and probably should have had 3. Hes going to kick a bag this year for sure.

McCarthy is what allows us to play two other "talls" up front. He can play as our link player in space, to take marks between forward fifty and centre, then work back to be a scoring threat.

One of our most talented half forwards.

But we gave up a top five pick for him, so he would want to be.

Legit question that i ask and hope to be answered without bias.

Which guy is more equipped physically and from a talent perspective for modern football, Hogan or McCarthy?

Physically absolutely Hogan. Talent wise they're just different players.

Cam is never going to be a hulking physical KPF who is going to dominate key defenders. He relies more on smarts and agility. Not that Hogan doesn't have that, if you watch a lot of Hogan you see he has a very very good understanding of when to lead, where to lead and how to apply the body, he is excellent at the mental side of being a KPF at 22. He has the physical gifts to be able to play more traditionally. Cam has a bit more freak natural ability but if you threw him up front as the single target he'd struggle a lot more than Hogan IMO.

It's like asking the same question about Patton or Cameron. Patton is a more traditional KPF who is really starting to just physically dominate. Cameron is more of a freak footballer who's never going to have that presence but can still manufacture goals out of his arse.

Direct comparisons are weird because they play slightly different roles, and one doesn't preclude the other. That's the whole idea behind throwing a player like Tabs in so that Cam isn't that automatic #1 defender's target. If people are starting to think we don't need to look at improving that spot, I think that's pretty silly. If you have a chance to get Hogan, you try. If you have a chance to draft a gun KPF, you do. They're hens teeth. We probably don't so hey who cares, make do with what we've got.

Physically absolutely Hogan. Talent wise they're just different players.

Cam is never going to be a hulking physical KPF who is going to dominate key defenders. He relies more on smarts and agility. Not that Hogan doesn't have that, if you watch a lot of Hogan you see he has a very very good understanding of when to lead, where to lead and how to apply the body, he is excellent at the mental side of being a KPF at 22. He has the physical gifts to be able to play more traditionally. Cam has a bit more freak natural ability but if you threw him up front as the single target he'd struggle a lot more than Hogan IMO.

It's like asking the same question about Patton or Cameron. Patton is a more traditional KPF who is really starting to just physically dominate. Cameron is more of a freak footballer who's never going to have that presence but can still manufacture goals out of his arse.

Direct comparisons are weird because they play slightly different roles, and one doesn't preclude the other. That's the whole idea behind throwing a player like Tabs in so that Cam isn't that automatic #1 defender's target. If people are starting to think we don't need to look at improving that spot, I think that's pretty silly. If you have a chance to get Hogan, you try. If you have a chance to draft a gun KPF, you do. They're hens teeth. We probably don't so hey who cares, make do with what we've got.
Ive been impressed (as have the commentators) on his strength and positioning in 1v1s has surprised me as I thought he was more of a tall that plays smaller type like a jack watts/Westoff maybe.

Ive been impressed (as have the commentators) on his strength and positioning in 1v1s has surprised me as I thought he was more of a tall that plays smaller type like a jack watts/Westoff maybe.

Cam? Yeah me too. But let's not kid ourselves about him being the be all and end all of improving our forward line.

Watts is actually a pretty ******* good player now too - which kind of should be a lesson for people about KPPs generally. Myself included.

How much money can we pay him before we end up like Sydney with no depth?

5 million over 5 years, including performance bonuses to hit those targets is pretty much the most I would offer. I don't want to look back at the Fyfe contract in 3-4 years when players like Balic, Neale etc are leaving, in the same way Swans supporters must be looking at the Tippett and Franklins deals now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back